Billiard Magazines?

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
I've never had a subscription to a pool or billiard magazine & would like some info on them. What are the better ones? As far as pro tour info, instructional info, new equipment reviews,etc. I was considering Inside Pool.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Inside Pool is very involved and more so than the others! Very Personable and always present at events. I rate them very highly as a result of this!

I would suggest using various books and the search function here on AZB for the "instructional info" and "new equipment reviews" you specifically asked about. They have that info but the publication is monthly and the item gets reviewed several times here before it hits the news stands!

Plus, because of space the instructional articles have some limitations. Its too hard to put info for all levels and not have some players either lost and some bored because they already know that topic!

i suggest you support the magazines its pretty cheap and fun because every edition you don't know what it covers till you open it. SURPRISE!

KD

Yukon Ed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not get them all? Pool & Billiards Mag. has always been my favorite. I loved their "Legends of the Road" series. :thumbup:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I get Billiards Digest and InsidePoolMag. You can probably find a good multi year subscription deal online

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can get a subscription to Billiards Digest at pooldawg.com for about half what you pay from BD. You can't renew your subscription that way, however. It's treated as a new sub at BD and you may miss an issue. I did:(

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's also half price (off of the published BD subscription rate $48/yr) if you're a BCAPL member. I get all three mags.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

You can get a subscription to Billiards Digest at pooldawg.com for about half what you pay from BD. You can't renew your subscription that way, however. It's treated as a new sub at BD and you may miss an issue. I did:(

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get all 3 and they each have their own merits. I used to love the "inside the case" section (or whatever they called it) at Inside Pool but they stopped. I wish they would bring it back.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member

I use to get subscriptions to many magazines. Many times they just lay there without looking at. Found that most info was old and or past the date.

Found that the Internet to be a better source.

It is nothing against the magazines it is how the media is evolving. Many papers and other sources are having a hard time competing with the Internet. Even network tv as we have known it is taking a hit competing.

I guess it is people like me that is the cause of the down fall. :slap:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use to get subscriptions to many magazines. Many times they just lay there without looking at. Found that most info was old and or past the date.

Found that the Internet to be a better source.

It is nothing against the magazines it is how the media is evolving. Many papers and other sources are having a hard time competing with the Internet. Even network tv as we have known it is taking a hit competing.

I guess it is people like me that is the cause of the down fall. :slap:
The problem with the internet is that for the most part it tells you only how things are now. It does not provide a lasting record of what has happened before. Which tournament did Dallas West flee for his life from? Who won most of the pool tournaments in 1995? For those people who are interested in what happened in the game before last month, internet sources are not all of the answer.

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
a) this just reminded me that i bought an online subscription to insidepool.
b) now i can tell you that you should look into that. I want to say I paid $10 or $15 for a YEAR's online subscription.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
The problem with the internet is that for the most part it tells you only how things are now. It does not provide a lasting record of what has happened before. Which tournament did Dallas West flee for his life from? Who won most of the pool tournaments in 1995? For those people who are interested in what happened in the game before last month, internet sources are not all of the answer.

You are right. That is why I gave you all of my old magazines. :thumbup: