Statement from LP Custom Cues

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to a range of different circumstances, I will not be taking orders for cues any longer and will stop building cues next year.
I have never been one to complain much or air my dirty laundry in public but I feel an explaination is necessary.
I have been struggling with Diabetes and Pancreas related issues for almost 10 years and over the last year and a half have been in the hospital 3 times. 4 months ago I was in for 5 grueling days. I have no insurance and the doctor bills have been piling up. I have had to go back to work at my former job as a machinist in order to pay these and other bills.
Due to the stress of dealing with (some) customers and other issues I just don't have the heart to keep building cues. (Nasty phone calls, emails, etc.)
I had wanted to build cues for 15 years and still enjoy building them but I feel the stress is making my illness worse.
I have decided that once the cues I have started are finished, I will be selling all my equipment and get out of cuemaking totally.
I do realize I am not the easiest person to deal with, my customer service is lacking in some cases and I am a little slow and would like to apologize now for all these flaws.
I have a relatively stress free work environment as a machinist and will have insurance and the means to pay my outstanding debts.
This statement is not meant to gather sympathy, rather to just explain my situation. It is not my intention to stir up a big scene but to just bow out gracefully and on a good note. I will also probably not frequent this site much more after today.
With that being said, all current orders for cues will be finished in a timely manner. It may take a little longer that quoted.
I WILL NOT sell any equipment until the last cue is out the door.

I am posting this here for my customers that frequent this site and will post this statement on my website.

Thanks
Lee Peppers
LPCUSTOMCUES

Last edited:

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that Lee. I've never hit with one of your cues but almost pulled the trigger on one a couple of different times. I've always liked your designs. Good luck to you with whatever you do.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the pool and cues stuff aside, it sounds like you got your priorities straight. I've never had the pleasure of hitting one of your cues but I wish you the best of luck with better health and your new career choice.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
That's a shame Lee. Your physical and financial health are the most important things. I for one am going to miss you.

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Lee Peppers

Lee, hope you get your health under control most of all. I also look forward to seeing the cue you have in progress for me.
You take care, and we will talk soon.
Best regards,
Greg

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I had wanted to build cues for 15 years and still enjoy building them but I feel the stress is making my illness worse. ...

Best wishes for your future, Lee. I continue to enjoy the cue you made for me.

If you do still enjoy building cues, you could continue to do so as a part-time builder, not taking orders but building whatever styles and designs strike your fancy and on whatever time schedule meets your needs. You could find a dealer or two to handle the sales.

But I imagine you have already considered and rejected that possibility.

Be well.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
This is not good news Lee but your health is more important than anything else.

I will always treasure the 2 conversions that you made for me.

Take care of yourself and drop in once in a while.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
hope your health gets better....glad you are going to be finishing your last cues for you customers...i am sure they are happy for the update...good luck and happy trails....

jnf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee our thoughts and prayers are with you. I have an order with you and I will be most patient considering your circumstances. Work on getting well and the finances will take care of themselves. Take care of your health and your family, cues are secondary.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Lee, you take care of yourself and know that any cue that has your signature on it is a fine piece of poolplaying equipment!!! I am glad I have one of your cues in my modest collection. It's a beauty and has a nice, stiff hit. I will keep this cue and pass it down to a family member someday.

I hope your health improves! Good luck to you. I will have some prayers going out for your health issues.

Maniac

bflojosh

The sneakiest sneaky
Silver Member
Lee your customer service was never lacking, even when I was emailing you multiple times a day! You were always helpful and professional when answering my newbie questions about my first custom cue. Thanks for a great cue its been my only player since I got it, and will be for years to come!
-Josh

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Lee, that's a shame to hear....you build a nice cue. I hope you get a handle on your health issues and want to wish you nothing but success in whatever endeavors are in your future. Best of luck !!

Last edited:

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I greatly appreciate everyones prayers and well wishes.

I gave this alot of thought and for me this is the only way to proceed.

Thanks again
Lee

CK6Speed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear you are leaving the business, but personal health comes before all. Thanks for the cue you built for me. I get nothing but compliments on it. Looks like I'll be holding on to my LP Custom for a very long time.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee Peppers

Sorry to hear that you're winding your business down to a close due to health difficulties. I'm happy that you're taking your health issues seriously and making that your priority. As much as I would like to see you continue doing what you love, I think you're making the right decision to preserve your health for you and your family. I'm very glad that I got in the door for a couple of your cues. The first one is a great looking, highly complimented, sweet player that I use quite often. I'm happily looking forward to my second/now final cue from you which I'm sure will also put a big silly grin on my face while I'm enjoying shooting many racks with it. Thanks again, for always keeping things interesting on AZ the way you have with your Logo contests and subsequent design your own custom cue contests. Good luck in your future endeavors and may your health only get better from here on out.

Best Wishes,

Kevin

p.s. I WANT MY CUE NOW!!!! lol....JK...Patiently I'll await your next contact. Take care man!