Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Teen with no arms or legs tackled and pinned by deputy
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-19-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
I have stood right there while young cops were being trained to yell and get in people's faces to control a situation by the department's instructor while they were in training. If you think that is how to de-escalate a situation then I am most glad you are not a cop anymore. Louisiana generally ranks as one of the top handful of most dangerous states in the union to be a cop. Their training is the major reason this is true. If you stir shlt often enough you are going to end up on the gooey end of the stick sometimes even if you do have a badge, gun, and vest.

I put that in red to be sure you understand, it isn't coworkers after training that are the problem, it is the training. Of course after training these tactics are supported by other cops that have been trained to do the same thing.

You can't get far trying to persuade me that what I saw with my own eyes isn't true.

Hu
So, you were in some backwoods police academy, one time, like 100 years ago. Great. Do you think that is standard operating procedure at every policy academy that ever existed?

Do you really believe that other police academy's don't know about descalation and how it's done versus some rubes from the back woods ?

I went to a professional academy being trained by professionals. Now, the class was made up of many rubes, I won't deny that, that never learned a thing, just enough to "squeak" by to get their 70%. Heck, many of them had a tough time qualifying on the gun range... but again, 70% is all you needed, so they squeaked by. The bigger the cop, usually the louder they were, at least in my class. I'm sure it's about the same on the street.

So, we agree, close down the backwoods academy in Louisiana and up the passing grade to 80%, and have much, much better phsycological tests

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#47)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-19-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Well.
It you have to explain the joke.
You're doing it wrong.

Some people are professionals at doing it wrong.

Ever notice how often Hondo seems to have to explain himself.
Hondo would fink to the Mods.

dumluk

Old
  (#48)
VonRhett
Friends Call Me "von"
VonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

11-19-2019, 04:39 PM

Why did he TACKLE him??

It's not like he could run away....

-von

- "Von"
Playing Cue: Paul Mottey, BOBBY HUNTER
Case: JACK JUSTIS
Other Cues: Bobby Hunter(s); JossWest(s); Mottey, Others

Where's Jimbo??

Old
  (#49)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
It is not dumbing down if what you are attempting to bring across is not clear enough to be properly interpreted.
A joke should be easily spotted even if it is subtle.
Otherwise it may seen as a statement.
I sit by my previous statement. Trust me, with some on here the joke is not easily spotted. I am what I am just as you are.
Do you think folks have any idea what your intent is half of the time? Especially when you're talking about blowing up major areas of populated lands.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#50)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post
Hondo would fink to the Mods.
You , sir, are talking out of your ass.

Well, I kept you off ignore for a while. But who needs this?

God bless each and every one of you

Last edited by tom haney; 11-19-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Old
  (#51)
dbgordie
Thread Killer!!
dbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
So, you were in some backwoods police academy, one time, like 100 years ago. Great. Do you think that is standard operating procedure at every policy academy that ever existed?

Do you really believe that other police academy's don't know about descalation and how it's done versus some rubes from the back woods ?

I went to a professional academy being trained by professionals. Now, the class was made up of many rubes, I won't deny that, that never learned a thing, just enough to "squeak" by to get their 70%. Heck, many of them had a tough time qualifying on the gun range... but again, 70% is all you needed, so they squeaked by. The bigger the cop, usually the louder they were, at least in my class. I'm sure it's about the same on the street.

So, we agree, close down the backwoods academy in Louisiana and up the passing grade to 80%, and have much, much better phsycological tests
At least in my State the standards are higher. I went to the academy in 2001-02. It was 6 months long. 80% was passing, for tests and shooting. I'm not a big guy, and I usually don't yell at people. They just want to yell back. I've found if someone is yelling at you the best thing to do is talk softly to them. It forces them to be quite if they want to hear what you are saying. It "works" for me.

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

An old timer at work once told me... "Opinions are like assholes and elbows, everybody has one, some people have two."

AKA Noah Buddy

AZB Member #108686

hmmm
Old
  (#52)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

hmmm - 11-19-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post

Naah, all I see is that you are an ass that likes to make assumptions, assumptions you would know were false if you remembered what you read a day ago at most. I do know people that majored in law enforcement at universities. They have a clue. I also see how every department I have interacted with in Louisiana and several other states behave. Yes it starts with PISS POOR TRAINING!!!

I said I assisted some at a firing range. How you translated that into "police academy", I guess that shows your reading comprehension. I don't think you could have passed in one of our training academies, there are limits even to their tolerance for gross incompetence. Your assumptions about backwoods and a hundred years ago how your narrow mindedness. Exactly what we don't need behind a badge!

While they aren't starting with the very best and brightest for the most part, the issue is instructors, not students. Students are taught these things, they role play these things under the instructor's eye and are reprimanded for not being aggressive enough until they are screaming in somebody's face from inches away old drill instructor comedy style.

Instructors created this problem, instructors could fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgordie View Post
At least in my State the standards are higher. I went to the academy in 2001-02. It was 6 months long. 80% was passing, for tests and shooting. I'm not a big guy, and I usually don't yell at people. They just want to yell back. I've found if someone is yelling at you the best thing to do is talk softly to them. It forces them to be quite if they want to hear what you are saying. It "works" for me.

Pretty simple really, defuse the situation, don't escalate it unless all else fails. dbgordie you get it. You make the street safer for yourself and everyone you deal with.

Hu

Old
  (#53)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
Naah, all I see is that you are an ass that likes to make assumptions, assumptions you would know were false if you remembered what you read a day ago at most. I do know people that majored in law enforcement at universities. They have a clue. I also see how every department I have interacted with in Louisiana and several other states behave. Yes it starts with PISS POOR TRAINING!!!

I said I assisted some at a firing range. How you translated that into "police academy", I guess that shows your reading comprehension. I don't think you could have passed in one of our training academies, there are limits even to their tolerance for gross incompetence. Your assumptions about backwoods and a hundred years ago how your narrow mindedness. Exactly what we don't need behind a badge!

While they aren't starting with the very best and brightest for the most part, the issue is instructors, not students. Students are taught these things, they role play these things under the instructor's eye and are reprimanded for not being aggressive enough until they are screaming in somebody's face from inches away old drill instructor comedy style.

Instructors created this problem, instructors could fix it.

[/COLOR]

Pretty simple really, defuse the situation, don't escalate it unless all else fails. dbgordie you get it. You make the street safer for yourself and everyone you deal with.

Hu
Even better, basically you have no direct knowledge of the police academy that you attended because you were there just for some firearms training. And thus, you didn't spend one day in the class room, see what was being taught, and never attended a police academy. You were there for a day, or two, at most, and had nothing to do with the other 3-4 months of training. Yes, talk about making an "ass" of yourself. LIke I said, some backwoods police academy in La had a bad instructor from you, and you translate into poor training to the entire country. Sorry dude, LA is not the enlighten state of the union, not even close.

Great, please enlighten us with more of your personal, hands on experience. Oh, wait, you even know folks who majored in Law Enforcement at universities, yes, more experience that you don't have. Anything else other people did that can prove your knowledge of "piss poor" training?

yeah, it has to be the training, because the world does not produce enough assholes,,, brilliant deduction.

HU, usually you have smart things to say, stuff you have first hand knowledge of. This is not of them. but, yes, I do believe you have some bad cops in LA, but you got some bad people too, and a lot of them. But, I'm a reasonable guy and I'll stipulate that police training in the state of LA sucks. Fair enough.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 11-20-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: