Alex Pagulayan vs Eklent Kaci Action Match July 27-29th...Who do you guys like ?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who do you guys like in this one ?

Hall of Fame inductee The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs The Young Gun Sensation from Albania Eklent Kaci.

Live from Griff's Bar & Billiards in Las Vegas July 27th-28th-29th

The are playing a $20,000 US Open 9 Ball Rules Action Match

Races to 21 best 3 out of 5 sets gets the cheese.

ONE Race on the 27th.... Two Races on the 28th and if needed Two Races on the 29th

67221840_2277883188967140_8333637113010454528_n.jpg

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love these action matches

A great game in LasVegas at griffs should provide fun
for us all

I like Alex to win,but then again I never was good at
choosing winners

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think it will be very close. This is not the Alex of old, and Kaci has become of the game's true stars.

My pick is Kaci, but I think he'll win just barely 3 sets to 2.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it will be very close. This is not the Alex of old, and Kaci has become of the game's true stars.

My pick is Kaci, but I think he'll win just barely 3 sets to 2.
This might not the Alex of old

This is the NEW Alex, glasses and all :groucho:

This is going to be a very close match imo

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this on the 4.25" pocket diamond there?

It'll be a close match. I would've thought more than 10K per player for a best of 5 set. But cant wait for this match.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It'll be a close match. I would've thought more than 10K per player for a best of 5 set. But cant wait for this match.
PoolActionTV is going to have an action table set up at Griffs and stream all the action for 9 days in a row with Alex vs Kaci at the end.

Should be lot of great matches with all the worlds best players in town all week.

Last edited:

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll root for Alex, but if he makes any mistakes, it will surely cost him. Kaci isn't one you want to miss against.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will there be a shot clock ?

I expect this will be unwatch-ably slow for me.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love, love, love me some Klenti Kaci, but Alex will win this one.

Of course, if I was there on-site, I'd have a better inside knowledge. Las Vegas has a way of transforming champion pool players into weaklings due to the 24/7 distractions. When competing in pool, especially an endurance match, each player must bring their A game and not suffer from staying up all night long doing what people do sometimes when they're in Vegas staying up all night long. You all know what I mean, I'm sure. :grin-square:

Both players can win, but if they bring their A game, I like Alex. If Alex is up all night playing poker, I like Klenti.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will there be a shot clock ?

I expect this will be unwatch-ably slow for me.

Glad you said it. Alex is a pretty slow player, but doesn't seem to get much flack for it as much as other slow players. Probably because he's not as slow, and he's usually the fan favorite.

Obviously the real slow player in this match up is Kaci.

I haven't seen too many action matches with shot clocks.

If the sets stay close (within 4 games), I wouldn't be surprised to see a race to 21 take close to 5 hours.

I agree it'll be unwatchable, but for those that don't mind, they should get their monies worth.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Hanna, you always outdo yourself with these posters. I love them. They really add some fun to everything you're involved in. Thanks! :cool:

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad you said it. Alex is a pretty slow player, but doesn't seem to get much flack for it as much as other slow players. Probably because he's not as slow, and he's usually the fan favorite.

Obviously the real slow player in this match up is Kaci.

I haven't seen too many action matches with shot clocks.

If the sets stay close (within 4 games), I wouldn't be surprised to see a race to 21 take close to 5 hours.

I agree it'll be unwatchable, but for those that don't mind, they should get their monies worth.

I dont find Alex that slow. I think he just seems slow because he is so composed.
I have seen Kaci unbearably slow once or twice - but that was a while ago . recently he seems ok. It didn't take him that long to beat Corey 7-0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qli8xUtQWc
43 minutes...6 minutes a game.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex was on the action table at Griff's all this morning practicing.

His big action match with Kaci starts this Saturday :eek:

The Lion plays Dynamite Darren Appleton in The 1st round of The World 10 Ball today 5pm Vegas time on CSI live stream table on Youtube

Attachments

• alex Big Dog 2019 j.jpg
    alex Big Dog 2019 j.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 504

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex was on the action table at Griff's all this morning practicing.

His big action match with Kaci starts this Saturday :eek:

The Lion plays Dynamite Darren Appleton in The 1st round of The World 10 Ball today 5pm Vegas time on CSI live stream table on Youtube

That is great to hear! I like Alex, then, for the win.

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't really been following the long set/race gambling scene much these past few years. There is just a lot more of them and the time I have to spend watching them has decreased.

Has Kaci played in many of these? If so, who has he matched up against and what were the outcomes? AtLarge? :D

Also, Alex has been mostly been playing long set one pocket money matches, from what I have noticed. I think his game has dipped just enough to allow Kaci to win in a rotation match against the Lion, but it will be damn close.

-Ben