Congrats to Danny Harriman 379 Ball Run Highest Ever on Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I have 10K for not trying to break the record ? I know I can do it but I want to give someone else the chance to do it.

Reading my posts means you consent to my incorrect spelling and poor typing skills.

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Danny.

To maximize the sales there needs to be some controversy over the high run. The Harriman - Schmidt feud (?) is a good one to use. Some creative person needs to think of something else that would spur world wide interest.

Could do a lot for pool with some international news coverage.

Perhaps a TAR match in some other format could get things underway if the animosity could be kept within reason.

People would get to know the players, back story, prior match stats and then one of them would break the record. The inclusion of challengers who have come close or might exceed the others would be interesting. Hell might make a good movie with an international theme.

If Jay is going to put up the ten grand then perhaps he should state the conditions: Table size, pocket size, witness credibility, etc.

This could get interesting.

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the interesting aspects of this type of challenge is that it is not necessary to get the players in the same arena. Any pro willing to take it on and make a name only needs to meet Jay's conditions.

Some one said build the field and they will come. Might work here by laying down the gauntlet. Who really is the best?

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Is there anyone alive that saw Mosconi's run? I am only asking because Louie said to me a couple of times - and this may have just been the jealousy of one pool player over another - that Mosconi actually missed a hanger in the middle of his run and the crowd told him to keep going. I was rather 'green' in my pool knowledge at the time so didn't question him on it further.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Is there anyone alive that saw Mosconi's run? I am only asking because Louie said to me a couple of times - and this may have just been the jealousy of one pool player over another - that Mosconi actually missed a hanger in the middle of his run and the crowd told him to keep going. I was rather 'green' in my pool knowledge at the time so didn't question him on it further.

Which Louie said this?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

good question, are any of those people alive. I never really doubted the record.

JoeyA

Silver Member
The Clock of Life

Congrats on the great run Danny. I do hope one day that Danny and John can bury the hatchet because it would be great to see these guys play and help promote the game of straight pool. Life is short and one day you both might look back on this bitter rivalry as very stupid and small in the big picture.

Excellent point Lenny!

The clock of life is wound but once,
And no man has the power
To tell just when the hands will stop
At late or early hour.

To lose one's wealth is sad indeed,
To lose one's health is more,
To lose one's soul is such a loss
That no man can restore.

The present only is our own,
So Live, Love, toil with a will --
Place no faith in 'Tomorrow' --
For the clock may then be still.

Robert H. Smith

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

Just like as many that said they were at Woodstock, it would fill all of NY twice, if everyone that said they were in that poolroom when Mosconi ran the 526, the room would have to be as big as a football field. Johnnyt

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There was only one Louie, Mr. JoeyA.

Gotta be second hand info....Louis was too young to have seen it.
I knew Russ Maddox and I think he would have mentioned it.
.....or George Rood....I can't picture him not talking about it.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member

Never heard that before, but it's plausible, I guess. It was much easier to get away with embellishing stories in the days before everyone carried a video camera. And 526 is a much cooler story than two 263's back to back.

Congrats to Danny H. for a great run, I'll bet he's got a mile wide grin that won't go away for weeks.

John S., the ball is in your court now.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just like as many that said they were at Woodstock, it would fill all of NY twice, if everyone that said they were in that poolroom when Mosconi ran the 526, the room would have to be as big as a football field. Johnnyt

I was at Woodstock! It rained cats and dogs! :yes:

Attachments

• jm3.jpg
    jm3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 727

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Danny Harriman for a fantastic run! Looking forward to more triumphs! :cool:

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Danny! Seriously good stuff getting a run like that on any equipment and taped too. I can't wait to see it!

Good shooting to you!

Kevin

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Here's the affidavit attesting to the legitimacy of the 526: http://amhistory.si.edu/archives/images/d9744-4.jpg

JoeyA

Silver Member
Gotta be second hand info....Louis was too young to have seen it.
I knew Russ Maddox and I think he would have mentioned it.
.....or George Rood....I can't picture him not talking about it.

That's what I was thinking to.

Status
Not open for further replies.