Mary Kinnister
Old
  (#1)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Mary Kinnister - 06-14-2018, 05:28 PM

I was watching Alison vs Siming Chen.

Mary was doing some commentary, she said in her hey day she ran a back to back 5 pack in tournament matches.

This was prior to Alison coming here to take over the WPBA. I didn't know that back then the women on your played that strong.

Old
  (#2)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2018, 05:48 PM

Well, yah never know what kind of equipment was being played on.. I think that women play on tougher equipment these days than back then.

One thing I do know.. My son and I sat and BS'ed with Mary Kenniston for about 2 hours at DCC, then I watched the 9 ball finals with her. She is an absolute RIOT to hang out with!! Lots of stories about her hustling back in the day, at a time when everyone gambled, and none of the regular pool players had seen a woman who could play...

The time spent with Mary was one of my more memorable DCC times.. I hope she is gonna be there again this January..

Short Bus Russ

Old
  (#3)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2018, 06:32 PM

I wouldn’t call today’s cloth tougher.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

Old
  (#4)
ShortBusRuss
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPoland View Post
I wouldn’t call today’s cloth tougher.

Respectfully, Matt
I was more referring to 5 inch pockets... :-P

Old
  (#5)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2018, 06:39 PM

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I was watching Alison vs Siming Chen.

Mary was doing some commentary, she said in her hey day she ran a back to back 5 pack in tournament matches.

This was prior to Alison coming here to take over the WPBA. I didn't know that back then the women on your played that strong.
Mary Kenniston....she was action tough and strong....
...I’m six feet....Mary is taller

Name:  B9467361-C0F7-495F-ACD9-45825119AB4E.jpeg
Views: 555
Size:  22.1 KB

Posted this in a donut shop....they’re used to double dipping
Attached Images

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

Last edited by pt109; 06-14-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Old
  (#6)
ShortBusRuss

06-14-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
]

Mary Kenniston....she was action tough and strong....
...I’m six feet....Mary is taller

Attachment 494214

Posted this in a donut shop....they’re used to double dipping
After we got done hanging out with Mary, my son looked up her pictures from when she was younger and told me how he thought Mary was a hottie back in the day...

Old
  (#7)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member
Pushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2018, 07:44 PM

Mary is "Nightmare" on AZ.

I had a stroke. I had it when I came in, I KNOW I did

"Nothing beats playing pool in your underwear at 2 o'clock in the morning." George Fels 1938-2013

Straight Pool is not a race!

Link to 101 Tips to Improve Your Game by George Fels
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ldhxbll58urg18z

Old
  (#8)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2018, 07:50 PM

Mary is very fun to hang out with. I got to chat with her at Griffs after the Mosconi Cup. What a hoot!

Respectfully, Matt

Old
  (#9)
terryhanna
AzB Silver Member
terryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2018, 08:19 PM

Mary is one of the founding members of women's professional pool,she loves the sport and has prolly the best collection of classic pool photos anywhere.

I highly recommend anybody that is interested in pool history and classic pool pictures check out her facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/mdkenn

Mary is a former women's world champion and one of the true ambassador's of the sport.

She will be doing the commentary for the WPBA signature event next week at Emerald Billiards in Louisiana .

Name:  33958208_2096615133701900_8049214259726385152_n.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  52.2 KB

Mary Kenniston will in the booth doing commentary along with many other Special guests from the Pro Ladies sitting in with her.

Live free Stream will be on Facebook Live on PoolActionTV's page and will also be on our website home page www.poolactiontv.com.

It will also be broadcast on the Women's Professional Billiard Association YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz3...-zgKYfFvkS15hQ

Name:  mary and allison in the booth 11.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  95.9 KB

Last edited by terryhanna; 06-15-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Old
  (#10)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2018, 01:53 AM

Thanks guys, I never knew of her. My only experience with the wpba was via espn.

Old
  (#11)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

06-15-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhanna View Post
I highly recommend anybody that is interested in pool history and classic pool pictures check out her facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/mdkenn
"This page isn't available."

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#12)
Tooler
Inside Engrish Prease
Tooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-15-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
Works for me ....

Maybe blocked at work...?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Playing cues: Big-Pin Ivory Scruggs
Judd Wrapless (Still the All Time Fav).
Cue Case: Whitten 2x4
Tip: Searing (Hard)
Fav shaft: Gulyassy SPTX(whip it good)

Old
  (#13)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I'm not on FB but a friend is and he got the same error mssg when he tried it but once he logged in to FB her page works.

Player: 1973 Meucci model QB-12 18.5 oz.
Player: 2017 Custom Meucci 18.5 oz
Player: 2016 Joss model 10-08 18.5 oz
Case: 1980 Fellini 1x2 black
Case: 2018 Katana 2x4 black

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

Old
  (#14)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

06-15-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooler View Post
Works for me ....

Maybe blocked at work...?
Maybe you have to be signed in.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#15)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Maybe you have to be signed in.
Z’berg is trying to suck us in...doesn’t work for me either.

Mary, how about the ‘not now’ option?
....or ship some pics to AZ

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: