New Eddie Cohen - Christmas Cue!

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gave Eddie the following:

I don’t like Bird’s Eye Maple
I love bridged veneers
Other than that, you have complete creative control... surprise me.
Theme: If you made a cue for Santa Claus, this would be that cue.

On Friday, he delivered this beauty. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Everything came out fantastic, but I’m not 100% sold on the black leather wrap. It feels great, and does’t distract from the design... I don’t dislike the choice; but It’s a pretty far out there theme cue, so I wouldn’t mind a “louder” wrap, that fits the theme a bit more. Please let me know what wrap you’d love to see on this “Cue for Santa.”

Oh... and the cue plays a treat. This bad boy is a keeper!

4457A9DA-AD68-4821-9DC1-E8DE197BE5CC.jpeg

AC1D6D91-E7E0-49B3-AFB1-F5DB17D7B2E3.jpeg

E4D4D6E4-480D-4A85-8F3F-5DBD96A4F42F.jpeg

Cheers,

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It needs a black n’red thread linen wrap or a Christmas color leather wrap to coincide
with the alternating candy cane colors.......red or green leather.......or how about a
using segmented leather of alternating red and green leather or red & white for a
candy cane effect? Personally speaking, the design isn’t really my cup of tea since
you play with the cue year round. But with the significance of a cue being a Xmas gift,
albeit to yourself, I would have had Eddie engrave the butt with 12-25-19 or maybe
use Christmas 2019 or Xmas ‘19 or else just sign and date the forearm using 12-25-19
to commemorate the cue and Christmas. But the black wrap doesn’t quite promote the
Christmas theme versus other choices which there are many to choose from......IMO.

Matt B.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It needs a black n’red thread linen wrap or a Christmas color leather wrap to coincide
with the alternating candy cane colors.......red or green leather.......or how about a
using segmented leather of alternating red and green leather or red & white for a
candy cane effect? Personally speaking, the design isn’t really my cup of tea since
you play with the cue year round. But with the significance of a cue being a Xmas gift,
albeit to yourself, I would have had Eddie engrave the butt with 12-25-19 or maybe
use Christmas 2019 or Xmas ‘19 or else just sign and date the forearm using 12-25-19
to commemorate the cue and Christmas. But the black wrap doesn’t quite promote the
Christmas theme versus other choices which there are many to choose from......IMO.

Matt B.

I’m pretty nutty when it comes to Christmas... most people who know me won’t be surprised to see me using it all year. LOL

I was thinking a red/white stack leather wrap, or a solid leather in a red or green color... was also kicking around the idea of a green with white speck linen (your black/red linen suggestion would look great, too... hadn’t thought of that).

So many possibilities. I’ll have to start looking around to see what kind of leather wrap options I can find... bold colors aren’t easy to come by.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jack Justis, for one, used to do some wraps for cues that were patterned like argyle socks.
That would be great here! Fun cue!!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Santa is an OLD soul so I bet he'd like a nice traditional white with green spec old school wrap OR since someone mentioned presents how about this.. Kinda looks like bow rolls... :)

Attachments

• wraps.jpg
    wraps.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 665

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful job by Eddie.
Those veneers are perfect.
The choice of exotic stone for the xmas trees is a very nice touch as well.
Neat and fun cue that's gonna play like a dream.
Congrats!

And yes, you need a red and white striped stacked leather wrap to complete the look.

Last edited:

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I bet Tiger can do a Black Stacked leather wrap with Red and Green Ribbons through it.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m pretty nutty when it comes to Christmas... most people who know me won’t be surprised to see me using it all year. LOL

I was thinking a red/white stack leather wrap, or a solid leather in a red or green color... was also kicking around the idea of a green with white speck linen (your black/red linen suggestion would look great, too... hadn’t thought of that).

So many possibilities. I’ll have to start looking around to see what kind of leather wrap options I can find... bold colors aren’t easy to come by.

Sounds like you looking for a RED LIZARD PRINT WRAP.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the green spot linen would be best,
but then i always do prefer it

i do like the cue,a matching case by John Barton
could really bring down the house

better hurry its almost that time

maybe a lionel train set design on the wrap or the case

either way it is very unique

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just sent an inquiry to Tiger to see what their thoughts are.

My first reaction is that a black/red or black/green/red or white/red stacked leather would look amazing... not sure exactly what they can do, so we’ll see.

And now Mr. Prout has me thinking about a Santa Hat joint cap.

Deano - A JB mason style case to match has crossed my mind... maybe done in a “Santa’s Sack” theme... and maybe for next year.