Interest in Numberless Pool Set"

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am i missing something here??? WHY do you want numberless balls??

Gotta admit, that was my first thought too!

Just to prove to the whole world that you can identify the ball without looking at the number? I’m not impressed…

shink303

Registered
Gotta admit, that was my first thought too!

Just to prove to the whole world that you can identify the ball without looking at the number? I’m not impressed…

For me it's more for a minimalist look. And also i've never seen a true numberless set in my life so curious how it would look.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both Thumbs Down On This.....Even For Raschig.

If I am shooting pool alone and don’t care about anything but running the table, numberless is okay.
But actually playing a game against an opponent instead of myself, get the _uck outta here...R U nuts?
Come on, I’ve been playing pool for 60 years and in actual competition, you better have numbers on balls.

I guarantee you that wrong balls will get shot at unintentionally so the game will become slower just from
confirming for your next shot which you will be looking around for on the table instead of just instantly
spotting it. Position play has been built around knowing where the future shots are so if you play 8 ball, it
is easier than straight pool or 10 ball and even nine ball. Nope, I’m sure there will be some people that are
interested for novelty but if this had any real merit, you wouldn’t have to scramble to find 49 other orders
that want numberless pool balls. Why? Because manufacturers of pool balls would be offering them now.
IMO, it would be more distracting than helpful and besides, I don’ t really like the design with only stripes.

Matt B.

shink303

Registered
If I am shooting pool alone and don’t care about anything but running the table, numberless is okay.
But actually playing a game against an opponent instead of myself, get the _uck outta here...R U nuts?
Come on, I’ve been playing pool for 60 years and in actual competition, you better have numbers on balls.

I guarantee you that wrong balls will get shot at unintentionally so the game will become slower just from
confirming for your next shot which you will be looking around for on the table instead of just instantly
spotting it. Position play has been built around knowing where the future shots are so if you play 8 ball, it
is easier than straight pool or 10 ball and even nine ball. Nope, I’m sure there will be some people that are
interested for novelty but if this had any real merit, you wouldn’t have to scramble to find 49 other orders
that want numberless pool balls. Why? Because manufacturers of pool balls would be offering them now.
IMO, it would be more distracting than helpful and besides, I don’ t really like the design with only stripes.

Matt B.

I can understand a beginner not knowing what colors corresponds to what number, but a seasoned player will know what ball is what. Also, i'm not sure what do you mean by "wrong balls will get shot at unintentionally"? Can you explain? Honestly curious.