Can Dechaine handle pressure?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be why he hardly ever gambles, unless hes playing a B player even for 100-200.

FTR, I like MD and thinks hes a top 15 player.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be why he hardly ever gambles, unless hes playing a B player even for 100-200.

No. But i feel the same way as u about him enjoying stealing.
But again, who doesnt , i do too.
Pays for my beer n fuel.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very few people gamble anymore. Most are looking for somebody to drop their wallet or match up with a lock to win. Gambling is passé in 2016 for the most part.

I think Mike D. is a good tournament player. He shoots well in that environment, especially on his home turf. He has a good fan base in the Northeast. Most like to pull for the kid from their neck of the woods. :)

Every pool player has a streak, some longer than others. Earl Strickland's streak spanned over several decades, same with Buddy Hall, Allen Hopkins, Nick Varner, Johnny Archer, and Jean Balukas.

Mike is very passionate about pool, and I think he will continue to push for that high gear for a long time. Whether he reaches the ranks of the above-referenced players or not, time will tell. Overcoming pressure is most definitely a skill set needed to be a successful pool player. If you fold like a lawn chair under the pressure, it's not a good thing in pool.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the they were out of the Steinway Classic this year, MD played one of the young Taiwanese for 500, then stepped up and played JL Chang a set for 500.

After the set, they played a single rack for 500, which was posted on FB.

I wouldn't say he never gambles or only locks up B players.

PoolChump

Banned
No Money Big Headed

From what I have read, he only has OB Cues as a sponsor so that would explain why he hardly gambles.

All the pressure he faces goes to his head.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

i agree that he is a top 15 American 9/10B player as of now

i'm curious what his comfort level is, $ wise, when playing someone somewhat as talented as he is

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
From what I have read, he only has OB Cues as a sponsor so that would explain why he hardly gambles.

He's not playing with OB anymore. As best I could tell, I think he actually played the MC with a Katana cue.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member

i'm curious what his comfort level is, $ wise, when playing someone somewhat as talented as he is

Top 15? Who plays rotation better than him in the states besides SVB? Just curious.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think it's been proven since Mosconi that none of the US players handle pressure very well.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better then me

Mike and the rest handle pool pressure better then me.

They always have the rest of their peers watching them and then a bunch of amateurs commenting on their skills.

If they don't play perfect they are criticized. Sucks for them I think.

PoolChump

Banned
Pool Profession

Mike and the rest handle pool pressure better then me.

They always have the rest of their peers watching them and then a bunch of amateurs commenting on their skills.

If they don't play perfect they are criticized. Sucks for them I think.

They are expected to play perfect. because it is their profession.:confused:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

He came on here a couple weeks ago and addressed the sponsorship thing...he chose to go without sponsors this year.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like playing strangers for $ ..... Anytime ... Always have and always will !