I'm sick...

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I'll wager many of you will not disagree with my thread title, but the truth is I really am.

A little over a week ago I was diagnosed as having Myasthenia Gravis, or MG. MG is a neuro-musculure disease that affects the brain/muscle signal resulting in weakening of the voluntary muscles. Luckily, the smooth muscles such as heart, and digestive system are not affected. Early symptoms include drooping eyelid, and double vision (it's a real problem sitting here trying to type). More advanced stages include: Difficulty swallowing, and breathing.
Treatment is available, however, and from what I read, reasonably successful.
I haven't played pool in almost two months, and have no idea as to when I might play again. It is very frustrating. And scary.
I'm going to lay low for awhile. I don't feel very funny these days anyway, and treatment for this thing may be a long drawn out affair.
Peace to all in the coming new year, and just to cover my Karmic ass, that goes to JB, and PJ, as well.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Get well, Tramp...
...well, except for your sense of humor...we like it sick.

your Az buddy
pt

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Sorry to hear about this Tramp. Don't be messing around, get the proper meds and such.

Sucks to start getting on, doesn't it. At one time, we just read about some of these things. Now, the Chickens are coming home to Roost and we are experiencing some of them ourselves.

Keep us posted on your Health. I certainly hope this one doesn't affect ones Sense of Humor.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sorry

Very sorry to hear of your bad health. I pray God will heal you and send you to the right doctors. Best wishes.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pray the treatment works well for you, Tramp. Do your best to keep in good spirits.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this TS. I've always enjoyed your humorous posts and hope everything goes well with your treatment.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Good Luck Brother

Good Luck Brother...you got a fight on your hands. Now go kick it's azz.

maplecap

Jack
Silver Member
Tramp, from all of us lurkers who love the cut of your jib! Get well soon and feel funny again. You are probably appreciated more than you will ever know, from those of us who stay behind the scenes. Happy New Year to you and Godspeed. HappyJack

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'll wager many of you will not disagree with my thread title, but the truth is I really am.

A little over a week ago I was diagnosed as having Myasthenia Gravis, or MG. MG is a neuro-musculature disease that affects the brain/muscle signal resulting in weakening of the voluntary muscles. Luckily, the smooth muscles such as heart, and digestive system are not affected. Early symptoms include drooping eyelid, and double vision (it's a real problem sitting here trying to type). More advanced stages include: Difficulty swallowing, and breathing.
Treatment is available, however, and from what I read, reasonably successful.
I haven't played pool in almost two months, and have no idea as to when I might play again. It is very frustrating. And scary.
I'm going to lay low for awhile. I don't feel very funny these days anyway, and treatment for this thing may be a long drawn out affair.
Peace to all in the coming new year, and just to cover my Karmic ass, that goes to JB, and PJ, as well.

Thank you for being so open and forthright with us.

You have brought so much entertainment and happiness to our lives, I hope the least we can do is offer you some companionship and comfort during your illness. I too would retreat for awhile if the same were to happen to me, but I know that the best situation for me would be to continue living my life as I normally do, as much as possible. I, for one, hope we see you here often. You don't have to be funny. Feel free to be a dick like you-know-who(s) you've earned it!

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Tramp,

A friend and me were thinking of driving out to Vegas in February. Other than being a slightly insane idea, we were going to drive through Springfield. Sincerely hope we might get to meet. Not many times I get to meet a living legend. Hope you will allow me to play with your cue. Tired of playing with a hum drum everyday cue. Looking forward to using the Miracle. As you know, my playing cue is only sort of straight.

Seriously, get your butt in good health. Nothing else matters. Get a second opinion or a third. If you trust your doctor, do what they say. OR ELSE!!!!!!!

Lyn

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Heres to hoping for better health and lighter times. Take the time you need and we'll wait for ya to come back.

Eric