Rasson vs. Diamond tables?

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
What are the differences and why are major companies/tournaments choosing Rasson over Diamond? Could it be that Rasson is offering more sponsorship money?

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the differences and why are major companies/tournaments choosing Rasson over Diamond? Could it be that Rasson is offering more sponsorship money?

"Could it be that Rasson is offering more sponsorship money?" How about "could it be anything else"?

Of course its about the money.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I don't think Diamond gives out sponsorship money.
They just provide the tables .

dougdpictures

Registered
I played on the one that was at Steinway for the World 14.1 Tournament the day after the event concluded. And a day later it was gone.

I can say the pockets are not like the GC. And not like Diamond as I'm used to but little of my time is on newer Diamond tables.

I'd describe the Rasson pockets to be much tighter, the sides especially, but the shelf is much shorter. Getting past the pocket opening was a challenge, but if the ball got past the horn it was very likely to drop.

Fun for a day to play on something different.

Arete

Registered
I played on the one that was at Steinway for the World 14.1 Tournament the day after the event concluded. And a day later it was gone.

I can say the pockets are not like the GC. And not like Diamond as I'm used to but little of my time is on newer Diamond tables.

I'd describe the Rasson pockets to be much tighter, the sides especially, but the shelf is much shorter. Getting past the pocket opening was a challenge, but if the ball got past the horn it was very likely to drop.

Are the shelves as short as they were using for the bonusball tables?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Website says 10,000 tables produced per year. If true, the Rasson tables must currently be the best selling pool table??

What kind of pricing? Shipping for a table from China will be expensive!

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems to me Rasson has will also be offering Snooker and Carom Tables in the near future Possibly even Chinese 8 ball and I am not sure if Diamond has the ability to make a 10' or 12' table at this point. The slate on the Rasson is a little thicker than the Diamond Pro Am as well. That would add a little to the weight. Not that any of that means a lot to most people I know.

kevina

RASSON BILLIARDS

Thanks for the concern of everyone to Rasson and just wanna clarify again about the Victory table at 14.1 tournament which I also already mentioned in another post.

Below are the info that I wrote on another post:
"First, the Victory table used for 14.1 was still the old version, not Victory II; Victory II was not ready till this year. Second, this table was scheduled as the official table for Legends of Pool in Florida on late January 2016, but it didn't catch that event due to delay on shipment, so it was stored in Florida and then be transported to New York as the match table for 14.1 just one week before 14.1, but the logistic company delayed the delivery and damaged the table during transportation, which caused the table shown up till the 5th day of 14.1 tournament. Third, the 4.5" pocket sizes for all 6 pockets were required by Dragon Promotions who told us pro players like smaller pockets.

Hopefully this explanation answers the questions. We understand and sorry for the surprise that players feel to a "sudden" showing up of Victory table during the event.

We also would like to invite your attention to our Victory II table, which is much improved than Victory I and with many unique features that you can't find in the market. More details, pls check our website www.rasson.cn .

You may experienced or heard products "Made in China" are nothing with high quality, but we have always been trying to create really good products and we welcome every honest comments to our products with actual experience. Rasson is a new brand, but not a new table manufacturer. Maybe the table you have at home was just made by Rasson~~"

Thanks!

kevina

RASSON BILLIARDS
Website says 10,000 tables produced per year. If true, the Rasson tables must currently be the best selling pool table??

We do produce over 10,000 pool tables and also thousands of shuffleboards as well other products per year since we provided OEM for many famous billiard brands!

kevina

RASSON BILLIARDS
Seems to me Rasson has will also be offering Snooker and Carom Tables in the near future Possibly even Chinese 8 ball and I am not sure if Diamond has the ability to make a 10' or 12' table at this point. The slate on the Rasson is a little thicker than the Diamond Pro Am as well. That would add a little to the weight. Not that any of that means a lot to most people I know.

We actually also have been making snooker and Chinese 8 pool tables for many years. We sell them in China and Europe markets. The Snooker tables that will be used for World Games 2017 will be from Rasson.

Carom table would be a new product we will develop very soon! Thanks for your concern.

Slates on all Rasson brand tables are 30mm and thicker than others' 1", which can guarantee a better stability of table and sound when play.

More details about Rasson tables, pls check our website www.rasson.cn

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. I really like the look of the Victory table, that is a cool base design. Never seen one in person but maybe with this push into the US market they'll start popping up in some places.

Youthbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

GXman.

I know those tables have been around for a bit. I used to own a computer game in 2000 that the tables in the game were Rasson. As far as shipping from China, that's how most tables are done now days. Most of the tables that you buy brand new off of the internet with a no name are made in China. I used to sell tables for a guy who designed his own tables and all of his were made in China because of how cheap it was to make it there. Not sure how true it is, but he told me that all of the lower end things that Brunswick throws theyre name on were made in China. Not sure if I believe it, but it is not unbelieveable.

Nina

Registered
Same question in my mind before why Diamond over Brunswick? And actually, many people same as me before, but now we start to double why RASSON over Diamond. We doubt and sometimes even reject in our own mind for the new thing, which always happened no matter hundres years ago or now days. While time changes always, we should try to accept fresh thing...Any how from the image of RASSON VICTORY II which seems a good revolutionary, especially on its Model...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same question in my mind before why Diamond over Brunswick? And actually, many people same as me before, but now we start to double why RASSON over Diamond. We doubt and sometimes even reject in our own mind for the new thing, which always happened no matter hundres years ago or now days. While time changes always, we should try to accept fresh thing...Any how from the image of RASSON VICTORY II which seems a good revolutionary, especially on its Model...

Hello again, china.

I have no inherent issue with Asia-manufactured items. And would add that if there is a bicycle in your house...it came from China or Taiwan.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much are they????????????????

WTF, KevinA, aka "Rasson dude". This was asked at least three times. How much is the MC-used table???