CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Lol. Of course not. :rolleyes:

LMAO...this gets funnier and funnier. Thanks for quoting PJ since I can't see him.

The biggest TROLL since RSB over 22 years and still going strong. Well, maybe not that strong. He did have to go in to have his engine rebuilt recently. :eek:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Spider isn't going to put everybody on ignore then maybe he would consider a standard reply to all posts. He's been saying the following all along. This would just save time:

"I know you are but what am I"?

Just trying to help out.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
CTE is like a New Pair of Shoes, both need time to get use too. Honestly I think the reason some people, do not get CTE is they do not like change, or learning something NEW.

I have play with CTW, I have seen some positive results, but I also understand it take time to adjust to new idea, or techniques.

CTE is a Tool, you do not pick up a Chain Saw the first time you try to make a block of wood into a piece of art. It take time to mast the tool, most artist show off their sucessful projects. No their piles of scrap wood.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You know, you might not have had to say it before and again, if you weren't describing yourself here.

Mike

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're like a woman that has to get the last word in on all threads and posts.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well stated Mr. Cowboy, sir

CTE is like a New Pair of Shoes, both need time to get use too. Honestly I think the reason some people, do not get CTE is they do not like change, or learning something NEW.
I have play with CTE, I have seen some positive results, but I also understand it take time to adjust to new idea, or techniques.
CTE is a Tool, you do not pick up a Chain Saw the first time you try to make a block of wood into a piece of art. It take time to mast the tool, most artist show off their sucessful projects. No their piles of scrap wood.
:thumbup2::thumbup2: especially to those things of yours that I have highlighted in red.
You hear many detractors say..."stroke is the thing, you must work on your stroke, no aiming system will help a poor stroke". (as if that was some gigantic new revelation).
I was ridiculed and jeered at when I stated that CTE STRAIGHTENS OUT THE STROKE. Man oh man, the detractors went bat crazy over that one.
My point was that CTE will not work if the stroke is wonky and goofy....OTHER aiming methods WILL work if the stroke is wonky and goofy.
So, to make CTE work, the student has to force himself to do those boring tasks of shooting up and down the table in an attempt to make the cue ball come back to the tip. FOR HOURS...not just 15 minutes. (the great Eddie Taylor recommended doing that drill for 3 hours a day, to straighten out a stroke). Therefore the stroke gets straightened out because of working at CTE.
**That wasn't the REAL issue from the detractors in the first place...the real issue was in your first paragraph...."we don't like it since we never did it that way and you're just a dumbass, and you're a fool, and you should be run out of the forum and this and that, on and on, ad nauseum"

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
most dont even know how to argue against pro1, they truly dont understand what it is and how it helps players and the end results .... in the end you just see the shot like any very advanced shooter will see it ...

but if you cant read a table or have good cueball control, etc thats the players issue and not the systems...l

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
most dont even know how to argue against pro1, they truly dont understand what it is and how it helps players and the end results .... in the end you just see the shot like any very advanced shooter will see it ...

but if you cant read a table or have good cueball control, etc thats the players issue and not the systems...l

It took me about three years to learn that the best way to argue against any aspect of Pro1 is to simply stop arguing about it.

Sort of like arguing with a teenage daughter or son, at some point you have to accept that the argument is going nowhere. It ends up being a shouting match, a power struggle. And most of the time the arguments are so trivial, so silly, that they're not worth the drama involved. Fact is, some things are worth arguing over, and other things just really aren't important enough to argue over.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It took me about three years to learn that the best way to argue against any aspect of Pro1 is to simply stop arguing about it.
Sort of like arguing with a teenage daughter or son, at some point you have to accept that the argument is going nowhere. It ends up being a shouting match, a power struggle. And most of the time the arguments are so trivial, so silly, that they're not worth the drama involved. Fact is, some things are worth arguing over, and other things just really aren't important enough to argue over.
Except you HAVEN'T stopped arguing about it.
You did it today and you will do it again.
Watch it happen.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Except you HAVEN'T stopped arguing about it.
You did it today and you will do it again.
Watch it happen.

Wrong. Show me where I argued about the system. You can't, because I didn't.

I haven't argued with anyone about any aspect or element of CTE lately, and I plan on keeping it that way. Spider made some rediculous trolling post where he insisted that Gerda Hofstetter, a world champion hall of fame player, won her 1st US tournament in 10 years because of CTE. It's all hype.

