there is a Centennial on the advertisement
that one could think they were remaking the
Centennial. Who knows now and we will all
find out next year! It is kind of exciting, but,
I would much rather see them focus on what
made their business great: COMMERCIAL
GRADE POOL TABLES.:thumbup:

Trent from Toledo
Diamond owns the commercial market now. Brunswick is done in that arena. Seriously doubt that new owners(whoever they end up being) are going to chase that market anymore.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Diamond owns the commercial market now. Brunswick is done in that arena. Seriously doubt that new owners(whoever they end up being) are going to chase that market anymore.

Just gonna say this: Brunswick created commercial pool.

There are several Chinese table manufacturers tryin to get into the US market. They would not be doing that if they thought anyone had it all tied up....:) I sell both Brunswick, Diamond and have an Imperial account(Rasson Dist.), when they get their product together to an acceptable level, I might sell them as well. The market will dictate that!

We all have our opinions and no one I know of here can predict the future. I see a bright future for pool in the good ole US OF A! Have a nice Sunday :)

Trent from Toledo

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just gonna say this: Brunswick created commercial pool.

There are several Chinese table manufacturers tryin to get into the US market. They would not be doing that if they thought anyone had it all tied up....:) I sell both Brunswick, Diamond and have an Imperial account(Rasson Dist.), when they get their product together to an acceptable level, I might sell them as well. The market will dictate that!

We all have our opinions and no one I know of here can predict the future. I see a bright future for pool in the good ole US OF A! Have a nice Sunday :)

Trent from Toledo
SEVERAL?? Like who? There's Rasson, Yalin(Brunswick), STAR &JOY(Chinese 8b tables) and who else? Other than the low-mid end home stuff what Chinese co. is making inroads into the commercial US pool market? I've searched Chinese table makers quite a bit and yes there are a lot of makers but almost all only deal with the Asian, Australian, European(Dynamic brand) markets. Compared to the Asian market the US market is not even a drop in the bucket.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
SEVERAL?? Like who? There's Rasson, Yalin(Brunswick), STAR &JOY(Chinese 8b tables) and who else? Other than the low-mid end home stuff what Chinese co. is making inroads into the commercial US pool market? I've searched Chinese table makers quite a bit and yes there are a lot of makers but almost all only deal with the Asian, Australian, European(Dynamic brand) markets. Compared to the Asian market the US market is not even a drop in the bucket.

Not here to argue and you named all 3. I stated my opinion(you don't have to like it or agree) and you know what I already sell/ might sell in the future. :) Someone in NPR would love your attention ! Have a great day.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I’ll second that! Best in the Business. Miss him around here.

I have played on his rails and a GC 5 and 6. The modern GC6 has everything it needs. There needs no improvement on how the Superspeed Cushions are mounted because they bank awesome.

Whatever table Brunswick decides to produce,I am sure the rails will be designed from the same specs as the GC6.

As for the pockets, I would like to see Brunswick change their shelf depth to be more like a Diamond and down angle to accommodate the deeper shelf. I am quite sure Brunswick knows what they are doing, they influenced every pool table manufacturer EVER... As I said before, they created commercial pool.

I know this to be a fact in life: Credibility requires proof and true Professionals have no problems providing proof of their work.

RKC is a name in the business that I know of with true credibility( there are others), he will provide publicly any and all info(measurements, angles and how it all works together) on how he changed Diamonds red label to blue so that it would properly accommodate the Artemis Intercontinental 66 Billiard Cushion on their tables. That is proof.

Trent from Toledo

P.s. Some of this is my opinion and some it are total facts.

Last edited:

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I have played on his rails and a GC 5 and 6. The modern GC6 has everything it needs. There needs no improvement on how the Superspeed Cushions are mounted because they bank awesome.

Whatever table Brunswick decides to produce,I am sure the rails will be designed from the same specs as the GC6.

As for the pockets, I would like to see Brunswick change their shelf depth to be more like a Diamond and down angle to accommodate the deeper shelf. I am quite sure Brunswick knows what they are doing, they influenced every pool table manufacturer EVER... As I said before, they created commercial pool.

I know this to be a fact in life: Credibility requires proof and true Professionals have no problems providing proof of their work.

RKC is the a name in the business that I know of with true credibility( there are others), he will provide publicly any and all info(measurements, angles and how it all works together) on how he changed Diamonds red label to blue so that it would properly accommodate the Artemis Intercontinental 66 Billiard Cushion on their tables. That is proof.

Trent from Toledo

P.s. Some of this is my opinion and some it are total facts.

