question for dr cue's protege

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
do you think dr cue is proud of you advertising you are his protoge??
just askin....:D

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do you think dr cue is proud of you advertising you are his protoge??
just askin....:D

I believe he would have many good things to say. Dedicated student, eager to learn, always sought my advice, burned the midnight oil to get better, played with my college roommate, etc, etc.

And with the state of AZB nowadays I feel I must add this - I HOPE NOBODY IS GOING TO TRY AND STIR UP CRAP HERE!!!!!

r/DCP

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe he would have many good things to say. Dedicated student, eager to learn, always sought my advice, burned the midnight oil to get better, played with my college roommate, etc, etc.

And with the state of AZB nowadays I feel I must add this - I HOPE NOBODY IS GOING TO TRY AND STIR UP CRAP HERE!!!!!

r/DCP

thanks for the reply
all the traits mentioned above are commendable....:thumbup:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Who is Dr. Cue?

Sounds like a morph of good and evil from Ian Flemming.

Tom Rossman, Dr. Cue, well known trick shot artist, instructor, and player.
Dr. Cue is a very good guy who is nothing like the so-called "protege"

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Tom Rossman, Dr. Cue, well known trick shot artist, instructor, and player.
Dr. Cue is a very good guy who is nothing like the so-called "protege"

Thank you. I assumed it was part of an imaginary screen name.

My apologies to Tom Rossman.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... My apologies to Tom Rossman.
Here is the citation for Tom's induction to the Hall of Fame:

CropperCapture[629].png

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Protege: If Dr. Cue was alive when you created your name, did you do so with Dr. Cue's knowledge? permission? approval?

Further, please fully describe your relationship with Dr. Cue.

FYI, I do not stir shit. As a newbie, I have no axe to grind. I am simply inquiring in order to adduce salient facts before the forum.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Protege: If Dr. Cue was alive when you created your name, did you do so with Dr. Cue's knowledge? permission? approval?

Further, please fully describe your relationship with Dr. Cue.

FYI, I do not stir shit. As a newbie, I have no axe to grind. I am simply inquiring in order to adduce salient facts before the forum.

Its a dang name on a internet forum. Quit making a mountain out of a mole hill!!!

He was my first instructor. His wife grew up 20 miles north of me. He came down to my place five times around Christmas. He got me started with straight stroking, mechanics, pre-shot routine, jump shots, drills. He gave me an outstanding piece of advice about this hobby. It goes as follows:

"If you want to get good at pool you have to work at it. ITS WORK!"

It was his wife that called me back around Labor Day of 2006 to tell me his college roommate that I played with had passed away.

Very few things in this world put a smile on my face but when i found out he was inducted into the HOF that certainly did.

r/DCP

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
There is an intimate relationship that exists between a mentor and a protege -- a "taking under the wing", so to speak. Early on, I saw your name, wondered if Dr. Cue existed because I had never heard of him (trick shots are not my thing), and if Dr. Cue was real, what was the nature of the relationship, if any, because, you know, it was just another screenname.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Hey DCP,

Have you been going out and playing others more? I remember in the past that you didnt do that much... but regular real competition is an integral part of improvement. I remember something about you checking out a local league or something like that.