Palmer 1970's

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that a Model M on the bench???

Yes Sir
By far, one of my most challenging restorations to date. I kept everything original, epoxied the broken pieces back together except for the obvious broken butt cap and M. O. P. Rings at the -A- joint. New joint screw and stainless joint. Made a cup holder for each piece in the bottom, bored it and epoxied phenolic rings under them for consistancy in re-fitting them. I look back and smile now but the challenge almost broke me.

IMG_1932~2.jpg
IMG_1928~2.jpg
IMG_1933~2.jpg

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes Sir
By far, one of my most challenging restorations to date. I kept everything original, epoxied the broken pieces back together except for the obvious broken butt cap and M. O. P. Rings at the -A- joint. New joint screw and stainless joint. Made a cup holder for each piece in the bottom, bored it and epoxied phenolic rings under them for consistancy in re-fitting them. I look back and smile now but the challenge almost broke me.

View attachment 531539
View attachment 531540
View attachment 531541

Fantastic work Mike. That is absolutely stunning. Your craftsmanship, and repair abilities, never cease to amaze. Truly phenomenal job! :cool:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fantastic work Mike. That is absolutely stunning. Your craftsmanship, and repair abilities, never cease to amaze. Truly phenomenal job! :cool:

I must 100% agree, stellar work. Really great attention to the little details, beautiful work.
Really fun seeing it come together, thanks for sharing with us.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Dang

Hot diggity, that looks great! Thanks for the report and pics!!! Love these old cues they have so much character!

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing! Did you think it would look this good when you started? That was as grungy a cue as I recall ever seeing.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Gentlemen. I start with positive thoughts and hope for the best. In my customers letter, he just asked for me to do what I could.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you Gentlemen. I start with positive thoughts and hope for the best. In my customers letter, he just asked for me to do what I could.

Looks like Christmas came early for that "lucky" chap. ;) :cool: