Discovered One Pocket shot by accident playing 9 ball

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Load it with right english....it helps the cut-induced spin.
...most times that it goes, especially on a Diamond, the ball catches a bit of the point.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Huh..I discovered one pocket because of all that shit my wife and kids would store in top of the gold crown.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUuCXqtv6Yg&feature=youtu.be

I was trying to kick-cut this ball in playing the 9 ball ghost today, and it banked by the opposite hole. I thought to myself wow, that's a good one pocket shot. I then set it up a bunch of times and from a bunch of angles, and it is quite reliable it seems.

Is this a common shot in one pocket? It was definitely new to me!

Ive never tried this one at that shallow angle! Thanks got a match tomorrow!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now practice to make it.

I rarely play 1 hole. I have used this shot when the pocket is blocked in both 9 ball and 8 ball.

I love banks. :wink:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think that is a good option from that position. The OB will go up off the bottom rail most of the time and then you sell out the cut bank to your opponent.

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was trying to kick-cut this ball in playing the 9 ball ghost today, and it banked by the opposite hole. I thought to myself wow, that's a good one pocket shot. I then set it up a bunch of times and from a bunch of angles, and it is quite reliable it seems.

Efren has played that shot a few times and followed the cue off the long rail into the stack. I always rattle it and leave it in their pocket.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is why Efren said he watches bad players.
He can learn from their misses:wink:

We were playing a league match where my teammate asked to have a shot observed for a dbl hit.
Cueball was almost on the rail,a inch from the object ball. Shot was straight in. Opponent jacked up and got a "masse" miscue! Object ball went deadcenter,whitey danced out clean leaving shape on the last ball.
Teammate exclaimed "makes me want to puke".

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

iutbr, no it's not normally shot cuz the three downsides to the shot (object ball catching the opponents pocket points and selling out - object ball leaving your opponent a cross-corner bank - scratching in the top corner pocket ) out weigh the upside......however, your shot is a very common shot in one pocket when the object ball is sitting loosely in the jaws of your opponents pocket - in that instance there is no better alternative shot.

- Ghost

Last edited:

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket

Yes this is what I consider an advanced one pocket shot, but I shoot it w straight top. Watch the scratch in top corner use speed to keep from scratching. Good players haven't seen it sometimes, but I think most savvy ones have.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think that is a good option from that position. The OB will go up off the bottom rail most of the time and then you sell out the cut bank to your opponent.

Yeah true. I was just practicing the shot though.... maybe with a certain table layout it would not be a sellout bank.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iutbr, no it's not normally shot cuz the three downsides to the shot (object ball catching the opponents pocket points and selling out - object ball leaving your opponent a cross-corner bank - scratching in the top corner pocket ) out weigh the upside......however, your shot is a very common shot in one pocket when the object ball is sitting loosely in the jaws of your opponents pocket - in that instance there is no better alternative shot.

- Ghost

Party pooper! ha ha. Thank you for the expert feedback:)

Los Gatos Taki

Registered
This is a common shot in one pocket. Been around for quite awhile. You can or do not have to use english to make this shot as contact induced spin can work Try hitting the object ball as close to the corner tip where the long rail meets the pocket. If the corner tip is smooth in shape, it will also help send the object ball back towards the pocket. If the corner tip is uneven,as when poorly shimmed, or not properly covered, this can be difficult. This shot can be done from a straighter angle also..