Headed to the Int'l 9 Ball Open - Who's Going?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Hello ole friends! The Greensboro NC contingent will roll north next week. It'll be my 10th in 12 years. Who's going? I hope to cya there - tilt a couple and maybe roll a couple at the Q! I roll in at 1pm Thursday.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Open

I’m leaving early Monday morning and I’ve been looking forward to it for a while. This will be my 24th year and I’ve seen a lot over the years. Q-masters is one of my favorite pool halls and I always try to spend some time there while I’m at the Open.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Kool Kat....I’m not coming this year
But Inwould appreciate some on the scene reporting.

You old AZ buddy....pt

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ole friends! The Greensboro NC contingent will roll north next week. It'll be my 10th in 12 years. Who's going? I hope to cya there - tilt a couple and maybe roll a couple at the Q! I roll in at 1pm Thursday.

You know I'll be there, I get back from Reno Tuesday night.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just up the road and will try and make it.

In for the updates as well though.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Klenti just won his first match, 11 to 1. Fastest shooter in the first round.

Justin Bergman is on the TV table at the time of this writing.

Looks like a FANTASTIC event filled with world-class shooters! :)

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Klenti just won his first match, 11 to 1. Fastest shooter in the first round.

Justin Bergman is on the TV table at the time of this writing.

Looks like a FANTASTIC event filled with world-class shooters! :)

Thanks and that is a bit surprising...at being the fastest, not winning

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Thanks and that is a bit surprising...at being the fastest, not winning

From what I have seen of him over the past year, he picked up his pace considerably since last years Open.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
From what I have seen of him over the past year, he picked up his pace considerably since last years Open.

I’m glad to hear this because he was pretty slow and deliberate last year. It’s not good for the spectators when a player takes more time than normal to shoot each shot. I’ve always found 9 ball to be fairly easy to figure out you either go for the shot and position for the next shot or shoot and play position to play safe if you can’t get to the next ball or you just play safe. Maybe a little longer on a real tough shot, but it shouldn’t take a long time like I’ve seen some players take. I like the Accu-stats shot clock on the tv table and it’s helped keep the game moving when a deliberate player is playing.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I’m glad to hear this because he was pretty slow and deliberate last year. It’s not good for the spectators when a player takes more time than normal to shoot each shot.

Oh I agree completely. I sat ringside for a few of his matches last year. Not just the spectators, but the officials and other players (not just his opponent) were annoyed by it.

Strange thing though. After improving his pace, he seems to be playing even better (even after coming in 2nd in the Open last year) and I would consider him a major threat this year.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thursday morning until the end. Good chance I’ll do at least one match.

Freddie <~~~ international man