Who's the most popular cue maker still making cues

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
Trying to decide who to order a cue from looking for the best cue maker out there.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In addition to budget, you should probably mention what type of cue you have in mind. If you want a 4-point full-splice cue then you will get a list of great names I'm sure. If you want a 8-point half-splice then you'll also get a great list of names...but I'm guessing it might be a different list.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is no best as nothing from any cuemaker out there will play any better than anything off the rack, anybody that asks such a question is usually better of with such a stick

if you're talking specifics in art/design, etc....then yo:grin:u need to provide more....specifics

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
And how long are you willing to wait for it? The "best" cues will have a long waiting list, with some makers like Southwest up around 10 years.

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Searing.
He's fast and budget priced.
:grin-square
But, as mentioned , be more specific .

searing fast??????/ i have been on his list for over 10 years and cannot get the man to answer any emails or phone calls.......and i had people talking to him for me like paul dayton who is great friends with him.........i gave up................mike

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
searing fast??????/ i have been on his list for over 10 years and cannot get the man to answer any emails or phone calls.......and i had people talking to him for me like paul dayton who is great friends with him.........i gave up................mike

Sorry, the green grin square didn't work.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
OP - If you have an unlimited amount of money and an unlimited amount of time and an unlimited amount of patience and an unlimited amount of unlimitedness, well.... maybe.... juuuuust maybe we can do some business.

Get a McDermott. End of story.
Best cue for the money for over 4 decades. Name another cue maker, custom or not that can come within a decade of that record.

McDermott... cheap, good, made in the USA and you can get as many as you want right now.

Lesh

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trying to decide who to order a cue from looking for the best cue maker out there.

Since you're from Lowell, MA, I would consider Mike Webb out of Rhode Island.

Who's the most popular? Mr. Cuetec?

Freddie <~~~ or maybe Mr. Gina or Mrs. West

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Ernie Gutierrez, Gina Cues. Your budget may or may not stand it though. By "still making cues" I assume you mean the one building the longest? Ernie.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I offer this because I am trying to help and not be a dick.

I think it is silly to order a cue right now. The price of cues on the secondary market is ridiculously low. There are cues that are listed on here for $1200-that would have sold for $2K-$2.5K a few years ago.

Best deal I have seen is cuehunter has Richard Black cue that looked awesome for $1200. IMO, it is best deal, and there is no way you can a new cue built for that kind of money.

I wish you the best,

Ken

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
I guess I didn't word it right. Not so much the best but I guess in the highest demand someone known for making the best playing cue. Not for collection but shooting a players cue 500-1000 dollar range.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I would go with Josey cues. Keith makes a very solid-hitting cue with interesting design options and good turnaround times. The communication and customer service are top notch as well!

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
In that price range, then I would suggest Bryan Mordt for an individual cuemaker.

You can also get some really nice cues from custom shops such as Jacoby, Pechauer, and Schon.

And there are also a wide selection from McDermott and Viking. They all make great players cues. Your choice really depends on part the style of cue design you are looking for. But for your budget you have alot of options.