Best place to order Brunswick Superspeed Cushions?

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Purchased a Gold Crown 4 and when it's refelted and setup I'd like to replace the cushions with the Superspeed Cushions.

After MUCH reading here I can sorta conclude that their quality is back to good. But how do you you know when your order a set of Superspeeds, that your receiving a new set that is quality, and not junk that'll harden up in a year.

The prices range from $150 to $225 online. I was hoping one of you fellas might have some insight. Thanks for your time! There is ALOT of good info on this forum.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They had a bad run of them a very long time ago. No need to worry about quality. Buy where you feel comfortable but I would recommend a reputable seller. Never know what you get from eBay these days

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Katipunan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great question

I would like to know myself. I purchased a bad set of Superspeeds a few years ago. Had to redo the cushions with Diamond black a couple of months later.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
They are IN ROUTE to the OP as of today. I always have them on hand or can drop ship to anywhere in the conus. In fact I usually have Simonis , CPBA , GC4 replacement Drops & gully's, gc castings & leveler feet. Any and all types of balls and other odds and inns on hand. I can drop ship from most of my suppliers if I do not have it on hand.

bignick31985, are you planning on doing the cushion installation yourself?

TFT

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I am not sure if I want to tackle the replacement myself. I stripped the cloth and feather strips off the rails yesterday and the rails had 2 facings stacked to make a .25" facing. Looked very professional from what I've seen. Maybe done from the Brunswick factory? The guy said it was a "Tournament Edition GC" but I dont have extensive enough knowledge to be certain of that.

I did order 1/4" facings and a set of 3/8" facings from Classic Billiards that mimic a subrail extension. It may be better to cut the rails off longer? I know the facings are not the same but I really just want the pockets 4 3/8"- 4 1/2". The guy I bought it from said it had 4 1/2" pockets when it was installed and it played lights out. I'm not wanting it to play like a Diamond. In process of saving for one of those.

Fwiw I played on a 4 1/8" blue label the other day and it was awesome. But it was done that way from the factory. I really just want this GC to play the best it can without sinking thousands into it.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
UPS says they are to be delivered tomorrow! Hows that for service??!!

Tournament GC's are not supposed to be shimmed like that. None of the new
T. Edition 5's or 6's I have bought were shimmed.

1/4" 60a durometer is the largest facing I would use. Doin a subrail extension
is not rocket science by any means. I use baltic birch plywood as the extension
and use a Dove tail cut/pull Saw & sander to final shape it.

I understand people using the larger facings in place of replacing the cushions,
but, if you are starting fresh you might as well do the extensions.

Let me know how you are going to proceed! Talk soon

TFT

P.s. I can surely help ya with that new Diamond when it is time !!!

I am not sure if I want to tackle the
replacement myself. I stripped the cloth and feather strips off the rails
yesterday and the rails had 2 facings stacked to make a .25" facing.
Looked very professional from what I've seen. Maybe done from the
Brunswick factory? The guy said it was a "Tournament Edition GC" but
I dont have extensive enough knowledge to be certain of that.

I did order 1/4" facings and a set of 3/8" facings from Classic Billiards
that mimic a subrail extension. It may be better to cut the rails off longer?
I know the facings are not the same but I really just want the pockets
4 3/8"- 4 1/2". The guy I bought it from said it had 4 1/2" pockets when
it was installed and it played lights out. I'm not wanting it to play like a
Diamond. In process of saving for one of those.

Fwiw I played on a 4 1/8" blue label the other day and it was awesome.
But it was done that way from the factory. I really just want this GC to
play the best it can without sinking thousands into it.

Attachments

• e725847354edcf17e19cb1689c1459c45941eab9-1.jpg
    e725847354edcf17e19cb1689c1459c45941eab9-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Ended up sending the rails, castings and cushions to Mark Gregory. Decided on 4.5" pockets. Can't wait to see what he does with them! I was gonna go 4.25" but I've been shooting on a Diamond with 4 1/8" pockets and it can be brutal if you aren't dialed in. So 4.5" it is!

Thanks again TFT for the rails! This site has a ton of good info if you dig in and search.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Ended up sending the rails, castings and cushions to Mark Gregory. Decided on 4.5" pockets. Can't wait to see what he does with them! I was gonna go 4.25" but I've been shooting on a Diamond with 4 1/8" pockets and it can be brutal if you aren't dialed in. So 4.5" it is!

Thanks again TFT for the rails! This site has a ton of good info if you dig in and search.

Great choice, I'm sure you will be more than pleased.