George Fels -- heart attack

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad to hear. His book "Mastering Pool" was the first thing that really opened my eyes to how to play pool properly.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I've known George since the late 1970's, and a highlight of my annual summer trip to Chicago is always walking into Chris' Billiards and seeing him practicing his 14.1 game.

Stu I really appreciate you taking the time out in Vegas to introduce me to so many of the important people in the game. After our initial meeting George and I again later that day and had a good chat about the game.

George we are all pulling with you!

KeithS66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope he recovers soon. He's a wonderful writer and a tremendous asset to the billiard world.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
get well soon

....joining everyone in best wishes for a quick recovery....only had one brief correspondence with the man some time ago, but he came across as a classy guy..

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
I was lucky enough to meet George a few times in recent years, though I never had the chance to really sit and chat. I don't think anyone would doubt his column was the greatest written tribute to the game in its history, and there is no question it will remain so.

This is really sad news. I am hoping for the best and sending good thoughts.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prayers to you and your family Mr. Fels. Your book, "Mastering Pool", turned me onto 14.1 way back in the early eighties. Great stuff in that book.

Get well soon, sir!

Last edited:

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get well Mr. Fels...
I was re-reading advanced pool I set down my book to check AZ and found this post. Its shocking that we could lose such a inspirational force in our game. Thank you for all you have done Mr. Fels and get well soon please.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too have learned from and enjoyed Mr Fel's articles in BD. I hope he can make a rapid and complete recovery.

MCP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Writer

There aren't many people who write well.
We need the George Fels of the world. A prayer for this fine writer.
MCP

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found this gem just now. "Winning pool is largely a matter of reducing possibilities to certainties" George Fels

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
George was one of the most knowledgeable people ever to grace the pool world, and this forum. He shared all his ideas and thoughts openly and regularly, and through his writings he personally helped more people improve their game than about anybody in history; a genuine pleasure to meet and talk with about pool.

.........RIP George, we hate to see you go..........you were a wonderful elder statesman for the game of pool, and thousands will keep you in our hearts forever........

Will Prout

Last edited:

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sorry to hear this news, I know he is a strong man and hopefully that will help him recover through this. When I get a Billiard Digest I go right to the back and read his column first. I hope everyone on here can say a prayer for Mr. Fels.
I've always gone to the last page before reading or looking at anything else. We know you have fight in you. Hope to here some good news later.

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I'm so sorry to hear about this. My prayers are with George and his loved ones.