Mosconi Day 4 Matches in Progress Coverage

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Here are the final stats for Team USA, and they tell the obvious story. Justin Hall had a fine Mosconi Cup, and he was the only team member that did. Shane had a nightmare Mosconi Cup, and today, his position play was bad and his kicking was worse. He's still out best and I'm sure he'll find his best game very soon.

As the Brooklyn Dodgers used to say, "wait until next year."

Attachments

• full mosconi results through match 16.jpg
    full mosconi results through match 16.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 467

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Usually, this is where we start hearing Americans complaining about the rolls. The rolls had nothing to do with this drubbing. Europe outplayed us and I'm giving credit where credit is due.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should we quit or try again next year? Maybe we can persuade Matchroom to change the format!!.................................................. to baseball!!!

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He missed it to the pro side, and we need to consider that he had to play it with inside english to avoid the scratch. No easy shot, neither was the cut back bank. Tough shot to have to play, when the balls aren't running for you.

Edit: His contact on the 9-ball was about 0.25mm too thin, I wouldn't call that a ton on a fine cut with inside english.

A lot of world beaters around here if you haven't noticed.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels Feijen speaks English without an accent. Amazing!

I wish I could speak a second language as fluently as Niels.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usually, this is where we start hearing Americans complaining about the rolls. The rolls had nothing to do with this drubbing. Europe outplayed us and I'm giving credit where credit is due.

Yeah but let them race to 125 and see what happens!!:smile:

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member

1. you have to win more than 1 of 16 lags in short races (although it never truly mattered...how many hill/hill matches were there?) to put pressure on your opponent.
2. we must bring our best players. i don't mind hall/bergman and of course svb but the fact that mike dechaine is not on this team is pure politics and rubbish.
3. shane has to lead by example. this was not his best mosconi cup... in fact i think it will go down as his worst.
4. you have to capitalize on mistakes. this was by far the sloppiest mosconi cup that i have personally watched and the US time and time again could not make their opponent pay

the list goes on...its hard to believe that one group of professionals got out lagged 16 to 1 by another group...it should operate more like a coin flip

all sour feelings aside i had a great time watching these matches and can't wait for next year.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels Feijen speaks English without an accent. Amazing!

I wish I could speak a second language as fluently as Niels.

English is pretty much everyone's second language in the Netherlands. 70% of the signs for businesses are in English. Still i give Neils and everyone else that can speak a second language credit. I took 5 years of Spanish and about all i learned how to say was "Yo no hablo Espanol.

Jrene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FINAL MATCH

Niko 5 Shane 2

the 21th Mosconi Cup stays in Europe one more year

corpse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Losing the lag hurts. How many times did Europe break and run the first game? Being behind in a short race adds to the pressure. Either way Europe played better, congrats to them.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Let's be honest. Europe did not come close to playing their best and still won easily. Not sure what the answer is but we need to figure it out quick. Justin Hall was our only real horse this year in my opinion. I'll root for USA every time, but this was really hard to watch the repeated missed opportunities.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I agree the commentary they have is absolutely horrible. The american guy that is in the booth right now has been awful the whole tournament. I wish they could put Jim Wych in the booth for every match. He is the best they have.

I'm available for next year. Put Matchroom in touch with me. I will know the score and make the commentary interesting. I will get more calls right than wrong.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think next year we hire Phil Michelson as captain and section the USA team into pods, each with their own co-captain. :)

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best pool players in the world should not be playing on 5 inch pockets.

There was some shots hitting the side rail going down and then hitting the other side of the pocket and still going in.

USA would of still been beaten no matter what they played on.

If that match was played on table 1 at running out billiards in Baltimore, Most of these great players would of looked like b players!