SVB on TV show "Dakota Life"

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I would like to see a slo-mo of the CB just as it hits the rack. I'll bet the CB is in the air as it hit's the rack. Johnnyt

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I would like to see a slo-mo of the CB just as it hits the rack. I'll bet the CB is in the air as it hit's the rack. Johnnyt

Here ya go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxZP-JS4g5s

It is indeed airborne. It's kind of cool actually.
It's in the air from the kitchen line, to juuuust in front of the spot.
Then it bounces off the slate right in front of the 1 ball, and hits the 1 ball just after the bounce.
This seems to be why it pops straight up so often.

I think when it bounces backwards, it might actually be travelling just a hair further, so that
it doesn't hit the slate first, it hits the one on the way down and then rebounds away from it.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Here ya go!

Then it bounces off the slate right in front of the 1 ball, and hits the 1 ball just after the bounce.

I think when it bounces backwards, it might actually be travelling just a hair further, so that
it doesn't hit the slate first, it hits the one on the way down and then rebounds away from it.

Thank you CreeDo. I thought it was like that. I have tried it for hours and it's not as easy as he makes it look. Johnnyt

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An actual news clip on pool without one mention of "hustler". Amazing.

Thanks for posting the link.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
finally got to watch the episode. hard for anyone not to be a fan of this guy!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
finally got to watch the episode. hard for anyone not to be a fan of this guy!

IMO any right hander that wants to copy a pro player Shane would be the one, both on the table and off of it. Johnnyt

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here ya go!

I'd like to know how he does the other break. Where the CB doesn't pop as much, but instead has a little forward spin. It rolls forward a few inches, and then just dies.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Thank you CreeDo. I thought it was like that. I have tried it for hours and it's not as easy as he makes it look. Johnnyt

Every day that I play ten ball, I try to copy it. You're right, it's not easy.
He's got years of hitting it correctly dialed into muscle memory.

Every so often it works and I get that nice pop'n'stop and I feel pleased with myself.
Even if I don't make a ball. Then the feeling fades when I realize I still can't run out.

I never seem to have it figured out to the point where I can do it for hours.
Maybe 2-3 times... and then back to scratch-in-the-side, no pop and massive follow,
cut way off center on the 1, jump off the table, etc.

I'd like to know how he does the other break. Where the CB doesn't pop as much, but instead has a little forward spin. It rolls forward a few inches, and then just dies.

I think it's all the same break just at different speeds. I think he prefers to not hit super hard,
unless he dry breaks. Then (based on what he says in his video) he will try a different spot
and ramp the speed up to 100% if he has to.

I believe at harder speeds, it bounces backwards off the rack. If the balls are frozen
they act as a single large mass, and any smaller mass that hits them hard will bounce
backwards away from them. The cue ball rebounds to about midtable, and if shane
hits even 2 mm above center, the topspin cancels out the backwards rebound
and the ball just dies, which gives me a little pool woody every time I see it.