Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mosconi ran 526 .
mizerak ran 421 in the 70s .
gene nagy and dallas west ran several times over 400 .

at that time nobody talks about pocket size or table specifications .

because in the ol times they respect each other .

schmidt ran 626 ....hands down..

you get out what you give in...

and my personal opinion is , its a shame and absolutly embarrasing what ive reading here on the forum about the 626 .

and clowns in tennis clothes plays the 9 ball world championchips in an aircraft hangar in saudi arabia .....

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Misperception. Not defending any player of the game. Don't like where the game has been taken. Purist of 14.1 straight pool/continuous. I learned the game from a player born in 1894 when he was 75 years old. Still ran 75-125 balls almost every inning. Within one month I ran 50-75 every inning on same size table that 526 was run on 46x92. He was taught by George E. Spears born 1871 Balkline Billards player. Same person Willie Hoppe, Ralph Greenleaf and Willie Mosconi and many other Carom pool players who played on 5x10 Carom tables learned the game from after it was developed in 1910 as straight pool continuous. To be continued. xradarx

Thanks for semi answering my question to you from several weeks ago about your 14.1 start. Interesting stough

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I apologize for the delay. I got a little intense with some other posters trying to play a mental game with little knowledge about me, so they just figured that I was some imposter posting from a second identity. There was and is no reason for me to expose myself to anyone. I have played 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous for fifty years. I just never felt the need to travel to play the game far and wide. I can still evaluate all of the players out there from yesteryear through the present. I listen well and do have a unique understanding of the game that few others can verbally represent. Most all of the real greats chose to take their secrets with them on the way out. I have not, yet, determined whether or not to keep them to my vest or to spread the word and simplify the 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous game for others. To be continued...maybe, we'll see. ;);) I play between the x's xradarx

Saul Goodman.

Is there a Tom Wirth of 14.1 moving around giving lessons? Someone that seems to know everything about the game?

I don’t really think I can dedicate myself to it yet as I’m still enthralled by 1P and rotation. I’ve been telling myself to shelf the 1p but it’s just so g-damn addicting. I love it.

I need my pool priorities in order and they’ve just been floating around in a miasma for the past year.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yer like the rest of the nits

why do ya imagine the mountains between the games .
because ive post something ya dont like ?

howdy wanna nein' divide - u have alot of questions it seems - I cannot answer them or repair yer inferiority complex - go see a head doctor is my best advice 4 ya. u made the block list with the rest of the nit's.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
nope

I have to wonder how many people are actually showing up and paying $50 for one of John's "exhibitions." Even though they are being held in my area I have no desire to sit and watch over four hours of someone running balls. Especially not if I have to pay $50 for that honor. But if it works for John then more power to him. Perhaps meeting John in person and listening to his commentary makes it all worthwhile. John is a good commentator!

I was amazed, and applauded John when I first heard he broke Willie's record. But it's old news now as far as I'm concerned. I doubt I would even buy a DVD if he had one for sale. It's just not my cup of tea.

It appears to be hard to capitalize on this accomplishment for John. At least he can say he did it and the video is verification of that. I'm not one of his naysayers. People for years picked apart Mosconi's record (8' table, big pockets, etc.) and they seem to delight in doing the same to John. Regardless of the circumstances I think John's run of 626 is remarkable and I salute him for it. He saw what he wanted to do and persevered until he did it. How many can say that?

I still say yer too intelligent to believe ever thang u hear Jay, I know now u are not a Straight Pool purist, nice try on comparing the likes of john to that of Mosconi - did not work however. At least u can say u did it. If bca said jump off this cliff and you'll sprout wings for flight - would u believe them - I no think so. So ya purty much a worthless 'poly tick' correct posts is what i have come to expect from you - and I ain't afraid of west coast big wigs either. But I do see ur elusively apart of their theatrical smoky mirror production. See ya in duh west coast funny papers. At least yer intelligent enough to not go sign their non disclosure agreement and dwell with that funny business.

Last edited:

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a little intense with some other posters trying to play a mental game with little knowledge about me, so they just figured that I was some imposter posting from a second identity. There was and is no reason for me to expose myself to anyone. I have played 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous for fifty years.

Wow. You are trying to tell us you are an old fart like many of us? With your kind of childish behavior - insulting and threatening people?

Either you're some kiddo maltreating his keyboard or DH's second identity. If you really were such an old man you should be ashamed of yourself. If you still need to insult and threaten at that age you haven't learned one thing in your whole life.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If, if, if, if,..etc...I can tell you missed many a$$ whippings in your youth and a few in your admitted old age Richard Head. Shows you haven't spent much time in the pool parlors, because a$$ whippings would have been dealt to you, mouth-a$$.Take your farting expertise back to your feed trough from js.
No need to respond with your mindless blather. bye :grin-devilish::grin-devilish::grin-devilish:

Exactly what I expected from a little kid. Have fun in your ghetto.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for protecting the straight pool history you have all my respect , danny .

and i hope you get a place in the hall of fame for this achievement !!!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I've never seen someone try so hard to appear thoughtful and knowledgable on the internet and come across as a complete sad bitter blubbering idiot. I doubt there's much actual pool in the history.

Sent from the future.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not kept up with this thread, was there ever clarification on what time the pool hall opened to the public and what time John's run started?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, but never any insight on why it matters.

Sent from the future.

Why it matters, are you kidding? I mean common sense says it's not an exhibition if the pool hall is closed until 1pm and the runs starts hours before, or you disagree?

So does anyone actually know what time did the pool hall open to the public, and what time the run started? Was that ever clarified?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why it matters, are you kidding? I mean common sense says it's not an exhibition if the pool hall is closed until 1pm and the runs starts hours before, or you disagree?

So does anyone actually know what time did the pool hall open to the public, and what time the run started? Was that ever clarified?

Why get stuck on exhibition? Call it what you want, he appears to have run 626 balls.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Yes, the run started before the place opened or normally opens.

Would it make a difference to those out to discredit if it was 5 minutes or 3 hours before?

Sent from the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.