Youtube comment insidepoolmag?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not complaining I was asking questions. Complaining is saying stuff like I hate this or OMG this looks stupid or this is "cringle" or I could not make it through 2 minutes the pool table is crap.

As I said I was asking questions.

This video has a ball counter at the bottom of the screen why don't they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVF9LaCdHrM

If I had a pro at my pool hall or wherever I would make sure the cloth or table or whatever was the best I could have. And depending on the cloth or table or whatever I might say I would not play on it if I was a pro.

I believe you guys have said that the wear can effect play. So in my mind its the same as a basketball player using a underinflated ball. Or a bowler bowling on a non-oiled lane. etc. Am I wrong in that the cloth effects play? At the very least it looks crappy. But if it is just cosmetic I could let it go.

Also the clicking sound continues throughout the video.

Also also I realize these are different tournaments. Not really sure what the difference is. Could someone explain? Is it really that hard to make money in pool that shane van boening has to play every tournament at every pool hall?

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is surviving because people love the game. They will do anything to keep it going. Most of the streams you see are one man operations because a guy loves pool and knows a little about computers and cameras. Its simply too much work to do everything and make it look professional. Its just the way it is.

If you do want professional, search Mosconi Cup on Youtube. That is the pinnacle of pool production. Nothing else is close.

Next in line is Accu-Stats. They are paid DVD's / Paid livestream. You can go to their website and also get a subscription to watch a bunch of their matches on Venmo. They did put some matches on YouTube for free due to the Corona, but I think they might be some older ones. Still good, but probably not in HD and not as good production quality as thier current stuff.

Most of the stuff you will see for free on YouTube is the single man streaming crews. While still decent, its only one person, and they can only do so much.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... If you do want professional, search Mosconi Cup on Youtube. That is the pinnacle of pool production. Nothing else is close. ....
Or sign up on https://matchroom.live/home for official videos from Matchroom. It's free. And they are starting to do some live streaming. They have all of the Mosconi Cups from 2018 and 2019 and a little bit from before. There are also several other pool events they run as well as snooker.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
And so far as I know, the current owners of InsidePoolMag have no connection to the magazine that used to be published, so it is unfair to tar them with that brush.

That is news to me and I guess I'm the one with the "tar brush" that you are referring to. It sounds like you would agree with my assessment if the owners had not changed ... correct? If Inside Pool Magazine had such a bad rep and they did, why would the new owners keep the name. Normally you keep the name of a purchased business due to the good will and positive rep the name brings. That name only carries a big, fat negative in my book.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with them...stop complaining . It was free.

So I am curious how good of a reputation does insidepoolmag have? I just got told to stop complaining by them on their youtube channel.

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBHDA9M2J1Q&lc=Ugz1UEJnn7OtlmvGbFF4AaABAg.999cmeoATIM99CR07xUix7

Here is what I asked and what they commented

jaime munoz
1 day ago
What is that annoying clicking sound? Why are you playing on such an old used table? Why is there no ball counter on the bottom of the screen? So we know what balls have been made and what balls need to be made.

InsidePOOLmag
Highlighted reply
InsidePOOLmag
19 minutes ago
it's called REALITY filming . We show up at the tournament and stream the pool room owner has the responsibility to cover the table or not. Stop complaining about a free video .

Anywho just curious is this standard practice? Do these people have a good reputation?

Thanks

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not complaining I was asking questions. Complaining is saying stuff like I hate this or OMG this looks stupid or this is "cringle" or I could not make it through 2 minutes the pool table is crap.

As I said I was asking questions.

This video has a ball counter at the bottom of the screen why don't they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVF9LaCdHrM

If I had a pro at my pool hall or wherever I would make sure the cloth or table or whatever was the best I could have. And depending on the cloth or table or whatever I might say I would not play on it if I was a pro.

I believe you guys have said that the wear can effect play. So in my mind its the same as a basketball player using a underinflated ball. Or a bowler bowling on a non-oiled lane. etc. Am I wrong in that the cloth effects play? At the very least it looks crappy. But if it is just cosmetic I could let it go.

Also the clicking sound continues throughout the video.

Also also I realize these are different tournaments. Not really sure what the difference is. Could someone explain? Is it really that hard to make money in pool that shane van boening has to play every tournament at every pool hall?

You do not understand why things are the way they are. So rather than asking in a sane manner, you went the ‘Karen’ route. Stop complaining about what they’re doing and we’ll stop trashing your whiney butt.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do not understand why things are the way they are. So rather than asking in a sane manner, you went the ‘Karen’ route. Stop complaining about what they’re doing and we’ll stop trashing your whiney butt.

Please enlighten me. How should I have asked my questions? How should I have phrased them?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. Well put. I've got the guy on Ignore and yet his lameness shines thru.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their response wasn’t professional I’ll give you that, but your comment is the type of comment that I would have ignore if I were insidepoolmag.

Now insidepoolmAg has done awesome stuff for pool, their production is not the top notch but it is free and we love watching pool so you either are new to the streaming/watching pool online, or you like to complain.

Again don’t get me wrong, the response was not professional at all, I mean you can see it by the writing, who places a space before the dot there in the end? Haha, anyway again insidepoolmag should have just ignored you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their response wasn’t professional I’ll give you that, but your comment is the type of comment that I would have ignore if I were insidepoolmag.

Now insidepoolmAg has done awesome stuff for pool, their production is not the top notch but it is free and we love watching pool so you either are new to the streaming/watching pool online, or you like to complain.

Again don’t get me wrong, the response was not professional at all, I mean you can see it by the writing, who places a space before the dot there in the end? Haha, anyway again insidepoolmag should have just ignored you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did I say that seemed that I was complaining?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How should I have phrased my questions so I was not complaining?

It's just your inexperience.
When you have watched a bunch of streams from
the outset of online streaming you begin to see that
it is in it's very infancy in the stream you were watching.

These were guys that were working different jobs and
venturing out into the great unknown.

Cameras were garbage, internet connection was awful,
people on commentary have NO experience.

Your complaints are unnecessary because this is just how it was.

Why is the table bad- wtf have you been to a pool hall?
This is just a tournament at a normal hall not some
world class venue.

Clicking noise- you should be happy just to see pool
especially for free.
Options were accu-stats tapes, tapes you recorded on
your vcr, or in person. No cable, no satellite, just a guy
and his dollar store gear. You were happy to get it.

Ball counter- this aint ESPN son.

Like Danny D says," you don't know what you don't know"

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Again, this video and match are 8 years old. InsidePOOL was one of the earliest tournament streamers out there. Today’s great streams did a lot of learning of off InsidePOOL’s (and other’s) efforts.

The OP complained this week on a long forgotten video. I’m sure Alvin was thrilled to see a complaint on a ghost of the past.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea jaime it’s like he said
It’s just your lack of experience
It’s not how you asked really
Just looking for unreasonable things
Makes you unreasonable

That you didn’t complain about alvin
Makes me think you didn’t watch it

It’s three and a half hours long
Did you watch it?

Also from this week is a match of scotch doubles
Where shane shows the room owner
Or the tournament director’s daughter?
How to hit the game winning shot
And she sinks it and goes wild!
It’s really a great sight to see.

I also remember a full table double scratch shot
By morra and pagulayan to start off
One of the games, in the first minute of video
That is really cool and my partner and i did it first try

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about you reply back to insidepool with something like,
"I'm sorry if my last comment came off as disparaging, it's just that my inexperience in billiards combined with my maturity level sometimes gets the better of me. I appreciate all you guys do and have done in the past to advance the sport and look forward to enjoying more of your videos in the future."
That should take solve all your issues and concerns.