Billiards

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there one pocket leagues in the USA just curious thanks.
I hope not. 8ball league is slow enough already. ;) Seriously i just don't see how you could do it and get it done in any reasonable amount of time.

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Start one and run it for a season. Get back with us.

glib, I mean gar
I'm not saying you're wrong it would take time..I'm sure it would
I am saying that I've never played in a 1hole league and would be glad to try it
just because you don't see it
doesn't mean it couldn't be done

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What strange answers....

There is a one pocket league in this area. It is handicapped. I believe the format is round robin with the players arranging their own scheduling. It seems to be fairly popular or was before the 'rona.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What strange answers....

There is a one pocket league in this area. It is handicapped. I believe the format is round robin with the players arranging their own scheduling. It seems to be fairly popular or was before the 'rona.
My home spot did in-house 1p tournaments like this. Person-person scheduling is the only way to go. We quit because people still took forever to hook-up and play a match. Put a 30day time-limit on it and it might work.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
What strange answers....

I ran one like that several years ago. Good turnout and everybody enjoyed it.

pj
chgo

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Enstranged

What strange answers....

I'm surprised Bob, that you seem surprised.

I've started a few Threads, only to get such ''deviating'' answers, I deleted the thread Just for that reason. Strange....

In the internet world of today, too many.....it's normal behavior to respond in such a way to gain ????????

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
There used to be one at Griffith Billiards, Griffith, Indiana.
16 people, handicapped. Monday nights.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think FargoRate books it, so...
would it go faster with no numbers on the balls?

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
We had a 1P league at the Billiard Room at U of M, a couple years before it closed. It was handicapped.

Biggest problem was getting more than 8 people to play. Lot of fun.

I miss it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there one pocket leagues in the USA just curious thanks.

USAPL in my area had both 1 pocket and 14.1 sanctioned leagues, neither lasted more than a couple of sessions. As much as people try to get leagues and local tournaments to different games, if it's not 8 ball, 9 ball and to some extent 10 ball, it's not going to last.