Looking for a used Breakrak

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Good luck on your search. I've posted the same "wanted" ad a few times over the past few years with no luck. Seems once people have one, they don't want to get rid of it.

poolhound

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
ragbug74 said:
Good luck on your search. I've posted the same "wanted" ad a few times over the past few years with no luck. Seems once people have one, they don't want to get rid of it.
Tell me about it,,this is my third try here lol. If still no luck this time Im gonna finally break down and buy a new one.

dlabout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
call me crazy, but isn't that little more than a couple of flex tent supports and a bungie cord??
I might just make one out of some old balls I have and what I can get at the hardware store.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

-Doug

poolhound

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
dlabout said:
call me crazy, but isn't that little more than a couple of flex tent supports and a bungie cord??
I might just make one out of some old balls I have and what I can get at the hardware store.

-Doug
i hear ya ,,thats why I never bought one yet . I used them ,they work good but 239 plus 20 shipping is a little salty if you ask me , I think these things would sell like crazy if the price wasnt so high.

Last edited:

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
poolhound said:
i hear ya ,,thats why I never bought one yet . I used them ,they work good but 239 plus 20 shipping is a little salty if you ask me , I think these things would sell like crazy if the price want so high.

I agree. I would like to try one, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger because the price is just too high.
Mr H

poolhound

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Well today was a lucky day for me,,,my fiance ordered me a breakrak for my birthday ,,so I am thrilled .Cant wait untill it arrives ,I talked to CB on the phone for awhile ,,seems like a great guy .

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I agree on the price being to high. 250$ is ridiculous. Especially for something that might not benefit me. Dont get me wrong ive only heard good things about it, but id be pissed if I bought it and I was the one guy that it didn't help out that much. 150 would be about right.

Ironman317

Cash Me In....
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
dlabout said:

-Doug

i thought about this myself. they cant be that hard to make.

lefty84

thats my boy!!!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
you should buy one and then rent it out by the hour at the pool hall. once the word gets out you'll have ppl lined up wanting to use it lol. you got a good woman there! hold on to her. mine gets tired of hearing about pool lol. you're a lucky guy!!

chazdillon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
damn i cant get some joint protectors out of a girl....much less a breakrak. renting it at the pool hall would be a good idea...it wouldnt take long to make your money back.

.i was going to do that with my radar gun. it cost me 100. we got the guys together and see how hard we all break. we have already had a little action because of it. kinda fun....

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It is a well-engineered item and fairly priced, IMO. this isn't a back-yard product.

I believe the cost includes a case too, FWIW.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
You folks are exactly right, the BreakRAK is too high, but for the life of me, I can't find a way to make it less expensive. Aluminum is through the roof in costs & CNC Machine Shop costs are high as well (people have to make a living). Phenolic Balls, from ARAMITH in Belgium, cost about $5 each, before they are machined. If I use cheap balls, the balls will break. Any breakage is lost monies. The glass rods are from New Zealand & they cost $6 each. The cord is also from New Zealand & it is $1.50 a foot. And the story goes on ......

I have only seen one used BreakRAK sold & that was from a student to an Instructor. The student was upgrading to a newer model.

If you practice the Break Shot at your local Pool Room & pay some kid $5 for an hour on Saturday, a year's worth of practice is $260.

I have made about 1500 of these BreakRAKs, a few have comeback from Breakage, but a dozen out of 1500 is good feedback. The testimonies are all good & the result of their practice with my invention is always POSITIVE. A good Break Cue is more than $250, our newest model will outlast a good Break Cue....

Good Luck to you all... The Break Shot is an advantage or a handicap, it's your choice.

Last edited:

dlabout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CB, I like the idea and the only reason I would attempt to make one is cause I like to tinker. I can understand the price with machine costs and shipping.
Correct me if I'm wrong but your avitar pic and the current model are different. The web site shows a 4 ball cross now vs. the "T" shape in your avitar. I assume there was a problem with it flipping??

-Doug

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Actually the avatar is the new & last model. Our research is completed. In any configuaration, the BreakRAK works the same. The BreakRAK with all the balls, cost a little more because of machining costs.

The website has not been updated completely, with the new model pictures, because we are upgrading the website a bunch.

Knock yourself out, making one, that is what I have done. I have had a good time & met lots of nice people, but I have not made a living with the BreakRAK. I have never had to advertise, I didn't want to, I am retired. Playing a little POOL & meeting folks is what I like to do...

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Good point you raised that a good break cue costs at least this much. I've never heard someone say it wasn't worth the money, and the in 9-ball in particular, the break can be the most important shot of the game.
This thread makes me want one of these again . . .
Mr H

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
ceebee said:
Actually the avatar is the new & last model. Our research is completed. In any configuaration, the BreakRAK works the same. The BreakRAK with all the balls, cost a little more because of machining costs.

The website has not been updated completely, with the new model pictures, because we are upgrading the website a bunch.

Knock yourself out, making one, that is what I have done. I have had a good time & met lots of nice people, but I have not made a living with the BreakRAK. I have never had to advertise, I didn't want to, I am retired. Playing a little POOL & meeting folks is what I like to do...
Charley

Good to see you actively involved on this topic on the forum. If you remember, I got my BreakRak as a Christmas gift that you shipped to my fiance just before you took your Christmas break. Love the ability to practice my break stroke techniques when time permits.

What is the difference between the old model (with all the balls - I have this one) and the most recent model? That is in terms of response with the cue ball collides or anything along that line (I am sure machine cost was one issue).

Great product and I am looking forward to seeing you at the next billiard event.
Myron

Last edited:

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
im gonna get me one soon. but ive gotta wait a while. I just bought a diamond ball polisher that will be here later today and I havent told my wife yet (ooops). For now ive gotta just practice the old fashioned way :(

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I always wanted one too but balked at it because of the cost. If I had aspirations of being a professional pool player it would seem like a no-brainer, though.