Who Has Played CJ??

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
A short while back, CJ Wiley challenged the top 100 players to play for cash. Has anybody taken him up on his offer? Who? For how much $$? How did they do? OR...why not??
:D

PC_John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny and sad at the same time. he even offered to play some $20 games.
No takers.
:smile:

The only one who would be more surprised then me, if someone took up his offer would be C.J.
JMO of course.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What am I missing here?

CJ Wiley challenged the top 100 players to play for cash?????

What does that mean? That he is willing to play, Busta, SVB, Dennis O, Rodney or any of these guys even?

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Saw him in action on the table next to me at the Big Tyme Billiards tournament last month in Houston. He was playing a short stop in one pocket. I couldn't watch because I was in action my self, but I know he took down the cash.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wanting to play CJ for cash, isn't that like wanting to sword fight Zorro?

In one of CJ's posts he mentions how much action there used to be in the south, especially the Carolinas. We didn't know CJ but everyone knew who he was. We were all scared to death of him, lol. Like Zorro, or Bruce Lee. :bow-down:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

What does that mean? That he is willing to play, Busta, SVB, Dennis O, Rodney or any of these guys even?

He's past his prime, but in his prime he proved himself against everyone in an era Hall of Famers.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He played great..., but

I have seen him play in a lot of places, he can go..., but there are some knew guys around since his prime and they will get up and play, so is he calling out any and every one?

Theres a long list of people that he should avoid!

IIRC his challenge was to play any top 100 player even, with him playing every shot with his TOI technique, and his opponent playing every shot centre ball only. The bet was for up to $1000, presumably on his table, or one in his area.

That there were no takers given these conditions is of no surprise to me at all.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I have seen him play in a lot of places, he can go..., but there are some knew guys around since his prime and they will get up and play, so is he calling out any and every one?

Theres a long list of people that he should avoid!

I can't think of but just a few. Anyone else is seriously gambling IMO

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC his challenge was to play any top 100 player even, with him playing every shot with his TOI technique, and his opponent playing every shot centre ball only. The bet was for up to $1000, presumably on his table, or one in his area.

That there were no takers given these conditions is of no surprise to me at all.

Glad he did not go out on a limb or anything betting 1k seems to me if he was that sure 10 k or better might raise a few eyebrows

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad he did not go out on a limb or anything betting 1k seems to me if he was that sure 10 k or better might raise a few eyebrows

Mr. C J Wiley,
Offered to play anyone in the top one hundred best players, for as low as $20.00 a game to whatever! Now that to me means it is about playing pool and not how much to play for but whoever wants to play!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see it..,

I know his game well, I have played at his places in Dallas for many years and have watched him and Roger Grif play a lot of people, but to say that there are only a few people that would take his action now....,

well I think theres a long list of people that would give it a try, maybe not a long list of american players, but a long list out of that top 100.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's past his prime, but in his prime he proved himself against everyone in an era Hall of Famers.

Buddy Hall,
Is past his prime. Do you want to play him 9 ball? He still wins tournaments and play jammed up 9 ball, one pocket, and 10 ball. He gets a lot of action, but has to give up a lot weight to get it.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Freddie<-------- Might play C J since he is past his prime?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

I believe that was in a response to someone putting down TOI.

I may be wrong, but I believe CJ was also looking to play others without those restrictions.

Regards,

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure there is a list of players who will get up and play him some, just don't underestimate him, dude still plays jam up. I've Played a little with him not too long ago (lots of racking and learning for me) and he was also my scotch doubles partner at the St. Jude's pro-am last year and we won that.