SVB's Schon

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been on a long pool break but started watching some old DVDs of SVB matches this week and was reminded that he used to break and play with an old Schon. He is using it in all of the matches from those days, just playing beautifully and breaking the balls like King Kong. Anyone know what model Schon he used? (Because if I can find one...I KNOW I'll play just like that.....don't tread on my dreams)

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been on a long pool break but started watching some old DVDs of SVB matches this week and was reminded that he used to break and play with an old Schon. He is using it in all of the matches from those days, just playing beautifully and breaking the balls like King Kong. Anyone know what model Schon he used? (Because if I can find one...I KNOW I'll play just like that.....don't tread on my dreams)

PROBABLY S T 4 OR SL4 -IF OLDER VERSION R 2
Theres 1 similar on ebay RIGHT NOW

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Back then during the early TAR days, he was at some point using his mom’s Schon with Joss shaft, Triangle tip.

It used to make a horrendous tink sound, but you’d never tell a player that when he’s in action.

Freddie <~~~ *tink*

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back then during the early TAR days, he was at some point using his mom’s Schon with Joss shaft, Triangle tip.

It used to make a horrendous tink sound, but you’d never tell a player that when he’s in action.

Freddie <~~~ *tink*

Thanks, Freddie.

Yeah - I've known some great players to use cues that I felt hit/sounded like total crap - but they worked miracles with them. But what I do I know?

Matt <-- C- Player

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is an R series for sure. His mom started a thread on here awhile back with all of his old cues looking for appraisals. The neatest one was a Joss that his first name inlaid in the forearm. There was also a nice old Palmer. I forget what else.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?478094&p=6190935#post6190935

Yeah, that Joss cue is sick. Those old 80's Josses (Color of Money era) were my JAM back then (I still like them). If I saw a player with one of those back in the day I stopped in my tracks. I saw a great player put a 9 pack together on a big table (for $2500) with an old Joss Sneaky Pete (that he rightfully treated like gold) while breaking with a house cue off the wall. Later on he had fancier equipment...but didn't play quite as good, lol.

macneilb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an old Schon R2 with the stitch rings. If you're interested shoot me a pm. Cheers!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are some of Shanes old cues. The Schon in question is 4th from the right.

IIRC, Justin from TAR said the Schon but with the pencil thin Joss shaft "played like ass". :thumbup:

40348686853_4c13ca3767_z.jpg