Please identify this mystery table

Hipshot

Registered
Just bought this from a guy who acquired it with his house. It’s a 3 piece Italian slate table. From my meager research it either a older Connelly or possibly an olhausen. It’s a veneer oak or walnut table. Seems well made. The 911 sticker gives you the relative size of the missing badge. Here are some pics during the restoration. It’s a 7 Footer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4wXqvbeBYTVRCLfn6

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought this from a guy who acquired it with his house. It’s a 3 piece Italian slate table. From my meager research it either a older Connelly or possibly an olhausen. It’s a veneer oak or walnut table. Seems well made. The 911 sticker gives you the relative size of the missing badge. Here are some pics during the restoration. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

4wXqvbeBYTVRCLfn6
No pics............

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Could be an O'hausen. All these all home table look alike to me. So many are made off-shore.

Looks like it to me. I only recognize it because I had a 9' - they are Oak with Italian slate. They went for about $2,500 street price 9' in the pool table stores, retail was probably $3,000. It was a good table but designed for home use. Huge pockets - over 5". My straight pool ego was through the roof.

Mine came in and was made in the Olhausen factory, think they were in San Diego. This picture he had looks like it had an Olhausen plate - the one with Accu-Fast cushions.

Attachments

• Olhausen Rail.jpg
    Olhausen Rail.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Olhausen plate.jpg
    Olhausen plate.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it to me. I only recognize it because I had a 9' - they are Oak with Italian slate. They went for about $2,500 street price in the pool table stores, retail was probably $3,000. It was a good table but designed for home use. Huge pockets - over 5". My straight pool ego was through the roof.

Mine came in and was made in the Olhausen factory, think they were in San Diego. This picture he had looks like it had an Olhausen plate - the one with Accu-Fast cushions.

Kinda looks like the Reno Veneer Olhausen..

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it to me. I only recognize it because I had a 9' - they are Oak with Italian slate. They went for about $2,500 street price in the pool table stores, retail was probably $3,000. It was a good table but designed for home use. Huge pockets - over 5". My straight pool ego was through the roof.

Yep, I think you nailed it. MBS K-66 profile cushions installed instead of the Accu-fast though.

Hipshot

Registered
Well as much as I’d like to think it’s a olhausen. From what I read all oval olhausen badges Over the years were the same size. 3 7/8 x 1 5/8. Mine unfortunately is 3 7/8 x 1 3/16. So I’ve believe the mystery continues. ��

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once owned an 80s Olhausen and that cabinet that sits on the legs looks exactly like mine did!

Hipshot

Registered
Thank you Tate. I just did. And thank you all for your replies. But I don’t think we quite got it nailed quite yet. Maybe a Connelly?

Hipshot

Registered
Well I had a nice informative conversation with Willie Olhausen I hoped but he cannot identify it either. But it’s not theirs. I’m pretty sure at this point that it’s an import. Oh well unless someone jumps in and can say I have/had that one, I guess it will remain a mystery. Still like it and I don’t have a lot invested. Thank you all for your help. I learned a lot. :shrug:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could always ask Trent the table mechanic, his username here is Trentfromtoledo, super nice guy and he may know. There is the ask the mechanic section here on the forums, and you could ask there as well(if you have not already). There is another guy named Glenn, but I think he got the coronavirus.

forabeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a local trophy shop to custom engrave your own personal nameplate.

Not sure what it would cost but might be a fun project.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You could always ask Trent the table mechanic, his username here is Trentfromtoledo, super nice guy and he may know. There is the ask the mechanic section here on the forums, and you could ask there as well(if you have not already). There is another guy named Glenn, but I think he got the coronavirus.

Thanks for the kind words Snooker! I messaged him back. 99% of the tables I work on are commercial. I have no input other really :(

TFT