To the pro's that post on AZB - a heartfelt THANKS

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I'm not sure if any of us have really thought about how lucky we are as a group to have people like Blackjack, John Schmidt, Keith McCready, Danny Harriman, Jay Helfert, Larry Nevel, and countless others I haven't mentioned posting on this board.

I don't think many other sports share this same access to their elite athletes as we enjoy here. I don't see Michael Jordan frequenting forums on basketball. Haven't seen Tiger's name popping up on Golf Digest's forum. We are so fortunate to have these people on our board. So, how do we thank them? A few schmucks pee in the pool so that we all have to suffer.

To all the dicks -if you feel the need to get your rocks off by slamming a pro, got get $100 from the ATM and see a hooker. If you want to post something to slam a pro, do it with your own name in plain view. We know who they are, so they should enjoy the same courtesy.

So, to all the pro players, a heartfelt thank you for everything you've done to contribute to this board. It IS a better place because of your contributions, and do not let a couple "pissers" ruin it for the rest of us. We want all of you on here.

mongoose-

Banned
Shawn Armstrong said:
I'm not sure if any of us have really thought about how lucky we are as a group to have people like Blackjack, John Schmidt, Keith McCready, Danny Harriman, Jay Helfert, Larry Nevel, and countless others I haven't mentioned posting on this board.

I don't think many other sports share this same access to their elite athletes as we enjoy here. I don't see Michael Jordan frequenting forums on basketball. Haven't seen Tiger's name popping up on Golf Digest's forum. We are so fortunate to have these people on our board. So, how do we thank them? A few schmucks pee in the pool so that we all have to suffer.

To all the dicks -if you feel the need to get your rocks off by slamming a pro, got get $100 from the ATM and see a hooker. If you want to post something to slam a pro, do it with your own name in plain view. We know who they are, so they should enjoy the same courtesy.

So, to all the pro players, a heartfelt thank you for everything you've done to contribute to this board. It IS a better place because of your contributions, and do not let a couple "pissers" ruin it for the rest of us. We want all of you on here.

Well said Shawn.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
We've had 100's of them post on here over the years only to be run off from some *sshole that couldn't carry their case if they got the orange crush and all the rolls.

I have never seen or heard of any of them causing trouble, they just want info like us, get some PR, and hear what the fans think. It's a shame, as we could have 100's of pro's on here right now with all the that knollege to share. Johnnyt

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
We've had 100's of them post on here over the years only to be run off from some *sshole that couldn't carry their case if they got the orange crush and all the rolls.

I have never seen or heard of any of them causing trouble, they just want info like us, get some PR, and hear what the fans think. It's a shame, as we could have 100's of pro's on here right now with all the that knollege to share. Johnnyt

Tap Tap and a'nuther Tap.

I really appreaciate the input from the pros and shortstops and road player and... well hell.. from everybody!!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I haven't been on AZ for all that long but I sure get a kick out of knowing that if I wanted to I could have a conversation with many people that have made it to the top of a game that I have practiced all my life at. It drives me nuts when some of us here forget the golden rule. Not only do we need to keep the good guys on this board we need to entice more who lurk or are just unaware of this site.:)

FastMikie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent post, Shawn.

Thank you for taking the time to demonstrate the power of positive action.

Namaste'

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
I would personally like to thank Travis trotter. He has made me the player i am today. So thank you travis.

:)

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:

What is blackjacks name? Is he a professional player?

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddy B. and Grady M. too. These guys are old school and have a vast knowledge of pool history in the U.S. IMO they should be appreciated and given a lot of slack to post their observations and feelings.

BTW Freddy, don't let ol' Artie get to you over at onepocket.org.

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:

Well, you are a pro as well and by all accounts you are a stand up guy and I have never heard anything bad about you. Just by the way you post makes me believe you are a kind and humble man. The world needs more people like you. As you demonstrate, it is about others, not about yourself.

Rep to you, sir!

Dwight

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:

TAP TAP

You speak wise words, keep them coming. The young bucks need the history lesson. The reason the azzholes talk like that is because they would never have the love and dedication it takes to become the player they want to be. I am pretty sure that when the pros started, becoming a pro and earning a living from pool wasn't their first thought about the game. If any pros or top players are lurking can you answer this?

Thanks,

Dwight

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
seriousesly though, to all the pros out there who do post. thank you. wish more of them did.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Dont forget the ladies that post on here too. Monica Webb , Helena Thornfeldt, and Sarah Rousey come to mind and I know I missed a few. The pros give us great insight into the game and this place is definitely a better place with them.

I really like AZB when the pros are woofing it up like the bartram tar threads. :)

JonnyB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a perpetual B player pool enthusiast who reads daily but doesn't post much, I say thanks to all of the above listed and special thanks for the expertise of Bob Jewett, Ray Martin, and other published and respected folks from the pool community who enrich this site with outstanding knowledge.

Jonny B.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
JonnyB said:
From a perpetual B player pool enthusiast who reads daily but doesn't post much, I say thanks to all of the above listed and special thanks for the expertise of Bob Jewett, Ray Martin, and other published and respected folks from the pool community who enrich this site with outstanding knowledge.

Jonny B.

...........and Wincardona (don't know where he's been), Dr. Dave, Colin Colenso, Mike Page, PJ.... knowledgeable posters all. And then there's the pro cue makers. Hell.... I just like AZB in general and I'm glad all y'all are here. :D :thumbup:

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Nice post, I feel the same way sometimes we don't appreciate what people do for us. Nobody has to do a single thing for anyone and when the pro's post it's nice of them to take the time to do it, there is much to learn out there and the haters are holding class on the wrong subject!!