I miss playing pool for money

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
All the effort I put into becoming one of the top players in the country and now everything seems to be on pause or slow rewind.

I think I came to the wrong state, Missouri, (STL) area has the least action of any city I've ever been to, trying to get a $50 set is just about impossible here unless I'm giving up a massive spot that i cannot outrun.

I had my chances to win the open division in Vegas this year just to find myself too broke for the entry fee.

I will be taking a break from pool most likely since I live too far away from a poolroom to walk and I still don't have a car after ditching mine to go with Gene in September.

I just miss playing for money the days I could bet $50 on a single rack of 9 ball have come to pass for me. I'm going to find work and save up for a car and then save a couple months of pay then quit my job and go back out on the road again. I just hope my game doesn't suffer.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
How can you say you "Had your chances to win the open division in Vegas" when you never even played in it?? With that logic, I had my chances of winning the US Open in Chesapeake, VA, but ehhhh.. I didn't play.

I bet Missouri is polluted with people who would gamble with you even. Gimme a break. Might want to consider getting a real job.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wild

Rhea I have been a supporter of you and your journey but it was more a of a long slow trainwreck.

Your views on MO are sadly mistaken. YOU were ASKING for completely rediculous spots while being staked for $5-$50 sets. At least tell the truth.

I guess you are right it is tough to find people to give you action when your a 70% favorite and they can only win one set of less than $50.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How come you don't have enough money for a room, car and probably food but you want to play 50/rack 9 ball? You will never be one of the best is the country if you have to worry about money everyday. Get a job get stable in your life and practice. Play tournaments, don't try to hustle cash games. That is not working out for you, your not getting ahead. Travel to good tournaments and stay in hotels and eat well it will improve your game ten fold.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What???

I have seen the best at every game play all over the world for many years and I can tell you this.., if your game is that good you can get action, EVRYBODY get played.

You don't need to play 10 hours a day to stay sharp, nobody does, that's just a way to justify being broke and blaming the game. Get some hustle, get a gig and parlay the money you work for with smart matching up, good play and some balls.

It aint the game, it the players, most are weak.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
All the effort I put into becoming one of the top players in the country...

Ok I don't usually say anything in these Rhea or gambling threads because I'm not much for gambling and have little to no experience, but after reading that first line I just have to ask you don't really believe that is true do you? I can't take anything that comes after that even semi seriously.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the effort I put into becoming one of the top players in the country and now everything seems to be on pause or slow rewind.

I think I came to the wrong state, Missouri, (STL) area has the least action of any city I've ever been to, trying to get a $50 set is just about impossible here unless I'm giving up a massive spot that i cannot outrun.

I had my chances to win the open division in Vegas this year just to find myself too broke for the entry fee.

I will be taking a break from pool most likely since I live too far away from a poolroom to walk and I still don't have a car after ditching mine to go with Gene in September.

I just miss playing for money the days I could bet $50 on a single rack of 9 ball have come to pass for me. I'm going to find work and save up for a car and then save a couple months of pay then quit my job and go back out on the road again. I just hope my game doesn't suffer.

Focus on tournaments like all pros , otherwise, be normal woman, have a job, married,... Etc. And play pool when you get a chance.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had a true passion for the game, you would get better. Problem is, your true passion is for the action. It wouldn't take that much money to buy a used table, work 8 hours per day and practice 8 hours per day. That's what someone who had a true passion for the game would do. I think your problem is you really don't want to work. You don't want to work at a job, you don't want to truly work on your game. You want to play yourself into being better whole feeding your gambling addiction.

mistamikel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stop watching Pool Hall Junkies and get a job. Maybe live life a little? and shoot pool to have fun and improve because you love the game, not because you wanna be the next "Side pocket kid"

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Your not looking hard enough..;) Or maybe its just that you have small money. Sounds like your broke,please tell me(us) why someone would even care to gamble with you.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
I know the feeling. I was all pumped up to snap off the World 9-Ball this month but couldn't afford the plane ticket. I told them I was about to make 40k but they didn't understand. I mean who knew that you had to have money to travel around and play pool?

Birriards

Banned
Oh look, the clown show is back...

Nice to see all those months dumpster diving and sleeping in trucks sure hasn't made him any smarter... Still delusional as ever.

Rhea is the Shallow Hal of pool... She looks at her game and sees a champion, the rest of us look at it and see a person that isn't any better than about 10-20 average joes that we see at APA every week in every city in the US.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still a compulsive gambler i see...
How about getting some help with that?
You have proven long ago that you are not really in love with the game, you are in love with the gambling aspect of pool.
If your goal is to be a pro, you need to practice and take lessons. The easiest way to get practice is to get your own table, you can get a GC for as low as $1000!
Get a job, get help with your addiction, practice on your table, take lessons and play local tournaments.
I have asked several times if you could post a video on youtube or wimeo so we can see you play and thus judge your speed objectively, I think that it would do you a world of good.

It's George

Bet Something!!!
Silver Member
Last time I checked Danny H was still in Mo and would give up some sporty spots, but be careful what you ask for because you might not like it.

JDH

Registered
Rhea--

We have a player here from Greenfield, Mo.that regularly plays big sets. He plays out of Dennis' Place in Springfield, Mo. He routinely plays for $100 to whatever you got sets. He insists on giving the "orange crush" to any and all comers. If you're game head West on I-44 and stop off in Springfield!

P.S.

If you have a schon shaft approx. 13mm I'm sure he'll play the first set for the shaft.

JDH

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
One of the best players in the country, Really? Seriously? You're kind of delusional. I think it's safe to say you're often not even one of the best players in the room at any given pool hall you're in at any given moment. You fancy yourself a pool player when in reality you're just a gambler, seemingly one tilting towards degenerate status. There is a difference between being a pool player who gambles & a gambler who just plays pool. You don't have the game to be a shortstop in a sleepy Podunk town much less a road player, get a grip on reality.

jimmyquinella

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss, playing pool for money.
....punctuation means a lot.

stop_clubbing_baby_seals.jpg