What Pool Rooms Still Open?

TwinkleToes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the Houston area, they have made an order that all bars are to shut down. This is causing virtually all pool rooms to shut down. Does anybody know what pool rooms might still be open?

Is this kind of mandatory closing happening in the rest of the country?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I am in a totally different area and generally only play at home...but pool halls are right up there with health clubs and Vegas buffets on the lists of places I'd avoid even if they were open.

Sent from the future.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the Houston area, they have made an order that all bars are to shut down. This is causing virtually all pool rooms to shut down. Does anybody know what pool rooms might still be open?

If your looking for a room to actually go to, I hope you have thought this through.

Better safe than sorry.

Jeff

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It’s people like you who make the government look bad when they have to forcibly detain you for wanting to be so retarded.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can hold off going into one, but I know that in the Chicago area, Red Shoes in Alsip is remaining open. Not sure if they are the only one or not.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s people like you who make the government look bad when they have to forcibly detain you for wanting to be so retarded.
Yep. Pretty much. Who cares about pool right now? If you don't own a table don't plan on playing anytime soon.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
One here is staying open, apparently against the order. Public heath be damned.

TwinkleToes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL...your assumption is quite entertaining! I have a pool table and can play any time of the day if I choose. The pool room where I usually play when I want to get on a 9 footer, is shut down, but I had heard that there is a room nearby that is still open.

Personally, I was thinking that anybody still going to a pool room, would kinda be like the high school and college kids going to spring break parties...in that it is so selfish of them to disregard what they should do, to protect the elderly.

After reading what you said in response, I went back and reread my original post, and I see how someone could come to the conclusion that I was asking so that I could find a place to play myself, but that was not the intent of my question. Sometimes, knowing what a person did not say, is as important as knowing what they did say.

However, I didn't feel that I needed to clarify why I was asking my question.

But...every now and then, there is the person that jumps to conclusions and assumes whatever they like, or what their first impression might have been, and then wants to castigate those who don't think as they do.

I'm sorry if you're having a tough day!

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
All the rooms on Long Island NY have closed, including the one i work at and run my 14.1 league out of. which as of right now we are closed til March 31st !!! ugh

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Disney closed and all the cruises cancelled Clearwater Beach is absolutely packed. It’s a mob scene down there. I get the hebe jeebies just driving by there.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have to provide complete info up front...

And people will infer what they will.
LOL...your assumption is quite entertaining! I have a pool table and can play any time of the day if I choose. The pool room where I usually play when I want to get on a 9 footer, is shut down, but I had heard that there is a room nearby that is still open.

Personally, I was thinking that anybody still going to a pool room, would kinda be like the high school and college kids going to spring break parties...in that it is so selfish of them to disregard what they should do, to protect the elderly.

After reading what you said in response, I went back and reread my original post, and I see how someone could come to the conclusion that I was asking so that I could find a place to play myself, but that was not the intent of my question. Sometimes, knowing what a person did not say, is as important as knowing what they did say.

But...every now and then, there is the person that jumps to conclusions and assumes whatever they like, or what their first impression might have been, and then wants to castigate those who don't think as they do.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member

After reading your original post, this one comes in as a little odd for me, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The entire internet is built upon people making assumptions about other people. Based on that assumption, you're in a pretty dark corner of it, to just be asking what's open, then wondering what you're getting chided for.

It's not every now and then, it's nearly always. We wouldn't be the society we are today without assumptions we make about other people.

I would assume you're not asking the question because you 'just want to know'.
Even by this response post, I'd STILL assume you're looking to play somewhere on a 9 foot because you don't have one at home.

One can only go off of the information they have.....:wink:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You can deflect all you want, but the English language is the hardest language to communicate properly in. You’ve failed at communicating your point. You’re crying because you don’t have a 9’ table, and even worse you’re crying because you want to go out in public and play pool. Sorry little snowflake, but nothing you wrote there changes the tone or the inferred message from your original post. Go back to candy land.

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool rooms

Everything in florida closed for 30 days. Apa bca etc. Was at diamonds billiards Monday nite and their nite manger coughing like a bull elephant that was working I got of there fast .Some people don't care and why did that person even come in .owner allow this.Spray the joint down now.. Closed for 30 days maybe the place will be safe to go in.. REALLY

Last edited:

TwinkleToes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can deflect all you want, but the English language is the hardest language to communicate properly in. You’ve failed at communicating your point. You’re crying because you don’t have a 9’ table, and even worse you’re crying because you want to go out in public and play pool. Sorry little snowflake, but nothing you wrote there changes the tone or the inferred message from your original post. Go back to candy land.

...and you acting like a 6 year old is supposed to have some sort of influence upon me? You might want to start growing up, because you are evidently in an adult body, with the mind of a child. I have never cried about having a 9 foot table, as I have owned two of them in the past, but presently enjoy my 8 footer. If you're wondering why you have relationship problems, you might want to pay attention a little more.

Last edited: