Pro Players and Tattoo's

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
Lee Van Corteza has sleeves and that doesn't affect how much I enjoy watching him play.

MDSPHOTO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW. Even though I have no Tats, I have no issue with others having them. I actually find that a well done tattoo or group of tats can be very attractive on men or women.

However, IMHO, unrelated tats placed willy nilly all over the body are not attractive to me, but that's what makes this country great everyone can express themselves in anyway they wish.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
One of the best expressions in this thread and one that I agree with.

JoeyA

FWIW. Even though I have no Tats, I have no issue with others having them. I actually find that a well done tattoo or group of tats can be very attractive on men or women.

However, IMHO, unrelated tats placed willy nilly all over the body are not attractive to me, but that's what makes this country great everyone can express themselves in anyway they wish.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
When I was growing up (in the middle of the last century) I had a great-uncle with numbers tatoo'd on his wrists.

His siblings and parents had tattoos on their wrists too, but they didn't make it out alive.

Hence, tattoos didn't have a good reputation in my family.

I don't have a problem with folks having tattoos; it's your body and you can do as you please with it. But I couldn't do it.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I would love to see this bird take a crap on my windshield, and so would all the rest of you. :smile:

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 459

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
it seems amazing to me that a thread on a pool forum to do with opinions on players having tattoos is closing in on 200 responses.

I could see if this was a clergy or nunnery website.

I was at Walmart a few weeks ago in the checkout line and the lady in front of me was unkempt looking, somewhat obese, clothes just a little dirty, and her hair was light brown and oily pulled straight back into a scrungeed pony tail. I could see lots of dandruff flakes scattered throughout her hair.

As I scanned downward, I saw she was wearing flip-flops and her big toenail had some fungus.

Then, I noticed a small butterfly tattoo on that same leg just above her ankle.

Suddenly, everything else that screamed trashy and yikes :eek: disappeared.

The butterfly tattoo had done it's job.

Do not underestimate the power of the tattoo. :grin-square:

Last edited:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
LOL ... I was telling my wife of 40 years about this expanding thread on tattoos and how some people think them fashionable. I also told her someone brought up a statement that if his wife came home with tattoos he would call her stupid.

My wife said, if I come home with tattoos you better call me a psychiatrist.

I told her they couldn't believe the guy said he'd call his wife that and I said I'd call you the same.

She said when our kids were young they wanted certain toys that were in style. When our granddaughter was young it was the American Girl doll, as the kids got older, all these needed toys sat in a plastic bag in the basement.

She said when these tattooed fashioned statements grow up they will then understand the definition of the word stupid. Some people have to learn the hard way.

It certainly is individual choice, but I thought her insight was interesting enough to post.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Tattoo's traditionally have been a cultural identification and self-expression statement in tribes, prisons, gangs, servicemen, etc. previously dominated by males.

What I find interesting and different about the current tattoo trend is that so many women are getting them. Then there is the general acceptance and the millennial's "no big deal" attitude towards even extensive body art. Although this is arguable, I believe the current trend is a generational fad, no different than other forms of generational rebellion. I predict once it reaches wide acceptance, the rebel aspect will disappear and the interest will wane.

It's happened before. My Italian immigrant grandfather was a tough as nails. He was a cement worker and immigrated with my grandmother to the US during the rise of Mussolini and Fascism in Italy. As a young man, he got a tattoo on his outer bicep - an anchor and chain, as did many of his working class brethren.

At family gatherings, all of us grandchildren wanted to see the tattoo. He told us he always regretted it and wished he never had it. He always warned everyone not to get drunk and get tattooed. He made his point. None of his children or grandchildren got tattoos.

So, just a new form of self-expression that's here to stay, a different canvas for art, or a generational craze? Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I will go out and buy a scanner to post my DD 214. I will do this NOT for you but for Joey A and others I care about on here. Johnnyt

Sounds good, Johnny. I get that you don't like me. Thing is, this stuff goes on a lot (especially since what you are saying about your "military service" sounds completely outlandish.) It's not even remotely close to how the Army operates.

I just hope you're not one of these guys-

http://www.stolenvalor.com/target.cfm?source=link&sort=order

Eric

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Some people don't know that the ICEMAN (not Mika), the original one that they dug out of the ice a few years back, had tattoos on his fingers. Egyptians from thousands of years ago had tattoos also.

