WFS 48 hours bad boys

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Very interesting data. As it is late, and I have stories to post, I will take a closer look at this tomorrow.

Thanks for the data though.

Mike

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Why don't you start one for people that break the rules in the main forum & nothing gets done about it because of favortism?

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Alan Vo, forum Policia.

Ya know, in the past before all the Bump Rules, I have always found what I was looking for. I just went to page 2,3,4,5,6, and beyond.

I had the time, I just went searching. I enjoyed all the pictures of cues etc.

I have not much idea of what the Bump Fuss is all about.

So what, if you happen to be on page 8 when you get home from work, just Bump it up to the first page like everyone else was doing.

Myself and everyone else will eventually find you. Really, twasn't much work beyond the click of a mouse button a few times.

Rules just complicate things sometimes. I never gave bumping a thought previously until the Bump rule came in.

If I didn't find what I was looking for on page one, like I said, I just kept clicking on pages and ads until I got to the end.

Didn't bother me in the least. Like flipping pages in a catalog.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Some of those names didn't surprise me
The one that really pisses me off is that Kevin Brewer guy><:smile:

I think we should do away with the bump rule, then require gold membership and minimum 50-posts to sell stuff.
If any sellers become annoying, like the guys that forced the rules changes in the first place, then we start em over with zero posts, and you lose all gold membership privileges.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't clicked the tracker yet, but it will be mdone...

The hog makes a good point and I would elaborate on part: searching to find.

I would suggest that nearly 0 cue sales are impulse buys, meaning that if one creates an effective listing: brand, style, wood type/s, specs, etc...coupled with something that people actually want and is priced realistically, it will be found.

Having an item on the first few pages- in itself- doesn't markedly increase its attractiveness to buyers, I believe.

Alan Vo, forum Policia.

Ya know, in the past before all the Bump Rules, I have always found what I was looking for. I just went to page 2,3,4,5,6, and beyond.

I had the time, I just went searching. I enjoyed all the pictures of cues etc.

I have not much idea of what the Bump Fuss is all about.

So what, if you happen to be on page 8 when you get home from work, just Bump it up to the first page like everyone else was doing.

Myself and everyone else will eventually find you. Really, twasn't much work beyond the click of a mouse button a few times.

Rules just complicate things sometimes. I never gave bumping a thought previously until the Bump rule came in.

If I didn't find what I was looking for on page one, like I said, I just kept clicking on pages and ads until I got to the end.

Didn't bother me in the least. Like flipping pages in a catalog.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
via Black balled

...Having an item on the first few pages- in itself- doesn't markedly increase its attractiveness to buyers, I believe.

..akin to placing impulse buy items adjacent to the check out counter...wasn't looking for one..but man, I could use that too..;)

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
more importantly, this forum police crap is getting out of hand. Self badged people are acting like total a$$holes with their higher than thou attitude. Enough! Its like the Gestapo all over again. Too much, even for the non rule breakers and it will make this place not so much fun to come around too.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
via Black balled

...Having an item on the first few pages- in itself- doesn't markedly increase its attractiveness to buyers, I believe.

..akin to placing impulse buy items adjacent to the check out counter...wasn't looking for one..but man, I could use that too..;)

But if you had to assign a % to sales that ae impulse buys...what would it be?

Aside form being effectively impossible to actually measure, gotta be small, no?

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Aside form being effectively impossible to actually measure, gotta be small, no?

I have no idea.. but I doubt impulse-buy items would be big ticket items. Those are worth roaming the aisles for. Or in our case, sifting through a few pages...or searching..or waiting a couple of days for it to cycle through to the front page again.

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member
I don't know. The forum policing is a bit over the top, but when I bought my current cue (which is now back in the WFS forum after five years b/c I have a new one on the way), I had a general idea of what I wanted - a custom in my price range with a leather wrap that I liked the look of. From there, I browsed until I found the one that caught my eye. I'd guess that a lot of people use the forum that way, and more of them will see the ones closer to the top.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

I don't think "impulse" is the correct terminology to use, but if by impulse you mean someone starting on page 1 and going down the ads looking for a cue that catches their eye, using factors such as cues they like the looks of, and that is in the price range they are looking for, and possibly even from cue makers who they have liked in the past or have always wanted to try, then I would bet that more than 50% of the sales are the result of "impulse" buyers, and probably far more.

Those who buy because they did only one search on a specific cue maker I'm guessing are less than 50% of the total sales that happen, and probably far less.

People that scan the ads starting from page one will obviously stop at some point either due to their schedule, or just simply getting tired of looking at ads after a while. I would guess that on average, those that are scanning through the ads make it to about 3 pages on average before they stop for whatever reason.

All these are educated guesses of course and nobody has a precise answer. What is clear though is that it is a HUGE advantage to have your listing staying within the first few pages of ads, and a HUGE disadvantage once it falls below page 3 or 4.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alano....great job.....keep this up and send the info to Jerry Forsyth directly.

