Reload this Page HELP! Airport baggage with cues
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
HELP! Airport baggage with cues
Old
  (#1)
Bustah360
AzB Silver Member
Bustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

HELP! Airport baggage with cues - 02-24-2016, 12:34 PM

Anyone know if I can toss my cues inside my suitcase and check them into a flight from LaGuardia (American Airlines)?

Play Cue: Joell Davida 2014
Break Cue: BK 3
Jump Cue: Curtis Robertson
Case: 3X6 JB Metro Hard Case
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Favorite Quote: Do I look like a F*CKING PEOPLE PERSON?!

Old
  (#2)
JoseV
AzB Silver Member
JoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1800
Location: New Bedford Massachusetts<-Home. Currently in Hampton Va..
 Send a message via ICQ to JoseV Send a message via MSN to JoseV Send a message via Yahoo to JoseV  
02-24-2016, 12:49 PM

You can if the Pool case fits inside the suitcase but they will open it up and inspect it before it gets on the Plane and they will put an this case was inspected sticker on it.

Happened to me every time i put my Pool case inside my travel bag during my Army travel days.

Reading my posts means you consent to my incorrect spelling and poor typing skills.

Name: Jose E. Vazquez
Playing Cue: The Enigma by Joss one of a Kind.
Full Core From Joint to Butt Plate. Forward Balanced.
92 Pieces of ivory inlaid Not counting Joint.
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer Black
Jump Cue: Woody
Case: Insroke 3 by 7 Saddle Series

Old
  (#3)
Bustah360
AzB Silver Member
Bustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond reputeBustah360 has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseV View Post
You can if the Pool case fits inside the suitcase but they will open it up and inspect it before it gets on the Plane and they will put an this case was inspected sticker on it.

Happened to me every time i put my Pool case inside my travel bag during my Army travel days.
Understood. But what I wanted to do was save myself the extra charge for another bag to check in, and put the 2 cues wrapped in some clothing within my full sized suitcase. Was just going to roll up some cue sleeves to hold them inside of once taken out.

Play Cue: Joell Davida 2014
Break Cue: BK 3
Jump Cue: Curtis Robertson
Case: 3X6 JB Metro Hard Case
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Favorite Quote: Do I look like a F*CKING PEOPLE PERSON?!

Old
  (#4)
JoseV
AzB Silver Member
JoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1800
Location: New Bedford Massachusetts<-Home. Currently in Hampton Va..
 Send a message via ICQ to JoseV Send a message via MSN to JoseV Send a message via Yahoo to JoseV  
02-24-2016, 01:12 PM

If i am understanding your question the right way, you sure can roll them up and place them you your main checked baggage. The problem you may run into is if they do decide to open up your suit case to inspect it they will unwrap your cues and probably won't wrap it back up and just toss the cues back in your suit case.

If you haven't done so pack your suit case as if you were leaving tonight and place your cues in the suit case then try so see if you can get the cues in the case with the pool case.

Reading my posts means you consent to my incorrect spelling and poor typing skills.

Name: Jose E. Vazquez
Playing Cue: The Enigma by Joss one of a Kind.
Full Core From Joint to Butt Plate. Forward Balanced.
92 Pieces of ivory inlaid Not counting Joint.
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer Black
Jump Cue: Woody
Case: Insroke 3 by 7 Saddle Series

Old
  (#5)
eastcoast_chris
AzB Silver Member
eastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2016, 01:16 PM

In the largest (30") size suitcases you can fit a 2x4 case diagonally inside.

I have a crappy old slim 2x4 case that I use for just this purpose because by 3x5 Predator Blak case doesn't fit and is really heavy. I done this on about 10 trips to Vegas with no issues.

HOURS PER WEEK YOU PLAY POOL: 12-15
CUES: Adam Classic Cue/OB-1 Shaft, OB Break Cue/OB Break Shaft, Bunjee for Jumping
BEVERAGE of CHOICE: Keiths or Olands at night, Coke Zero in the daytime

Old
  (#6)
Jude Rosenstock
AzB Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustah360 View Post
Anyone know if I can toss my cues inside my suitcase and check them into a flight from LaGuardia (American Airlines)?
The only thing you cannot do under any circumstances is bring your cues on board as carry-on. Has it been done since 9/11? Yes. Is it allowed by the TSA? No.

