TICKY SHOTS You Must Know

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that covers ticky shots, where you hit a ball off a cushion into another ball and back toward the cushion again to achieve a desired result. Check it out:

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy,
Dave

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that covers ticky shots, where you hit a ball off a cushion into another ball and back toward the cushion again to achieve a desired result. Check it out:

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy,
Dave
FYI, here is the Table of Contents with links to each section:

Contents:
- Intro [0:00]
- Examples [0:21]
---- carom ticky [0:29]
---- kiss ticky [0:41]
- Aiming [0:48]
---- natural angle ticky [0:56]
---- tangent line ticky [1:30]
- Advanced Ticky Shots [2:06]
---- break-out ticky [2:09]
---- safety ticky [2:37]
---- double ticky [2:46]
---- follow ticky [3:00]
---- kick ticky [3:23]
---- one-pocket triple ticky [4:11]
---- kick draw bend ticky [4:35]
- Wrap Up [5:03]
---- shot montage [5:25]

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Nice!

It's Ticky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Ticky... it's Ticky (Ticky) Ticky (Ticky)
It's Ticky... T-t-t-ticky (Ticky) Tiiiiiiiiicky

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice!

It's Ticky... it's Ticky (Ticky) Ticky (Ticky)
It's Ticky... T-t-t-ticky (Ticky) Tiiiiiiiiicky
You reminded me of the Slinky song. Now I can't stop singing it in my head.

Regards,
Dave

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Enjoy,
Dave

Amazing shots, half of me wishes I had access to this when I first started playing and the half that likes to eat , is thankful I didn't ! Thanks for great content

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a carom ticky that is a lot like the VEPS nine ball ticky. I learned it about 50 years ago and I think I've made it once. Seems like it could be a pool shot. Slippery equipment helps to get the curve with a great deal of draw.

CropperCapture[122].jpg

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Amazing shots, half of me wishes I had access to this when I first started playing and the half that likes to eat , is thankful I didn't ! Thanks for great content
You're welcome. I do wish I knew when I was younger everything about pool that I know now. I think I could have gotten a lot better much faster. But, like you say, maybe it was better that I was more focused on "higher-priority" things.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a carom ticky that is a lot like the VEPS nine ball ticky. I learned it about 50 years ago and I think I've made it once. Seems like it could be a pool shot. Slippery equipment helps to get the curve with a great deal of draw.

View attachment 559196
Agreed. That 3-cushion-billiard shot is a lot like the VEPS shot in the video. The VEPS shot was really tough on my old table. The cloth wasn't very slick. I'll have to give it a go on my newish Simonis 860HR (maybe with some Silicone Spray also).

Catch you later,
Dave

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Wow! But I'm still digesting your how to B&R 8 ball video.

So many layers to this onion of a game. Makes my head spin. :confused:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow! But I'm still digesting your how to B&R 8 ball video.

So many layers to this onion of a game. Makes my head spin. :confused:
Understood. If you want to stick to more basic stuff (which is probably more important to most people), I recommend the videos and other resources here:

online pool tutorial

Enjoy,
Dave