I agree that dialogue on the threads is important.....but repositioning the thread to the front is what makes bumping so objectionable.
A solution will be eventually arrived at but meanwhile, the rules are what they are and as long as they exist, please do your best to follow them.

Everyone...anyone on the Forum......and so there's no ambiguities......that means "EVERYONE" on the Forum needs to "respect"
and "comply" with the rules....in other words, "obedience". And when any AZer flaunts their disregard for the Forum rules, they deserve
to...and "need to" have their asses kicked, i.e., suspended or banned. They don't get to rebel and riot because they simply don't like things.
These jerks have to either comply & behave or else get thrown off the Forum.....who the _uck are they to say the rules don't apply to "them".

Now most people seem to illegally bump from time to time.....but it's the flagrant AZers that do it all the time that need to be kicked off
the Forum if they continue....that's right ...kicked off for a year......straighten out your act and come back but don't change which is your decision...
then good riddance to you......that simple......don't beat this to death.....stop acting like you have special posting privileges & rules don't apply to you.

Matt B.

Last edited:

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
So here is a flaw- it shows me as a bad boy because I posted at 6:14 am and then shows another post at 6:15 am.it was not a bump but just more pictures. Please remove my name from the list of over bumpers. If you cannot then take your flawed technology away. Thanks

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
So here is a flaw- it shows me as a bad boy because I posted at 6:14 am and then shows another post at 6:15 am.it was not a bump but just more pictures. Please remove my name from the list of over bumpers. If you cannot then take your flawed technology away. Thanks

Just call it entrapment and try to get out of this with your gold membership status intact.

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alanvo --- I have treated you excellent and know you have a crawl for bumpers as I may be wrong, but believe you were called out on the same thing, that now you created a list. Just a list !!, You have me on your list and since you don't really care about the content, but, just want to make a list, the item you have me on your list is 351109. Now It's Paul Harvey Time !!!
worktheknight,351109,02-04-2014 04:55 PM,02-06-2014 10:49 AM <---Alanvo's List !!!

original post central standard time 02-04-2014 06:55 PM by worktheknight
02-06-2014 09:49 AM member DamienLuu made a trade offer
02-06-2014 12:27 PM member Kevin Lindstrom pointed out error in listing
02-06-2014 12:32 PM member Qaddiction confirmed error in listing
02-06-2014, 12:49 PM worktheknight confirmed and corrected error in listing
Not a Bump For Selling, BUT TO CONFIRM CORRECTED LISTING !!!!!

Alanvo, Did You notify the Azer's here on your List, some of my true bump times, Here's a few
worktheknight, 342082, 02-01-2014 06:33 AM, 02-07-2014, 08:36 PM. Average 6 days +
worktheknight, 341931, 01-27-2014 04:43 PM, 02-15-2014 06:32 AM Average 18 days +
worktheknight, 355919 03-13-2014 03:55PM, 03-16-2014 12:30 PM Average 69 hours
worktheknight, 342492, 02-03-2014 06:29 AM 02-11-2014 02:04 PM Average 8 days +
worktheknight, 352574, 02-16-2014 06:43 AM 02-21-2014 01:22 AM Average 5 days +
worktheknight, 348907. 02-02-214 04:38 PM 03-16-2014 07:16 AM Average 46 days +
other members kind enough to bump above post !!!, but, yes, over 46 days before I bumped the post myself to the top.
I believe Alanvo's list is subject to many flaws as I have easily pointed out. My making the list was after three other members bumped the list and helped me with an error in my listing and only after their kind actions, did I confirm the correction, but still left the initial error as is from the original posting so all can see to why I bumped the post as of course, there is always some goof ball pointing fingers without common sense. Sorry Alanvo, thought you were a little better than this.
The only wrong I committed was screwing up the original post calling the cues I was selling
" Richard Harris " instead of the actual cue maker being " Robert Harris " and yes, I already got my ass chewed !!!! and rightfully so !!!!
worktheknight - Chuck

-----------------------------
added 3:16-2014 2:00 PM Central Standard Time, : may I should not be bumping this post, but, did forget to state that the above statements I made were of items that I had listed during the same time frame as close to possible that Alanvo should have easily seen. If more items are needed and bigger spread of time frame, I will be happy to get the information some day when I just have some free time on a Friday night to make a list.
Ended 02:03 PM 3-16-2014

Last edited:

PC_John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the idea that sellers should be gold members and a minimum of 50 post. Real post, not just bs to add to the count.

For a small fee buy a sticky one week at a time, if you want to be on the front page. The extra income would certainly help the forum and stop a lot of bickering.

Business is business. Why should AZB give sellers free space on the forum for their wares and then put up with them violating the rules, whining about every little thing, and running down the moderator.

We have just seen with the RM thread what can happen when you bite the hand that feeds you.

THE END. :wink: