Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page APA 8 ball league fees
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-17-2016, 05:54 AM

FWIW, when I played APA I noticed some of the local bars and poolhalls 'sponsor' an APA home team. Usual incentive is no green fees/dues when matches are scheduled in the host room, as opposed elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Why in heavens name would they APA have any problem with the bar paying the annual fee's or nightly dues for their "players". I've played in a bar like that before that paid annual dues....and they did it so the teams would play there.. cheap customer service to keep some heavy drinking and hungry pool players running up the tab a few nights a week.

Again, it's not like the APA would even know anyways... If my wife pays, or my bartender does, either way APA gets paid

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#32)
SC02GTP
AzB Silver Member
SC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond reputeSC02GTP has a reputation beyond repute

04-17-2016, 07:18 AM

We play an in house league on 9 ft Diamonds. We play 10 matches-5 8 ball and 5 9ball. It is 8.00 a match, so, if you play in both, 16.00 + 35.00 yearly membership.

Bankshot in Louisville, Ky.

Old
  (#33)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

04-17-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpoolleague View Post
I'd be curious to hear how many teams are in each division, how many weeks were in the season, and what the payouts were to the top 4 teams.
Right now we have 16 teams in the 8-ball division (likely to increase next session, requiring the division to be split into two divisions). 10 teams in the 9-ball division.

Payouts are larger, the more teams play in a given session. I don't recall the specifics, but the last time I was in the playoffs with 14 teams the winning team split just over $1000. Second place about half that, 3rd and 4th appropriately lower amounts.

Paid out to the four teams in the session playoffs, 1st thru 3rd place during the session plus the wild card, based on their playoff finishes.

Our LO pays out like that in all of his divisions, which numbers between 10-15 depending on the session, both 8-ball and 9-ball.

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#34)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

04-17-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAngeles View Post
Everything is a lot more expensive in Japan from a beer to cost of parking. I'm sure if they had an APA in South American it would be $1-$3 a person. It's just strange in the U.S. it can apparently range from $5-$11 or more. I'm surprised there are so many "former" APA league operators defending their position?
Do you really consider 2 out of 20 posters that are former lo's a huge number ?

As I stated before...ours are 6.00 or 7.00 depending on which division and format. Oh yea...i forgot masters which is 9.00.

As for your statement of variances of fees for rom one area to another...i dont see the big deal. Each one I independently owned . Heck I can tell you about gas prices in my area that varies 10 cent a gallon which are owned by the same grab his.'splain that one.

I realm dont think its out if min compared to other leagues either so I realm dont see the problem here.

Old
  (#35)
jus4funbilliard
AzB Silver Member
jus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond reputejus4funbilliard has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1174

04-17-2016, 01:41 PM

Our LO doesn't allow host locations to charge table time.

jus4funbilliards@roadrunner.com
Player. Zinzola w- 314
Breaker Huebler Jump cue Double A Custom cues

Old
  (#36)
TCIndepMo
AzB Silver Member
TCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond reputeTCIndepMo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to TCIndepMo  
04-17-2016, 03:20 PM

In Kansas City, Jackson County area six dollars per player ($30 for team) per week and players split the quarters. Although the individual match fee might be going up in next few sessions. Up to new LO to decide.

Some HL owners pay annual memberships of players, plus t-shirts and house rounds at their discretion. APA just asks that they do the same for all of their players, not just the favorites.

As this thread has shown fees in each area up to each LO to decide. But readers of thread should also consider the payback to players is also up to each LO. Plane tickets to Vegas (plus hotel, etc) are more expensive from East coast cities than from Midwest. I suspect those areas that collect $40-50 per team each week pay back more Tri Annual and Vegas expense money than areas that collect $25-30 per week.

Even paybacks from three APA areas in greater Kansas City area will vary greatly from year to year. Apples and oranges kind of situation.

BTW - I also used to be an APA league operator. Retirement is a good thing.

Discrepancy
Old
  (#37)
AceAngeles
AzB Silver Member
AceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond repute

Discrepancy - 04-18-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider View Post
As for your statement of variances of fees for one area to another...i dont see the big deal. Each one I independently owned . Heck I can tell you about gas prices in my area that varies 10 cent a gallon which are owned by the same grab his.'splain that one.
Do the math. At $2.00 a gallon, 10 cents difference is only 5%. League Operators charging from $5-$11 is 120% difference!!! It's just too much of a discrepancy, considering when you get to the regional or National level everyone gets the same amount of price money. You'd think the main office of APA would set guidelines for fees. Anyway it's just an opinion.

