Ronnie Alcano once went to extremes to look like his idol Efren. Ouch!!

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably more than a few AZBers have never heard about this head-scratcher instance of player impulsivity/national hero worship.

I heard this wacky true story about 12 years ago and happened to be reminded of it yesterday by my Asian dentist (a billiards fan) who now owns a practice here in the US:

https://tinyurl.com/quzw3mj

Respectfully submitted to the pool miscellanea Twilight Zone. :smile:

Arnaldo

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably more than a few AZBers have never heard about this head-scratcher instance of player impulsivity/national hero worship.

I heard this wacky true story about 12 years ago and happened to be reminded of it yesterday by my Asian dentist (a billiards fan) who now owns a practice here in the US:

Arnaldo

I've known that story for years.

I don't care how well he plays pool, he's an idiot for that, unless he actually needed his teeth extracted.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure he had dental issues and the idol worship was secondary...except for the story part.

Had to be, right?!:eek:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, there has to be more to this story than has been floating around for 10 or 15 years now.

In the USA for example, if a patient asked a dentist to pull his teeth purely for cosmetic reasons, and the dentist did, would he lose his license? I honestly don’t know.

I’m going with his teeth were all rotten and the dentist recommended pulling them all, Alcono says “well on the positive side I’ll look more like Efren” and the story was born.

People make up shit all the time. I have sciatica, and made up a story for the rail that I was flipping over a fat chick while in the act and that’s how I got it. Was great for a bunch of laughs 10 years ago. Ha ha.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Yeah, there has to be more to this story than has been floating around for 10 or 15 years now.

In the USA for example, if a patient asked a dentist to pull his teeth purely for cosmetic reasons, and the dentist did, would he lose his license? I honestly don’t know.

I’m going with his teeth were all rotten and the dentist recommended pulling them all, Alcono says “well on the positive side I’ll look more like Efren” and the story was born.

People make up shit all the time. I have sciatica, and made up a story for the rail that I was flipping over a fat chick while in the act and that’s how I got it. Was great for a bunch of laughs 10 years ago. Ha ha.

A new hero is born.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is funny! And it directly reminds me of a true Hollywood incident I heard about years ago from an agent there:

Louis B. Mayer, the founder and head honcho at MGM was having an extra-marital affair with plumpish singer, Ginny Simms. (Mayer and Simms *both* had spouses at the time.)

Mayer (an avid equestrian) happened to fall off a horse and badly injured his back.

When Frank Sinatra, who was under an MGM contract, was told at a very crowded Hollywood party that his boss, Mayer just got hurt falling off a horse, Frank loudly announced to all "No, he fell off of Ginny Simms."

The more-drunken celebrities laughed uproariously, but the sober ones were aghast at Sinatra's impulsive and clearly anti-career, (but very witty) joke.

Mayer heard about Sinatra's comment early the next day. Sinatra was ordered to come to Mayer's throne-like MGM office and told him: "I heard about your little joke. You're finished here. Get off the property, and don't ever come back."

Arnaldo

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Arnaldo

I’m hoping his teeth were already needing to be pulled, and he tied it to Efren after the fact. Otherwise, that’s some serial killer $hit right there.

Freddie <~~~ because that’s insane