Joe Rogan talks Balabushkas and Sugartrees

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
How can you have seen TCOM and not even know The Hustler existed?

Probably not all that uncommon...and yes, the guy has no sense of when to speak and when to STFU.

Sent from the future.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Joe Rogan anyway? I saw him do an impression of Strickland which was really funny. He kind of knows what he is talking about in this clip and kind of doesn't, too.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Who is Joe Rogan anyway? I saw him do an impression of Strickland which was really funny. He kind of knows what he is talking about in this clip and kind of doesn't, too.

He's actually a decent player. Used to see him play at Hollywood Billiards.
He played a lot when he was growing up , he said.
Max Eberle gave him lessons.
He has a Diamond table at home.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Joe mentions Eric often on his podcasts. Wish he would have him on sometime. Both are really big on craftsmanship and nature conservation. I think it would be interesting to non pool players as well as pool players.

Larry

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I've seen a video of his podcast where he has or had an extremely nice early ball return Gold Crown in his studio.

There was also a short write up on Cuezilla years ago about a one off Cognoscenti he owned too. Tommy D.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching TCOM without having seen The Hustler is like listening to Paul McCartney and Wings without having heard The Beatles.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching TCOM without having seen The Hustler is like listening to Paul McCartney and Wings without having heard The Beatles.

I agree. But it’s understandable if a non pool player doesn’t realize that it’s a sequel. It was a long time between movies.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’ve never seen the hustler, nor the color of money. But I have watched a joe rogan podcast where he talks with a guy that’s investigating scientology so it all ties in somehow. Joe rogan is a badass.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve never seen the hustler, nor the color of money. But I have watched a joe rogan podcast where he talks with a guy that’s investigating scientology so it all ties in somehow. Joe rogan is a badass.
WTF does The Hustler and TCOM have to do with Scientology???????? You really haven't seen either movie?? And you do play pool, right? Wow. Go rent or stream them soon.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Well only the color of money, being a Tom cruise thing. Scientology’s golden boy. I did see a YouTube video posted on here recently of him in that movie, twirling his cue and shooting shots but I’ve been meaning to watch both movies for a while now. I have a very hard time watching old movies for some reason. I’m a late bloomer in the pool world. 4 years ago at 28 I played some at a July 4th party and had so much fun I bought a cue and a beat up old table and set to it.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

joe also does commentary for the ufc
and is a life long martial artist, a certified badass you dont want to mess with
has a spinning head kick ko on vid as a teen on youtube
ufc champ gsp brought him in to help his technique on spinning back kicks as gsp has said on rogans podcast joe has the most powerful spinning back kick hes ever seen

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's actually a decent player. Used to see him play at Hollywood Billiards.
He played a lot when he was growing up , he said.
Max Eberle gave him lessons.
He has a Diamond table at home.
What do you clock him at???

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
There is a Joe Rogan podcast from a few years ago that features for TAR proprietor Justin Collett (sp?) known on here as JCIN. They obviously talked about pool and cues and quite a few other things. I think that was before Joe's podcast really took off into what it is now with millions of downloads and views on youtube.