I simply pointed out the fact that a few months before she went to Stan she won the European Straight Pool Championship, and even though she struggled for about 9 or 10 years on the women's tour in the US, it was due to being in the shadows of Allison Fisher and Karen Core and a couple of other great players, but Gerda was always in the top few at every event. Champion players don't always win against other champions. That taste of reality set Spider off into attack mode. But I said nothing against CTE, only against the absurdity of his Gerda post. It's as silly as a baseball bat manufacturer, like the Sam Bat company, saying their 2K bat is the reason Barry Bonds broke Hank Aaron's record. It's good publicity, good advertising hype, but Bonds could've been swinging a Marucci bat or a Louisville Slugger and he still would've broken that record. It wasn't the bat that made it possible. And with Gerda it certainly wasn't an aiming system that allowed her to finally place at the top in a US WPBA tournament.

You, my friendly little Low500 or Pete or Joe or whoever, should quit being a sheep. Spider makes a comment and you follow right along without thinking. It's kind of like that old cartoon where the big bad dog has a little sidekick following him around everywhere.....Chester and Spike. "Hey Spike, what do you wanna do now? What do you wanna do now, Spike?"

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't argued with anyone about any aspect or element of CTE lately, and I plan on keeping it that way. Spider made some rediculous trolling post where he insisted that Gerda Hofstetter, a world champion hall of fame player, won her 1st US tournament in 10 years because of CTE. It's all hype.
I simply pointed out the fact that a few months before she went to Stan she won the European Straight Pool Championship, and even though she struggled for about 9 or 10 years on the women's tour in the US, it was due to being in the shadows of Allison Fisher and Karen Core and a couple of other great players, but Gerda was always in the top few at every event. Champion players don't always win against other champions. That taste of reality set Spider off into attack mode. But I said nothing against CTE, only against the absurdity of his Gerda post. It's as silly as a baseball bat manufacturer, like the Sam Bat company, saying their 2K bat is the reason Barry Bonds broke Hank Aaron's record. It's good publicity, good advertising hype, but Bonds could've been swinging a Marucci bat or a Louisville Slugger and he still would've broken that record. It wasn't the bat that made it possible. And with Gerda it certainly wasn't an aiming system that allowed her to finally place at the top in a US WPBA tournament.
You, my friendly little Low500 or Pete or Joe or whoever, should quit being a sheep. Spider makes a comment and you follow right along without thinking. It's kind of like that old cartoon where the big bad dog has a little sidekick following him around everywhere.....Chester and Spike. "Hey Spike, what do you wanna do now? What do you wanna do now, Spike?"
You're doing it now.
I knew you would...you have no willpower.
We all know you're in Dan White's pocket...you always have been and you always will be.
JUST LEAVE IT AND US ALONE.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You're doing it now.
I knew you would...you have no willpower.
We all know you're in Dan White's pocket...you always have been and you always will be.
JUST LEAVE IT AND US ALONE.

Yeah, that's it. Your level of reasoning is astounding, really top notch. :thumbup:

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i'm curious, do you have an issue with pro1 the system or is it just the online users

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Sure I can. It's in the paragraph right below.

I haven't argued with anyone about any aspect or element of CTE lately, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Arguing is one thing, but making veiled negative comments or outright wrong statements is another thing. It brings out the argument from the other side while you sit back innocently after saying your peace.

Spider made some rediculous trolling post where he insisted that Gerda Hofstetter, a world champion hall of fame player, won her 1st US tournament in 10 years because of CTE. It's all hype.

There you go with the trolling post claim. There was nothing trolling at all, it was a FACT. And CTE wasn't the only thing she worked on which I clearly stated in the post. It was one part of FOUR facets of the game. IT INCLUDED: We divided our three days of time between PRO ONE, stroke, banking, and kicking. ALL of it came together as a WHOLE.

YOU ARE THE ONE CLAIMING IT WAS CTE THAT DID IT AND I WAS THE ONE WHO SAID IT. NOPE!!! ONE MORE TIME...IT WAS PRO ONE, STROKE, BANKING, AND KICKING!

Lets see one of your non-hostile/hostile statements one more time to make sure you and everyone can see it for themselves. Lay it on us.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
i'm curious, do you have an issue with pro1 the system or is it just the online users

I don't have an issue with the system or its users. In the past I have questioned certain aspects and "explanations" of the system, and that questioning got me inducted into Spider's FAB5 group. I know there are many more than 5 who question certain things about the system. Just as I know there are more than the 4 or 5 CTE users here in the forum using and benefiting from the system. There are millions pool players in the world, and only a tiny portion come to AZ Billiards. I wish more did. Even with all the childish bickering in many threads, I think it's a great resource for pool players. The majority of players who visit the forums don't post comments - they just read.

