Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Going to be flying to SBE this year, recommendations for carrying pool cues on plane
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Going to be flying to SBE this year, recommendations for carrying pool cues on plane
Old
  (#1)
dkjshark
AzB Silver Member
dkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Going to be flying to SBE this year, recommendations for carrying pool cues on plane - 02-17-2017, 01:30 PM

Hello everyone, Iam going to be flying into philly from tenn. to attend the SBE this year. I was wondering what is the best way to carry my pool cues? Anyone that has experience with flying and bring their pool cues? I have heard some bad things from people about checking their pool cues on plane? Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks kj

Old
  (#2)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2017, 01:32 PM

by federal law you have to check them.

or mail ahead to someplace you can trust them to be kept safely until you arrive.

Old
  (#3)
dkjshark
AzB Silver Member
dkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2017, 01:36 PM

im just worried about the safety of them and not being stolen?

Old
  (#4)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

02-17-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjshark View Post
im just worried about the safety of them and not being stolen?
That is reasonable, but you can't check them.

Get a large piece of luggage for the cues in their case. Use that for your clothes and everything. That's my only suggestion.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#5)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-17-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
That is reasonable, but you can't check them.

Get a large piece of luggage for the cues in their case. Use that for your clothes and everything. That's my only suggestion.
I think you meant that you can't carry them on. Of course you can check them.

Freddie <~~~ a hundred times

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#6)
dkjshark
AzB Silver Member

02-17-2017, 02:19 PM

Thank you for the suggestion, have you done it this way?

Old
  (#7)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion, have you done it this way?
I don't know who you're asking, but I've checked my cues in a large duffel, in a cue travel bag from Porper, and in a large suit case. I travel with my cues several times a year.

Freddie

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Last edited by Cornerman; 02-19-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Old
  (#8)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Hello everyone, Iam going to be flying into philly from tenn. to attend the SBE this year. I was wondering what is the best way to carry my pool cues? Anyone that has experience with flying and bring their pool cues? I have heard some bad things from people about checking their pool cues on plane? Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks kj
You may be able to stick your case side-ways in a larger suitcase. That is how I pack my son's cues when we travel for junior nationals. You may want to ship them instead. Last time the airline lost my bag with the cue case for several weeks.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#9)
dkjshark
AzB Silver Member

02-17-2017, 02:42 PM

Thank you Freddie, I will try to fit them in my suitcase, I hope they dont lose my suitcase, lol just scared, i would be lost without my cue.

Old
  (#10)
dkjshark
AzB Silver Member

02-17-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
You may be able to stick your case side-ways in a larger suitcase. That is how I pack my son's cues when we travel for junior nationals. You may want to ship them instead. Last time the airline lost my bag with the cue case for several weeks.
Thank you for the input, thats what im worried about, them losing my cue, i guess i will just have to risk it, from what i understand there is no way to insure it or guarantee it. thanks kj

Old
  (#11)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the input, thats what im worried about, them losing my cue, i guess i will just have to risk it, from what i understand there is no way to insure it or guarantee it. thanks kj
If you ship it you can insure it against loss, of course it will cost extra and you will need a proof of value.

It's funny when they lost my bag, the very day that I was filling out the loss report form and got the cue value from the maker, I got a call from the airline that my bag was on the way to me LOL It's like they just held it to the last second that they could before getting it back to me.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#12)
dkjshark
AzB Silver Member

02-17-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
If you ship it you can insure it against loss, of course it will cost extra and you will need a proof of value.

It's funny when they lost my bag, the very day that I was filling out the loss report form and got the cue value from the maker, I got a call from the airline that my bag was on the way to me LOL It's like they just held it to the last second that they could before getting it back to me.
wow, that is crazy, glad you got it back! Thanks again kj

Old
  (#13)
fish on
AzB Silver Member
fish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
you can ship it to me?
I will get it to you as I am 10 minutes from expo and plan on being there often!
pm me for address and cell # ship insured
THERE ARE HOTELS ADJACENT TO EXPO OR CHEAPER ONES WEST TOWARDS ROYERSFORD, 19468 still only 10 minutes away

Old
  (#14)
dkjshark
AzB Silver Member

02-17-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish on View Post
you can ship it to me?
I will get it to you as I am 10 minutes from expo and plan on being there often!
pm me for address and cell # ship insured
THERE ARE HOTELS ADJACENT TO EXPO OR CHEAPER ONES WEST TOWARDS ROYERSFORD, 19468 still only 10 minutes away
Thank you for the very nice offer, However iam undecided at the moment of what iam going to do. I will pm you if I decide to take you up on your offer, thanks kj

Old
  (#15)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2017, 03:58 PM

I flew on Spirit Airlines to Houston for the Seniors One Pocket tourney in October. This is how my cue was returned to me. It was packed first in the hard case and second, with my clothes, in the larger travel bag.

I made my first work of art out of the finished product. Of course Spirit took no responsibility. saying I should have informed them immediately when I picked up my bag at the L.A. airport. I didn't open my luggage until after I returned home and didn't see my broken cue for a couple of days. When I opened the cue case to put it back in the rack it came out in the two pieces you see here. It appears to be deliberately broken.
Attached Images

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: