How much to ship a cue USPS

The8reader

does this help! haha
Silver Member
got a friend that wants to buy one of my cue's. i am at work so i though i would ask how much i may cost me to ship it. thanks in advance.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Go to the usps website and fill in the blanks. Figure on 3 lbs for weight and that should get you very close. If you use a usps tube, the dimensions are about 36"x3" diameter. Need to know zip codes involved and don't forget insurance cost.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
I just received a cue via USPS Express with 4K in insurance and it was $63. From TX to WA state.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
got a friend that wants to buy one of my cue's. i am at work so i though i would ask how much i may cost me to ship it. thanks in advance.

Using one of our traingular Priority tubes, if it weighs under 3lbs, the max would be $15.25. Of course the insurance is extra. Tracking is included with all Priority now.

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For reference a 20.5 oz cue in a 1x1 action case with jps and 2 pcs of chalk was 23$ from Virginia to Chicago

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I just bought and received an ebay cue and 1x1 case, sent UPSP Priority Mail. The seller used a Medium Mailing Tube from USPS.

The USPS label says $8.90 but it was only going from one Chicago suburb to another.

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought and received an ebay cue and 1x1 case, sent UPSP Priority Mail. The seller used a Medium Mailing Tube from USPS.

The USPS label says $8.90 but it was only going from one Chicago suburb to another.

Yeah mine was shipped in a triangle box with enough padding to withstand an earthquake, also might have been two day not sure

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shipping

if out of the USA could be $150-$200.
I shipped a 35mm camera to Mexico. weighed a couple pounds, DHL wanted $200. Fed Ex was $130.
cue should weigh about the same.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If it's a cheap cue, it cost me to ship up and down the East coast round $8.

From East Coast to West Coast cost me around $13.

Always cost me more if it has to cross the Mississippi River.:angry:

I always use Priority Mail.

For a cue that cost over $250, I'll insure it and pay a little extra.
I'll also use a partial round tube inside the USPS triangle tube.
I cut all my tubes down to 33 inches.
With a 38 inch tube, there is a greater chance that it can get damaged.
I always use big bubble bubble wrap.
I try and keep all my packages 2 pounds or less.

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

it depends on the weight and where it's going.

what's the from and to destinations? pack it light and you might save a few b ucks but it won't be as safe.