New(old) Pool Hall Opens in San Antonio

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Just found out that the old Bananas Billiard on San Pedro re-opened under new ownership. 10 Diamond Pro-Ams. They look like 9 footers! All have Diamond lights as well. I will be checking this out tomorrow. Super Stoked!! :cool::cool::cool:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just found out that the old Bananas Billiard on San Pedro re-opened under new ownership. 10 Diamond Pro-Ams. They look like 9 footers! All have Diamond lights as well. I will be checking this out tomorrow. Super Stoked!! :cool::cool::cool:
Two 9 footers...the rest are 8 footers...

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, sorry.

2x 9" ? No wonder, Pool is dying in the country that thinks it's the pool country.
When we have a "pool hall" in Germany it's all 9ers and maybe throw in 1-3 Snooker tables.
Small bars sometimes do 8ers.

:p

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How far is this place from downtown. I’ve been to San Antonio a couple of times already this year with a few more trips scheduled. I stay at river walk...this place close to there? Thanks

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How far is this place from downtown. I’ve been to San Antonio a couple of times already this year with a few more trips scheduled. I stay at river walk...this place close to there? Thanks
Just north of downtown. FB page has a map.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Old Pappy

My old Pappy used to say, "Son there are some people that would complain if you hung them with a brand new rope".

Good for Bananas new venture.
Even though flying over to Germany to play is quite a possibility for some, there are those of us that have to deal with the terrorist watch list before we can fly commercial. :banghead:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, sorry.

2x 9" ? No wonder, Pool is dying in the country that thinks it's the pool country.
When we have a "pool hall" in Germany it's all 9ers and maybe throw in 1-3 Snooker tables.

Great, we're so glad to hear how things are in Germany. At least you won't have to dodge a bunch of towelhead immigrants in SanAntonio. Lol,sorry, btw. Seriously, these people spent a bunch of time/$$$/sweat getting this place open and all you do is take your shot. Again, we're all just tickled sh^*less how things are in krautland.

Last edited:

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, sorry.

A lot of it is population density and the number of players available to support a pool hall financially. There may not be enough regular players within a reasonable driving distance to support a really large pool room. Western Europe is really pretty dense population wise compared to Texas. Germany has about 3 times the population of Texas and a whole lot less area.

Attachments

• western europe to texas.jpg
    western europe to texas.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 149

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of it is population density and the number of players available to support a pool hall financially. There may not be enough regular players within a reasonable driving distance to support a really large pool room. Western Europe is really pretty dense population wise compared to Texas. Germany has about 3 times the population of Texas and a whole lot less area.
Hey, i didn't think Paris,Tx. was that far west. ;)

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously, these people spent a bunch of time/$$$/sweat getting this place open and all you do is take your shot. Again, we're all just tickled sh^*less how things are in krautland.

Just trolling around a bit for fun, you proud Texans and Americans :D
I'm not dissing the rest of the pool hall or their sweat, but getting 8ers is a dumb move and always has been.
Have maybe 3 or so for the beginners - but other than that get proper tables instead of 3 more and establish a good atmosphere. People will come and stay that way.

No way in hell I would play on a 8.

Cheers,
M