If you're checking your luggage in and plan to put your cues inside your suitcase, that should be fine. In fact, that's how I usually fly with my cues and I've never had a problem.

Some suggest checking your cues and cue case separately which is definitely safer for the flight than putting them in a suitcase but it'll cost you roughly $25 each way and you might as well put a sign on it that says, "expensive shit inside".

Cue: Schon with OB shaft
Twitter: @JudeRosenstock

Old
  (#7)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2016, 03:37 PM

The year I went to Las Vegas, one of my roommates had a huge luggage case, and his cues were able to fit in diagonally. I don't see an issue why.

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#8)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member
erhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2016, 03:49 PM

I know they're not allowed, but they should just let you take them on the plane. I flew all the time before 9/11 with my cues onboard with me. They still let me take my guitar onboard. I doubt that one could hijack a plane with a pool cue. Maybe if I also had 5 ounces of shampoo...

Last edited by erhino41; 02-24-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Old
  (#9)
Jude Rosenstock
AzB Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhino41 View Post
They should just let you take them on the plane. I flew all the time before 9/11 with my cues onboard with me. The still let me take my guitar onboard. I doubt that one could hijack a plane with a pool cue.
They almost did allow us about a year or so ago but the TSA employees fought it. The problem is, cues are on this huge list that includes a bunch of things that are actually kinda dangerous. They haven't gone through the trouble of scrutinizing the list yet. It's just all or nothing.

Old
  (#10)
JaguarXFR
AzB Bronze Member
JaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond reputeJaguarXFR has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhino41 View Post
They should just let you take them on the plane. I flew all the time before 9/11 with my cues onboard with me. The still let me take my guitar onboard. I doubt that one could hijack a plane with a pool cue.
Before 9/11, I carried on a "Lou Groza Award (trophy given out to the best collegiate kicker in the country) with no problems....after 9/11, I tried to retrieve the trophy from my parents house in MD and when I tried to bring it on the plane they said "absolutely not" and called it 'a weapon'... I said "weapon? this is the frickin Lou Groza Award".... needless to say its still located at my parent's house in MD 10+ years later....

Point being, they are not letting you bring a pool cue on a plane

Old
  (#11)
PocketPooler
PocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond reputePocketPooler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-24-2016, 04:07 PM

I absolutely would ship them to the hotel you're staying at. USPS Overnight cant be but $25 or so.

Old
  (#12)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-24-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Rosenstock View Post
They almost did allow us about a year or so ago but the TSA employees fought it. The problem is, cues are on this huge list that includes a bunch of things that are actually kinda dangerous. They haven't gone through the trouble of scrutinizing the list yet. It's just all or nothing.
I heard it was the fearful flight attendants that complained.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#13)
Jude Rosenstock
AzB Silver Member

02-24-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I heard it was the fearful flight attendants that complained.
That sounds right. Either way, the entire list was rejected, not specifically cues.

In my opinion, this is a minor inconvenience. Of all the years my friends and I have flown with cues, I can think of only one instance where cues were lost. That's roughly 50 people over 15 years (about 1500 flights to and fro). If I were to include the professionals I know and APA, the number probably reaches 2500.

Cues aren't easily damaged and I would imagine most thieves have little interest in them. You're far more likely to lose your cues in the poolroom. I see that happen all the time.

Old
  (#14)
cueball1950
AzB Silver Member
cueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via AIM to cueball1950 Send a message via Yahoo to cueball1950  
02-24-2016, 04:47 PM

like someone else said. just ship them USPS over night mail directly to your hotel. call ahead and talk to the hotel letting them know that it is coming and ask them to hold the package for you. that is what i did and it worked out perfectly for me and the hotel was glad to know that i had called them for the heads up.....lmho.......mike......

Is life worth living with so much pain???????

Old
  (#15)
jus4funbilliard
AzB Silver Member
jus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1174

02-24-2016, 06:08 PM

When I went to APA nationals used large duffel bag with TSA lock that flagged when opened , wasn't opened out or back.

jus4funbilliards@roadrunner.com
Player. Zinzola w- 314
Breaker Huebler Jump cue Double A Custom cues

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: