Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Colin Kaepernick Is an Idiot
Page 19 of 19 « First 9171819

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#271)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-19-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Oh, terrific news. So, i'm down to a Chinese cell phone. Is the iPhone made in China?? I'm doing pretty good with my china ban that has been in affect for well over a decade. When they starting poisoning kids by putting lead in toys, and killed folks with tainted milk and other such nonsense, that was enough for me.
Yes, Foxconn makes the iPhone for Apple in China.

I have one, too.

Foxconn will be opening a large manufacturing plant in Wisconsin later next year that will be making flat panel televisions.

Foxconn is a Taiwanese company.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#272)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-19-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
Hate to break it to you RJ, but your Sony television was most likely NOT made in China, unless you purchased one of their real low end models. Most likely Mexico or Japan for the higher end TV's (Bravia). Components yes, assembly no.

As someone that is up to my neck in electronics manufacturing, it is interesting to watch manufacturing move out of China as the tariffs have their desired outcome. Many of the components that were made in China are now moving to other SE Asia countries to avoid the tariffs.
Actually a lot of Sony panels are rebadged LG's....which are chinese. You are correct in that the Sony Bravia panels of yesteryear were indeed made in-house, and Japanese....but that era is past it seems.

FWIW, my goal here wasn't to be obtuse & argumentative.....while it's good that some (myself included) make a conscious effort to buy American (or more along the lines of buying non-Chinese), In so many more ways either unknown to or indirectly, you're still feeding the 'demon'.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Last edited by FairladyZ; 11-19-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Old
  (#273)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Actually a lot of Sony panels are rebadged LG's....which are chinese.
LG Display makes most of their high end panels in Korea. The cheapest panels are made in China.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#274)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-19-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
The cheapest panels are made in China.
...which is probably 90% of panels made... Very few spend the bucks for 'high end' TV's....I still service a lot of them. The 'trickle down' tech effect also helps with this. What's 'high end' today is cheap tech tomorrow....and the evolution is fast. Maybe 1 in 10 sets I service are actually considered 'high end' with non-chinese panels (I do look when I have them apart if it's a model I'm not familiar with)....and most are throw-away tech as it is. The larger ones are really the only ones worth fixing....and they'll still have chinese panels in them. Even the 'big box' stores know that there's no market in 'high end' electronics anymore, as obsolescence occurs way too quickly today.

The devil on my shoulder was hoping some of these tariffs would slow the tech market down a little and give tech some room to breathe.....tech service has been in the toilet the last ~3 years. It thrived through the Obama years.....

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Last edited by FairladyZ; 11-19-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Old
  (#275)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
...which is probably 90% of panels made... Very few spend the bucks for 'high end' TV's....I still service a lot of them. The 'trickle down' tech effect also helps with this. What's 'high end' today is cheap tech tomorrow....and the evolution is fast. Maybe 1 in 10 sets I service are actually considered 'high end' with non-chinese panels (I do look when I have them apart if it's a model I'm not familiar with)....and most are throw-away tech as it is. The larger ones are really the only ones worth fixing....and they'll still have chinese panels in them. Even the 'big box' stores know that there's no market in 'high end' electronics anymore, as obsolescence occurs way too quickly today.

The devil on my shoulder was hoping some of these tariffs would slow the tech market down a little and give tech some room to breathe.....tech service has been in the toilet the last ~3 years. It thrived through the Obama years.....
what slowed down tech service industry exactly?

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Page 19 of 19 « First 9171819

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: