New Pechauer cracked ferrule

DireMcCain

Registered
Unbelievable...the Pechauer cue was purchased brand new from a local dealer less than ONE WEEK ago. I shot two practice racks to get a feel for the cue...took it out this morning to work on the tip and found that the ferrule was cracked....all the way around.

Hard to understand give the Pechauer rep for quality. Just good marketing?

DireMcCain

Registered
It may be small in the scheme of things but it is 100% of all I know of this cue...besides, I was asking a question. If you have experience and knowledge, you might display that as opposed to an obvious statement.

Thanks

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Call 'em...I'm going just by reputation, but I'd bet they'll give you instructions for sending it back to them for repair or replacement.

If memory serves, they offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner. Sounds as if you qualify.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may be small in the scheme of things but it is 100% of all I know of this cue...besides, I was asking a question. If you have experience and knowledge, you might display that as opposed to an obvious statement.

Thanks

Never seen anyone complain that Pechauer cues have bad quality. In fact they often get recommendations on here.

As the other guy said, your one issue does not make a bad product overall. First step is contact them or your dealer to get things fixed. If the next 2-3 ferrules you have also crack, then you have something to go on.

It's like this "Hey, I just flipped a coin and it came up heads. I even tried it a second time, also got heads. Anyone else had this issue with nickles? Seems all they can get is heads."

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
My only Pechauer is their break cue. Ferrule is fine. But they may use a tougher ferrule on a break cue.

Like I said, contact Pechauer...they'll make it right.

RBC

Deceased
Unbelievable...the Pechauer cue was purchased brand new from a local dealer less than ONE WEEK ago. I shot two practice racks to get a feel for the cue...took it out this morning to work on the tip and found that the ferrule was cracked....all the way around.

That's very unusual, in more ways than one.

First, Pechauer just doesn't have many problems with their cues.

Second though, and probably more interesting, is that you say the crack goes "around". Do you mean it goes around the ferrule, and not up and down lengthwise? If so, I'd have a cue smith take a good look at it. It's rare to see a traditional ferrule crack around the diameter of the cue.

Of course, either way I am absolutely positive that if it is a defect of any kind, Pechauer will take care of it.

Royce

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pechauer is 1st class. They will make it right. That is worth a lot.
Contact them directly and explain.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I agree with the above posts. I have two Pechauers and they are great cues ... top quality. They will make this right for you I am sure.

riedmich

.. dogs' friend ..
Silver Member
I replaced tips at 3 different pechauer shafts, and at all of them the tennon of the ferrule was not in center of the ferrule ( 0,5 - 1,0 mm off center). This is not good!

Don't know if this is standard at pechauer, but it seems they struggle a bit with their quality management ..

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I replaced tips at 3 different pechauer shafts, and at all of them the tennon of the ferrule was not in center of the ferrule ( 0,5 - 1,0 mm off center). This is not good!

Don't know if this is standard at pechauer, but it seems they struggle a bit with their quality management ..
Is so, the ferrules were installed before the shafts were finish turned. They were then turned with the shaft. The ferrules will be concentric to the shaft O.D. but not the tenon. This makes for a problem when replacing the ferrule. I think it speeds up production.
Also though you say you only replaced tips. You don't really know if the ferrule is really off center. If they are threaded on it may appear off center to look at the end but may not be.

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Can you post a picture. You say it goes around the ferrule, this is curious.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member

Thanks

You did ask a question, it was:

Just good marketing?

Directly preceeding that question was the statement:

Hard to understand give the Pechauer rep for quality.

Based on your experience:

Unbelievable...the Pechauer cue was purchased brand new from a local dealer less than ONE
WEEK ago. I shot two practice racks to get a feel for the cue...took it out this morning to work
on the tip and found that the ferrule was cracked....all the way around.

That means you are publicly slamming the reputation of a brand of cues that has been around
for decades based on your experience with 1 cue/ferrule. I was merely pointing out to you that
in order to make such statements you are going to have to be more thoroughly informed then
you currently are.

Let's say you make 1 mistake at whatever it is that you do, does that make you bad at your job?
Would you like someone to post about that 1 mistake publicly on a major forum while bringing into
question your capacity to do what you do or would you prefer they just let you know so you can fix it?

gr. Dave

Last edited:

PC_John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You did ask a question, it was:

Just good marketing?

Directly preceeding that question was the statement:

Hard to understand give the Pechauer rep for quality.

Based on your experience:

Unbelievable...the Pechauer cue was purchased brand new from a local dealer less than ONE
WEEK ago. I shot two practice racks to get a feel for the cue...took it out this morning to work
on the tip and found that the ferrule was cracked....all the way around.

That means you are publicly slamming the reputation of a brand of cues that has been around
for decades based on your experience with 1 cue/ferrule. I was merely pointing out to you that
in order to make such statements you are going to have to be more thoroughly informed then
you currently are.

Let's say you make 1 mistake at whatever it is that you do, does that make you bad at your job?
Would you like someone to post about that 1 mistake publicly on a major forum while bringing into
question your capacity to do what you do or would you prefer they just let you know so you can fix it?

gr. Dave

Green to you sir! Good post.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My first thought was one piece of faulty ferrule material.

That would make you unlucky enuff to be one of approx 20 K or more.

I know that it is disheartening to buy something new and it is defective but in the grand scheme of life, its a one inch piece of material that can easily be replaced, never to bother you again for many years.

If a broken ferrule is the only major problem that you have in life, could I please trade you problems.

If you lived in my city, I would replace it for you for free because that is about what one piece of material is worth plus my time to install it.

One piece of ferrule material is not a direct reflection on the cue itself or the people who made it.

You could buy me a beer after.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I ordered a DEC 1 Pechauer. Without going into details I was not 100% satisfied with the wrap. I was offered a refund or Leather upgrade. I took the upgrade. No shipping or any kind of charge....and oh yeah they did apologize for the inconvenience and mishap. I have 2 Pechs. Would not hesitate to buy another.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My Buddy in Edmonton bought a Pech. He loves it. He calls me Rack Boy. Next time I see him it will probably get worse.