Spots on super pro aramith balls?

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone I've picked these aramith super pros up used but no matter what I've tried they have like water spots that always come back. Any suggestions on how to remove them?

I've tried the aramith restorer and cleaner and used meguiars the last time I cleaned them in my home made ball polisher.

Attachments

• 20200611_065222.jpg
    20200611_065222.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 506

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there anyway to prevent these spots from occuring or is it just something you have to deal with and clean them more often?

Just didn't really expect this from the super pros when I picked them up.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there anyway to prevent these spots from occuring or is it just something you have to deal with and clean them more often?

Just didn't really expect this from the super pros when I picked them up.

Put em back in the box and get a set of cyclop balls. That's how I went:shrug:

Do they come out of the polisher like that or are those marks incurred while playing?

Also, letting them sit after polishing for a few hours seemed to help.

Also-also, maybe try wiping with soft cloth after polishing? Maybe too much product in you cleaner.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put em back in the box and get a set of cyclop balls. That's how I went:shrug:

Do they come out of the polisher like that or are those marks incurred while playing?

Also, letting them sit after polishing for a few hours seemed to help.

Also-also, maybe try wiping with soft cloth after polishing? Maybe too much product in you cleaner.

No they clean up well in the polisher and look new again.
I let them sit for over half a day last time I cleaned them up.
I did wipe them off after.

Thanks for helping was trying to hold onto them and make them work. I got a suggestion of Johnson's paste wax off a guy on Facebook that said he got that tip from his pool hall. I will probably give that a shot.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The spots are from the balls colliding in the polisher. I created a divider for my polisher and no more spots.

42811142982_730847f970_b.jpg

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The spots are from the balls colliding in the polisher. I created a divider for my polisher and no more spots.

42811142982_730847f970_b.jpg

Thanks rexus. I'll give that a shot. They come out polished but then redevelop those spots shortly after using them

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I've tried the aramith restorer and cleaner and used meguiars the last time I cleaned them in my home made ball polisher.
...the last round tried mcguiars quick wax
I got a suggestion of Johnson's paste wax
Maybe the marks are being made in the polish that's left on the balls after polishing...? I'd try cleaning them by hand with plain soap and water, just to eliminate that possibility.

pj
chgo

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks rexus. I'll give that a shot. They come out polished but then redevelop those spots shortly after using them

Despite the certainty from rexus, that isn't necessarily the cause or the cure.

I have diamond polisher and the balls don't touch until game play.

We are getting the same marks.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Tip layer glue I believe
It happened all the time till I switched to triangles n lepros

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of cloth does the OP have, and how new is it? I always thought this was from certain cloths made with stain resistant chemicals until the cloth breaks in.

When I got new Simonis 860HR my really old Aramith Crowns looked like this after being polished before play. After a few months of playing on the cloth I got new Centennials and while they get some some spots, it’s not bad.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of cloth does the OP have, and how new is it? I always thought this was from certain cloths made with stain resistant chemicals until the cloth breaks in.

I cleaned my balls about 2 weeks ago to a beautiful shine without any spots.
My Simonis 760 is about 5 years old so it s way more than broken in.

My balls got these marks on them within a few minutes of starting play. But over a couple of days they became worse. I think that this is a cross product of slightly dirty cloth and the contact pressure the balls go through when they collide; the grease on your hands when pulling them from pockets does nothing to help.

I can tell you that soaking the balls in water for 10 minutes makes getting the spots off a LOT easier.

Oh By the Way:: I use a rag that was once used to apply car polish to a car of mine, and then I use this cloth with the polishing particles still embedded to bring the luster up on the surface without adding the sealant of the original car polish. Been using this rage for 5-odd years. It polishes the balls up good, and is also good for removing chalk marks on the cue ball.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When I got new Simonis 860HR my really old Aramith Crowns looked like this after being polished before play. After a few months of playing on the cloth I got new Centennials and while they get some some spots, it’s not bad.

What kind of table/pockets do you have? They look like pocket marks as well.

The cloth is one week old simonis 860 but it also did this on mercury cloth that was on the valley I had previously.

I now have a diamond professional with leather drop pockets.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No they clean up well in the polisher and look new again.
I let them sit for over half a day last time I cleaned them up.
I did wipe them off after.

Thanks for helping was trying to hold onto them and make them work. I got a suggestion of Johnson's paste wax off a guy on Facebook that said he got that tip from his pool hall. I will probably give that a shot.
In general it is a bad idea to put wax on balls unless you want them to slide abnormally. Avoid automotive products. I would wash the balls with plain water after after polishing them to get off any residue from the polish.

To eliminate the possibility that pockets are causing it, try playing the object ball straight up and down the table. You can practice stunning the cue ball perfectly into the object ball. High speed, with or without side spin. Practice with one object ball for ten minutes and that should tell you whether it is from ball/ball collisions. The practice itself is worthwhile.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You all need to refamiliarize youz with the thread I linked.

I was able to reproduce those marks by just knocking my balls together by hand.

Bob also opined on the circular signature of the spots being the resul ob bal/ball collisions.

Was there another thread around same time?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
marks from the chemicals put on the leather pockets or the plastic pockets if you have them

or most likely from the wax/cleaners that have polish in them on the balls themselves.

old school no one ever polished the balls.
now almost all the rooms do and people in their homes as it makes the balls look new again and you can draw your cueball a mile or so.