Old
  (#38)
AceAngeles
AzB Silver Member
AceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond reputeAceAngeles has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCIndepMo View Post
In Kansas City, Jackson County area six dollars per player ($30 for team) per week and players split the quarters. Although the individual match fee might be going up in next few sessions. Up to new LO to decide

As this thread has shown fees in each area up to each LO to decide. But readers of thread should also consider the payback to players is also up to each LO. Plane tickets to Vegas (plus hotel, etc) are more expensive from East coast cities than from Midwest. I suspect those areas that collect $40-50 per team each week pay back more Tri Annual and Vegas expense money than areas that collect $25-30 per week.

Even paybacks from three APA areas in greater Kansas City area will vary greatly from year to year. Apples and oranges kind of situation.

BTW - I also used to be an APA league operator. Retirement is a good thing.
It makes sense, payouts, plane tickets etc... but there is still a big difference in charges within the same area. Many leagues in the more expensive areas are losing teams. Leagues with 4, 5, 6, 7 teams only. Some used to have 12-16 teams. It happens mostly because of the increased nightly fees, especially if you play more than one night a week. I'm sure if a poll was taken, players would rather pay half the amount and get minimal or less payouts than be in a position of not being able to afford to play in a league more than once a week.

Old
  (#39)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2016, 06:50 AM

$22 if you play both 8-ball & 9-ball (double jeopardy). At end of the night, $35 ($7 a person) goes into the 8-ball envelope, $40 ($8 a person) goes into 9-ball, and $35 goes to the house for green fees.

FWIW, I find in-house leagues usually offer a better deal than franchise leagues. At Amsterdam Billiards in NYC, Team 8-ball is $16, standard format is either race to 2 in 8-ball & race to 3 in 9-ball or race to 3 in 8-ball, and a race to 4 in 9-ball depending on your handicap.

Maybe it's not the case elsewhere, but here in NYC I feel that I have plenty of league choices ranging from 8-ball, Team 9-ball, Individual 9-ball, 14.1, & Scotch Doubles.

Quote:
So basically $11 per person including table fees. Not that bad I guess. In Rockland county (also within $40 miles of NYC) they pay $11 plus table fees. Different league operator. I think $100 miles farther away from NYC (same LO) also paying $11 plus table.

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#40)
purpdrag
AzB Silver Member
purpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond reputepurpdrag has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200

04-18-2016, 09:05 AM

It's $12 each in Northern Virginia.

Old
  (#41)
APA Operator
AzB Silver Member
APA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Do the math. At $2.00 a gallon, 10 cents difference is only 5%. League Operators charging from $5-$11 is 120% difference!!! It's just too much of a discrepancy, considering when you get to the regional or National level everyone gets the same amount of price money. You'd think the main office of APA would set guidelines for fees. Anyway it's just an opinion.
Doing the math by percentages isn't really a fair way to compare. League fees are usually set in one dollar increments (every league, not just APA) per player, so when there's a difference you're comparing $6 to $7 (17%) or $7 to $8 (14%), etc. Maybe one day when there is no more cash and everyone pays for everything electronically, there can be more granularity in fee structures, but for now nobody wants to make captains collect $6.32 from each player.

Old
  (#42)
DonsSmidget
Guppy
DonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond reputeDonsSmidget has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2016, 02:14 AM

Here in RI it is $50 a week per team (APA) for either eight or nine ball - $10 for each person that plays

Imagine what you could do...... If you could do what you imagine

Semper Fi

Old
  (#43)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2016, 03:30 AM

It just went up from $6 to $7 dollar per player and they recently started charging $1 per patch if you want one. No greens fees here.. they open up the table.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

APA Fees
Old
  (#44)
Ron Nepini
AzB Silver Member
Ron Nepini is on a distinguished road

APA Fees - 04-24-2016, 09:54 AM

we pay $9.00/ each, $45.00/night,open tables, Maryland.

Old
  (#45)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

04-24-2016, 07:51 PM

Wow...what a cheap sob! LOL Of course 8 plane tickets from ME cost too! 25 years ago I gave my teams 4 rooms for 8 players, plus $100 each food money. Now I was only 800 miles from Vegas, so my teams drove (I gave them gas $$$ too).

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus4funbilliard View Post
In Bangor ME , 1-3 with a drawn wild card. And if your lucky enough to get to Vegas two rooms for eight players with a fifty dollar per person food allowance for the week.

PBIA Master Instructor

Page 3 of 5 123 45

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: