2x4 cue case recommendations

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I'm looking for a lightweight 2x4 case, as my Instroke 3x5 is getting too heavy to lug around in some cases. Though I do love the Instroke design. I tried a Porper and I love the weight and the design, but I couldn't fit my shafts in there as the holes were too narrow. I think the Porper was less than 3lbs. Anyone have any suggestions for a high quality 2x4 case of similar weight?

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought a Justis Pro lite about 2 months ago, can't believe how light it is, did not know if I would like it, but I love it now, very light. I think you would like it to...

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
those justis cases look really nice (and light), but are pretty pricey. might be out of my price range right now, though i'll definitely keep it in mind for later. i'm looking for something sub $150 probably.

Jigger

Lets Roll....(...(..(.(O
Silver Member
I like my Porper 2 X 4. It's light, tough heavy vinyl, $110, lots of storage and offers reasonable protection of cues (I seldom drive a truck over my cue case). Available at almost internet store like Meulers, Pooldawg, etc... The foam in the top lid is only OK. Very functional case that should last for years and look nice too.

Fred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to a large tournament and check out the vendors there. Chances are you'll find what you want at the price you want.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jigger said:
I like my Porper 2 X 4. It's light, tough heavy vinyl, $110, lots of storage and offers reasonable protection of cues (I seldom drive a truck over my cue case). Available at almost internet store like Meulers, Pooldawg, etc... The foam in the top lid is only OK. Very functional case that should last for years and look nice too.

i really liked the porper too, but the only thing was that the shaft holes were too small, esp for my break shafts that had a stiff taper. i tried to stretch out the holes as much as i could, but it was still too tight. too bad too, i really liked the case. if only they made the holes a bit bigger....seems to me a big error on their part. can't believe no one else has had the same problem

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Case

Don't know exactly, but I lifted it and it is NOT heavy. Probably around
3 lbs. It is a nice looking case in person. The 2 industrial rubber handles are nice, and has shoulder strap too. Thought the cell phone net pocket was a nice touch. Separate jump butt pocket with its own zipper.