New cue cabinet

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice, but I think I'd personally leave the cues screwed together and utilize the height of the whole case to display the cues.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Wow, you have made some nice jigs and doo dads before Chuck but this one takes the cake.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
What gauge aluminum is that? I don't see it bowing at all, which is great. I may have to steal your idea for myself :O

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice case. Hey has anyone seen a case where the cues were not vertical? I've been thinking of building one that held the cues more like a Katana (Japanese samurai sword - for those who dont know).

Nice case. Hey has anyone seen a case where the cues were not vertical? I've been thinking of building one that held the cues more like a Katana (Japanese samurai sword - for those who dont know).

No good. Cues must be stored vertical or they will warp over time.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Very nice. You also have a very nice collection of cues to go with it. I am jealous. If you need a place to store the cabinet and cues please contact me, I will send you my address.:grin-square:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Wait; is this true? I heard the other way around... crap.

'Must' is not right. You can store them horizontally if the humidity is well-controlled. I wouldn't store them like katanas though, due to uneven pressure on the wood, helping it bend. If you lay cue butts on a pool table for 40 years, they will not warp unless the humidity is all over the place.

mmedford

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
'Must' is not right. You can store them horizontally if the humidity is well-controlled. I wouldn't store them like katanas though, due to uneven pressure on the wood, helping it bend. If you lay cue butts on a pool table for 40 years, they will not warp unless the humidity is all over the place.

See I keep mine in the cases; laying flat on the floor. The house is kept around 68 degrees..

Do I need to rethink this?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
See I keep mine in the cases; laying flat on the floor. The house is kept around 68 degrees..

Do I need to rethink this?

You should be fine. Standing them up is better, but horizontal storage was advocated for many years.