I’ll just keep my mouth shut. I’ll stand by my statement.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Why? This is a place where people share their opinions and facts. I am sure you have some of both. Lets hear what you think ?

Trent from Toledo

Mark's tables are the best playing tables in the world . :cool:
Steve Lomax and Johnny Archer can attest to it.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Mark's tables are the best playing tables in the world . :cool:
Steve Lomax and Johnny Archer can attest to it.

As I mentioned, I have played on a set of GC4 rails he rebuilt in Chicago....

Funny, I was just hanging with Johnny "The Scorpion" Archer in Maine end of September, we spoke about Mark and those words NEVER came out of his mouth. :)

I dont care if Willie Mosconi came back from the dead and said the same thing. Until someone will/can show proof, aka provide facts to support that, my professional opinion will be that the 2 best pool table manufacturers in the world: Brunswick( GC6 ) and Diamond ( Professional & Pro Am), make the best playing tables in the world. :)

Trent from Toledo

Attachments

• 71275264_1127480207462006_2006785462890397696_o.jpg
    71275264_1127480207462006_2006785462890397696_o.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 202

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Why? This is a place where people share their opinions and facts. I am sure you have some of both. Lets hear what you think ?

Trent from Toledo

It's like climbing a mango tree with bee hives and telling them you only want to pick some mangoes. :D

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It's like climbing a mango tree with bee hives and telling them you only want to pick some mangoes. :D

IMO, it comes down to this: no one can actually prove what they are claiming. Proof comes from research and facts, not opinions. When someone tells a customer they would cut off the subrails on a GC4, 5 or 6 to make them play "their way" I say that is a bunch of nonsense and that is because those 3 tables play awesome. Blue label Diamonds play awesome as well, no need to try to improve. Both the top manufacturers have the actual dimensions of how they build their rails. Not "I can't tell you, I have to show you" type of vagueness. This exact topic has been beaten to death on this forum and no one has ever proven anything other than so and so says this or that. Facts win with me, not some second hand info based on someone's opinion.

Trent from Toledo

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
IMO, it comes down to this: no one can actually prove what they are claiming. Proof comes from research and facts, not opinions. When someone tells a customer they would cut off the subrails on a GC4, 5 or 6 to make them play "their way" I say that is a bunch of nonsense and that is because those 3 tables play awesome. Blue label Diamonds play awesome as well, no need to try to improve. Both the top manufacturers have the actual dimensions of how they build their rails. Not "I can't tell you, I have to show you" type of vagueness. This exact topic has been beaten to death on this forum and no one has ever proven anything other than so and so says this or that. Facts win with me, not some second hand info based on someone's opinion.

Trent from Toledo
They shouldn't diamondize GC's then ?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
They shouldn't diamondize GC's then ?

You know you have gone over this a handful of times at LEAST.

Some people like that and there are people who know how to install the Artemis correctly on GC's 1 2 and early 3's. As you know that requires the sub rail angle to be changed. The pockets will never play like a Diamond. Just because the corners are 141 an sides are 102, the down angle is different and the shelf is deeper and that part will never change. RKC says the Artemis will install on the factory GC 4 5 6.

Me personally, I like the Gold Crown, the way it plays and it will always be my favorite table. I also have grown to love playing one pocket on a 9' blue label Diamond. Twistin banks on a Diamond is so nice.

Trent from Toledo

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
That does not bother me. What does is that they most likely have not turned a profit in a very long time, hence, their parent corp selling them off...

The Gold Crown and predecessor tables were what built the company. They abandoned the core of their business and now look at them...

Trent

yeah i know they are a multibillion dollar manufacturer and holdings company.....if brunswick had just stuck to pool and bowling theyd have been bankrupt long ago. They have big hands in fishing/bay boats and reels and such among other things. Remember those old Zebco 33 bait casters....guess who made dem reels :)

Sucks for pool but its not like they did something dumb, like stick to dying trends....its a company they shouldn't run it into the ground even if it means moving away from their origins.

thats life.....at least we got the wonderful things we did...lots of history.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

Is this some kind of joke or trap?

I told you a couple weeks ago you're wrong about your opinion and that opinions don't mean fact. You were like 'I'm right because it's my opinion'. You left me bad rep for it.

I won't argue with you about the quality of Brunswick and Diamond. And I think you're right, Diamond doesn't have the market wrapped up. We can see that from Mosconi Cup last year and that table with buckets for pockets. I hope this year they're back on a Diamond or Brunswick.

If they are already planning an anniversary table, then why have the contest? Are there gonna be two anniversary tables? I would think someone could produce a design they would want to use.

I'm a bit of an artist, I think I'll give it a whirl. Already have some ideas kicking around. Nothing to lose.