foul ??? or not ???

SHORTY WRIGHT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We were playing on a barbox table ... BCA rules ... ball in hand ... the player called his ball & made in the designated pocket & then he knocks one of his balls in a pocket with his elbow ... Is that a foul or not ????

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
We were playing on a barbox table ... BCA rules ... ball in hand ... the player called his ball & made in the designated pocket & then he knocks one of his balls in a pocket with his elbow ... Is that a foul or not ????

Dunno BCA rules but if you're playing "all balls" foul, then that is clearly a foul. That said, most rules play only cue ball fouls.

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Touching a ball with your body or clothes should be a foul everywhere in the world. I don't even understand why we have different rules.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No you get to replace the ball in oiur local bca and Apa league.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In BCA (league) rules it is not a foul and the ball is restored unless two balls are disturbed or it affects the outcome of the shot, e.g. a ball in motion passes into/through a 7” diameter circle original occupied by a disturbed ball.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Should not be a foul in cueball only foul rules, but there are exceptions. If another ball passed through the area the moved ball was, that is a foul. If you move more than one ball, that is a foul.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if the table's locked, i don't see how it could be anything but a foul. a player shouldn't be doubly rewarded for elbowing or headbutting balls in.

if the the ball can be retrieved, i'll let him put it back where it was and keep shooting.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta love BCA/CSI league crap. Let's just water-down the game/rules so everyone feels better about themselves. Just another reminder why i quit league pool 20 some-odd yrs ago.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Gotta love BCA/CSI league crap. Let's just water-down the game/rules so everyone feels better about themselves. Just another reminder why i quit league pool 20 some-odd yrs ago.

"You're the lasstttttttt winner, Bobby! Here's your trophy." :D

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cueball foul rules are in many tournaments, not just leagues. Without a ref watching the game, it is not easy or fair to players to call the fouls. When over a ball, you can't see if you brush a ball, and the opponent is not often in a good place to see the foul, and can't be counted on being honest either.

I would rather see all ball fouls, but that causes it's own set of issues. "the ball moved, no it did not, yet it did, no it did not...."

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don’t mean to be sarcastic, but the rules are published on the BCA league site. You can look up the exact language for yourself!

You’ll find that it is not a foul, and the opponent can put the ball back where it was.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’m glad you did to since your obviously someone who gets that ass hurt by something like this at a pool league. Lol

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I’m glad you did to since your obviously someone who gets that ass hurt by something like this at a pool league. Lol

Lol. I gotta agree.

League isn't for me either, but I understand people just wanna have fun and be social.
Jason

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lol. I gotta agree.

League isn't for me either, but I understand people just wanna have fun and be social.
Jason

Everyone says they’re there to have fun and socialize, you’ll find out quick who is full of crap! So many arguments happen every time I’m there, usually pretty funny how serious some people take it.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Everyone says they’re there to have fun and socialize, you’ll find out quick who is full of crap! So many arguments happen every time I’m there, usually pretty funny how serious some people take it.

Well yeah...because there's such big money on the line.:rolleyes:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see a lot of players disturb balls in leagues. At first I thought the rule better suited casual play. It’s a no brainer when there’s no foul. Every time I’ve called the foul, I’ve had to explain the rule to an annoyed person thinking I’m trying to get an advantage. It think all ball fouls is better.

Respectfully, Matt

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This reminds me of a story about a guy at I think it was DCC who was in action playing with the cue ball in his mouth. Spit out the cue ball to make the shot.

A video of that would be cool.

In a banger league where a guy accidentally makes a ball with his elbow the rule is you do an immediate breathalyzer and the dunkest man wins.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I see a lot of players disturb balls in leagues. At first I thought the rule better suited casual play. It’s a no brainer when there’s no foul. Every time I’ve called the foul, I’ve had to explain the rule to an annoyed person thinking I’m trying to get an advantage. I think all fouls is better.

Respectfully, Matt

The trouble with calling all fouls is that sometimes you don’t know you’ve made one.
....I need a ref for all fouls.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Copied from the BCAPL rules:

6. If a single disturbed ball falls into a pocket with no effect on the outcome of a shot, your opponent has the restoration option. However, if the disturbed ball is designated by specific game rules as the game winning ball, it must be restored. If the game-winning ball is disturbed and falls into a pocket when there is an effect on the outcome of the shot, it is loss of game.