Shoes

Delaware Lar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a serious pool player and spend a lot of time on my feet at the pool table. I'm thinking about in investing in a good pair of shoes that will accommodate my long hours at the pool table.

Are there any suggestions on what type of shoes I should buy?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes,,,,,get a men's pair of Uggs.......wear your reg shoes to the pool hall and switch.
I received a pair for Xmas from one of my children & had never considered getting a pair.
Well, low & behold, the comfort of wearing them is wonderful & mine looks like a loafer shoe.

Anyway, I'd never have bought a pair because I thought it was all hype and sorta feminine.
"Hey. .....look at my new furry shoes".....Silly me......the Uggs look like a normal loafer shoe.
If you want to enjoy being on your feet playing pool, then look into getting a pair of men's Uggs.

Matt B.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
if you can afford it
i would go to a podiatrist and get custom orthotics (insoles)
to use in the shoes of your choice
you may have to adjust the size shoe you buy to accommodate the orthotic

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm a serious pool player and spend a lot of time on my feet at the pool table. I'm thinking about in investing in a good pair of shoes that will accommodate my long hours at the pool table.

Yes,

Merrell
Keen
Arcopedico

You will certainly have comfort :thumbup:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the hell with comfort...... go for style....... :thumbup:
polls_dragon_boots1_5813_128397_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cole Haan.
Sport, Casual and Dress shoes, they have all models with Nike Air sole, I got a sport-typed oxford and I wore it every Friday to work and straight to pool hall in the afternoon, supper comfortable, just like running shoes.
It is good everyday shoes at the office too, even in a bar-date lmao!
Go to outlet it is really cheap and more style, around $100.
Online store is not bad either:
http://www.colehaan.com/mens-grandseries

Last edited:

JasBy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crocs...knock em if you want to (insert Idiocracy reference here) but they are comfy.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sneakers. There's nothing worse than stretching across the table for a shot and having leather soled shoes slip while you're shooting.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
look up Aldens

While Alden makes great shoes and boots, have a couple myself, they are not what I would recommend for shooting pool. Most will be leather soled and the rubber sole options are still not going to be my first choice for shooting pool. Even my crepe soled Roy boots aren't ideal and I swap into sneakers of some sort for playing.

I think a good basic sneaker is ideal, something without a large heel lift and with moderate cushioning. I have some all suede J Crew x New Balance that are my preferred shoes to play in.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
There was a company at rhetoric Sbe last year selling shoes just for the sole purpose of shooting pool. Forget there name though as they were pretty expensive. Believe they wanted like $200 a pair.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Did you see my pool shoe post from earlier today?

Look it up.

You might like those

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a company at rhetoric Sbe last year selling shoes just for the sole purpose of shooting pool. Forget there name though as they were pretty expensive. Believe they wanted like $200 a pair.

This way to the Worlds Famous Egress folks......... :thumbup:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I like the advice below. I also like Mephistos "Match" shoes for playing pool but they are heavy as a shoe can be. I'm used to the heavier than normal weight and like the comfort of the shoe but still had aching feet after playing long sessions of pool until I purchased some orthotics designed to help my arch. No more aching feet, relative speaking.

JoeyA

if you can afford it
i would go to a podiatrist and get custom orthotics (insoles)
to use in the shoes of your choice
you may have to adjust the size shoe you buy to accommodate the orthotic