Instructor in the LA area?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
A friend is in need of an instructor in the L.A. CA area. Clean up the basics, work on patterns and cue ball control too. Prefers a certified instructor.

Can anyone give some recommendations?

Hu

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend is in need of an instructor in the L.A. CA area. Clean up the basics, work on patterns and cue ball control too. Prefers a certified instructor.

Can anyone give some recommendations?

Hu

There's Calvin Coker out of Orange County. He is currently active, an excellent player, and a nice guy. Not sure about L.A. proper.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, only two.

“General Area”?
Is that less than 50 miles.....one way?

There are 66 or so cities that make up the General L.A. County area. I might have to challenge this Howard Kennedy fellow to a king of Long Beach match lol.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

Thanks to all! I am a country boy and dodge the big cities or just bounce off the edges of them. I don't know the cities well at all and only made one trip into California. I know that in LA twenty miles or so can be a long trip or no big deal depending.

Bob thanks for the list link. I knew there was a list of instructors but not how to find it or how complete it is.

Hu

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are 66 or so cities that make up the General L.A. County area. I might have to challenge this Howard Kennedy fellow to a king of Long Beach match lol.

Howard played pretty sporty in the '90's from what I remember.

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are lots. Maybe start with Beau Runningen, then Rudy Karraa, Tang Hoa, Sal Butera, maybe even Chris Robinson when he’s in town.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are lots. Maybe start with Beau Runningen, then Rudy Karraa, Tang Hoa, Sal Butera, maybe even Chris Robinson when he’s in town.

I’ve worked with Beau and Calvin Coker. Both have helped me tremendously.

C player who was a D-

Last edited:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve worked with Beau and Calvin Comer. Both have helped me tremendously.

C player who was a D-

I’ve developed a crooked stroke, mostly when drawing the ball. I’ll be in Burbank in February and might be interested in someone helping me with it. I know plenty of instructors but who can really understand the stroke and fix this damn thing

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve developed a crooked stroke, mostly when drawing the ball. I’ll be in Burbank in February and might be interested in someone helping me with it. I know plenty of instructors but who can really understand the stroke and fix this damn thing

Watch Tor’s video on YouTube. His stroke drill will answer your question.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
this is the catch!

Some monster or once monster players are great instructors, some good, some terrible. I'm wanting to send this guy to somebody to be sure his fundamentals are sound before trying to build a game on thin air. Clean up any little glitches before they become big ones. Once I know his basics are good then spending some time with monsters and past monsters makes sense. Probably have him spend more time with past monsters, his instruction will meld better with his long distance coaching from Louisiana!:wink:

Hu