I don't question or arguing about the system anymore. Anyone with questions should be able to figure it out by simply taking a straight in shot, which is a 15 outside, and working backward from there using a manual pivot. You can also do a 15 inside and compare that to your 30 outside, which should give the same solution. If so, your're doing it right. These two methods will shed a lot of light on the system for anyone with questions. If not, buy Stan's book when it comes out.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
There you go with the trolling post claim. There was nothing trolling at all, it was a FACT. And CTE wasn't the only thing she worked on which I clearly stated in the post. It was one part of FOUR facets of the game. IT INCLUDED: We divided our three days of time between PRO ONE, stroke, banking, and kicking. ALL of it came together as a WHOLE.

YOU ARE THE ONE CLAIMING IT WAS CTE THAT DID IT AND I WAS THE ONE WHO SAID IT. NOPE!!! ONE MORE TIME...IT WAS PRO ONE, STROKE, BANKING, AND KICKING!

Lets see one of your non-hostile/hostile statements one more time to make sure you and everyone can see it for themselves. Lay it on us.

I believe Stan's work with her on any stroke related issues probably provided more benefit than 3 days of Pro1 training and a few diagrams and phone calls. Nobody drops a lifetime of aiming a certain way, especially right after winning a 14.1 championship, a game that surely involves aiming. :rolleyes:

Like I've said before, the system does have a built in psr, a way of approaching each shot consistently. But what a player does from then on is really a matter of experience and development. You can believe what you want, and I'm fine with that. It doesn't make me mad or send me over the edge. I really don't care because it doesn't affect me. But I don't believe a lifelong champion player who uses ghostball or contact points would scrap that aiming technique so quickly, especially after winning a major tournament. And you can't stand that I believe that way. It eats you up. My belief really shouldn't be that important to you, not to the point where you go off into attack mode.

Seriously, this is a great book... https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-2-0-Travis-Bradberry/dp/0974320625

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Stan's work with her on any stroke related issues probably provided more benefit than 3 days of Pro1 training and a few diagrams and phone calls. Nobody drops a lifetime of aiming a certain way, especially right after winning a 14.1 championship, a game that surely involves aiming. :rolleyes:

Like I've said before, the system does have a built in psr, a way of approaching each shot consistently. But what a player does from then on is really a matter of experience and development. You can believe what you want, and I'm fine with that. It doesn't make me mad or send me over the edge. I really don't care because it doesn't affect me. But I don't believe a lifelong champion player who uses ghostball or contact points would scrap that aiming technique so quickly, especially after winning a major tournament. And you can't stand that I believe that way. It eats you up. My belief really shouldn't be that important to you, not to the point where you go off into attack mode.

Seriously, this is a great book... https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-2-0-Travis-Bradberry/dp/0974320625

I have taken lessons from three world champions.

But it would be insane for any of those guys to claim that I was now a devotee of their approach to the game based upon my time with them. Did I learn things from each of them? Yes, of course. Stuff I still use to this day.

But like every other player on Earth, I pick and choose what to incorporate into my game based upon my years of personal experience: what I've learned from practice, playing matches and tournaments, observing other players, and reading numerous books.

So Player A or B or C spends time with Stan. Now, suddenly, magically, CTE is responsible for their success. They are "honored" on rosters that list them as apostles of an aiming system by CTE acolytes looking to validate the system.

Sorry, but that's not the way it works in real life.

Lou Figueroa

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I have taken lessons from three world champions.

But it would be insane for any of those guys to claim that I was now a devotee of their approach to the game based upon my time with them. Did I learn things from each of them? Yes, of course. Stuff I still use to this day.

But like every other player on Earth, I pick and choose what to incorporate into my game based upon my years of personal experience: what I've learned from practice, playing matches and tournaments, observing other players, and reading numerous books.

So Player A or B or C spends time with Stan. Now, suddenly, magically, CTE is responsible for their success. They are "honored" on rosters that list them as apostles of an aiming system by CTE acolytes looking to validate the system.

Sorry, but that's not the way it works in real life.

Lou Figueroa

Exactly my point. And as I've said, Gerda Hofstetter probably did get some excellent help from Stan that contributed to her winning that long-awaited WPBA 9ball tournament back then. But I don't believe she changed her actual aiming method one bit.

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly my point. And as I've said, Gerda Hofstetter probably did get some excellent help from Stan that contributed to her winning that long-awaited WPBA 9ball tournament back then. But I don't believe she changed her actual aiming method one bit.

its very posible she used a part of pro1 to help tweak her own aiming method... she added to her own personal system/method