The main thing about tattoos that one should consider before getting one is, THEY ARE PERMANENT. No they don't look quite as nice as when they were first inked, especially after 40 years.

I have one, on my shoulder. It reads USMC in red and blue, but you wouldn't recognize the letters and the red ink has almost disappeared altogether.

Ok, here's a question for both sides, should I get it spruced up (re-inked). Maybe that's a better question for those that have had their tats re-done. I wouldn't think of adding anything to it or changing it. But when I am in the gym sweating like a bull moose, I sometimes think about that tattoo and like someone in this thread said, tattoos are about "see me" and that's not really me but I also think that tattoos are an expression and for me the USMC is relatively small and to the point.

When we were getting tattoos just before shipping out to Vietnam, most of my buddies were getting the Marine Corps World and Anchors with daggers and "Death before dishonor" on their forearms. That was just a too bit much for JoeyA but pride in the Corps got me the small one and even though it is blurred with time, I still like it.

When Johnnyt comes through with his DD214 (and he will) maybe we should all post photos of our tats. :D:D:D

JoeyA

Tattoo's traditionally have been a cultural identification and self-expression statement in tribes, prisons, gangs, servicemen, etc. previously dominated by males.

What I find interesting and different about the current tattoo trend is that so many women are getting them. Then there is the general acceptance and the millennial's "no big deal" attitude towards even extensive body art. Although this is arguable, I believe the current trend is a generational fad, no different than other forms of generational rebellion. I predict once it reaches wide acceptance, the rebel aspect will disappear and the interest will wane.

It's happened before. My Italian immigrant grandfather was a tough as nails. He was a cement worker and immigrated with my grandmother to the US during the rise of Mussolini and Fascism in Italy. As a young man, he got a tattoo on his outer bicep - an anchor and chain, as did many of his working class brethren.

At family gatherings, all of us grandchildren wanted to see the tattoo. He told us he always regretted it and wished he never had it. He always warned everyone not to get drunk and get tattooed. He made his point. None of his children or grandchildren got tattoos.

So, just a new form of self-expression that's here to stay, a different canvas for art, or a generational craze? Only time will tell.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Some people don't know that the ICEMAN (not Mika), the original one that they dug out of the ice a few years back, had tattoos on his fingers. Egyptians from thousands of years ago had tattoos also.

The main thing about tattoos that one should consider before getting one is, THEY ARE PERMANENT. No they don't look quite as nice as when they were first inked, especially after 40 years.

I have one, on my shoulder. It reads USMC in red and blue, but you wouldn't recognize the letters and the red ink has almost disappeared altogether.

Ok, here's a question for both sides, should I get it spruced up (re-inked). Maybe that's a better question for those that have had their tats re-done. I wouldn't think of adding anything to it or changing it. But when I am in the gym sweating like a bull moose, I sometimes think about that tattoo and like someone in this thread said, tattoos are about "see me" and that's not really me but I also think that tattoos are an expression and for me the USMC is relatively small and to the point.

When we were getting tattoos just before shipping out to Vietnam, most of my buddies were getting the Marine Corps World and Anchors with daggers and "Death before dishonor" on their forearms. That was just a too bit much for JoeyA but pride in the Corps got me the small one and even though it is blurred with time, I still like it.

When Johnnyt comes through with his DD214 (and he will) maybe we should all post photos of our tats. :D:D:D

JoeyA

You gotta do what you wanna do Joey. If it were I, I'd get a Marine Corp. Tee shirt.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
You're into the stuff on the weird side of the Internet. That's fine, just keep her away from my windshield!

Don't tell me what I am, or am not into, on the internet.
The photo was a sarcastic comment on the veracity of this dumb ass thread.
You, however, weren't smart enough to see it.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't tell me what I am, or am not into, on the internet.
The photo was a sarcastic comment on the veracity of this dumb ass thread.
You, however, weren't smart enough to see it.

Critiques sarcasm recognition, yet fails to recognize sarcasm. Stick to recycling corny bullshit jokes and stories.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This thread has made an impact on me so I am thinking about getting tatoed once again.
Well,what I am thinking on is to tattoo a Hoppe ring somewhere at my body but will certainly have to think where should I put it though:eek::eek::eek:
Any suggestions???

Last edited: